Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    This chart right now is about as useful as wet toilet paper and I am glad that most replies in here so far seems to be from non retarded players that understands that.
    that might be due to time zones

'meta players' will take this as their holy bible and block any other class that is not a lock or mage from their dungeon invites, starting with normal, because any other class is just not viable.

Page 72 of the original game manual for World of Warcraft. ”Mages can dish out the most ranged damage in the shortest time.”

So obviously these numbers are incorrect. Or else, give mages plate, resurrection, a heal, a soulstone or something useful.

"These numbers are meaningless because the classes have yet to be balanced. But we went ahead and created a Tier list anyway because why the fuck wouldn't we?"

Imagine caring about DPS rankings right now.

Why even post this? Is it some sort of thinly veiled I.Q test?
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

15+ Year Old Account
    People have too much faith in Blizzard that they can actually balance shit before release, watch half of these specs still do dog shit dps on release.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    People have too much faith in Blizzard that they can actually balance shit before release, watch half of these specs still do dog shit dps on release.
    i have faith in blizzard balancing things in time.

their usual chainsaw when a scalpel is required method, of course. "X spec is 10% above the next spec down in all sims and logs and our internal data? reduce the damage of all their abilities by 40%, thatll fix it."

Enh lookin' good!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    take with a metric ton of salt.

https://www.wowmeta.com/shadowlands/dps-rankings
    These number are clearly wrong. Only two of the warlock specs are in top 3. When Shadowlands launch all 3 specs will definitely be up there.

I wish I would have screenshotted the old list they had. Oh well, it's been updated.

They really don't understand how to tier...

Last edited by iperson; 2020-08-15 at 09:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, when all 3 mage specs are better than most of the dps specs... ya know someone fucked up... or just loves mages to much.

With a grain of salt, balance is just a flip of a few switches, and numbers are allowed be outrageous (currently). But, we better see balance changes.

As it is, the spec I wanted to play is bottom of the list (demo).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Fire mage is not first, this is bait. In the end it'll be like BfA
    Wasn't fire pretty bad first tier of BfA?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    I wish I would have screenshotted the old list they had. Oh well, it's been updated.

They really don't understand how to tier...

I am assuming that this is from the Thursday/Friday tests. in which case my only question is: WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY THINKING?

From Wowhead: "To facilitate testing, players will be scaled up to 60 in the raid, and those who have not committed themselves to a Covenant can speak with Acquirer Ta’est inside Castle Nathria to temporarily bind themselves to one of the four factions. It looks like there is no temporary access to legendaries and soulbinds for now."

so basically, the morons who ran that site chose to base dps rankings when the players have zero legendaries or soulbinds. how premature do they want to be?

Balancing changes after what exactly?
    After end of beta?
    After the first 2 weeks after expansion start?
    After heroic week?
    After enough data but before the "community is used to the OP-class stacking meta"?

If you think for a second after legion and bfa that the current or any similar shitshow in balancing is not what we get the first few months or the whole first raid tier, you did not played much in the last 2 expansions.

First they dont do anything to the buttom outliers (NOT ENOUGH DATA), when data is enough (reroll wave, meta class stacking everywhere) its "to late" for balancing changes.

LEGION + BFA rewarded FOTM rerollers for close the full expansion, if you pay attention now and maybe the first weeks of the expansion and you dont really like the game or a class or a spec and you play so bad that you need all additional gains to get into harder gaming modes, the solution that worked out pretty well is just reroll to this or any similar looking "not yet balanced" top performers, you wont get punished for it by blizzard.

The only thing that forced a small nerf/changes was MDI after months of public shaming of the game balance in the streamed class stacking shitshow. Raiding, 100.000 of stupid logs data that could not be missunderstood did nothing and MDI or mythic+ is now back to beeing a mini-game or killed off in shadowlands, so there is not even hope left for some MDI driven balancing miracle at some point in shadowlands.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-08-15 at 09:49 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    This chart right now is about as useful as wet toilet paper and I am glad that most replies in here so far seems to be from non retarded players that understands that.
    I can wipe my a$$ with wet toilet paper, this chart however is worthless.

Thanks for wasting everyone's time OP.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "We totally able to balance the shit, guys. Believe us!"(c) Blizzard

Good work OP. Bait MMO with meaningless rankings and watch the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Good work OP. Bait MMO with meaningless rankings and watch the show.
    people really think blizzard will balance this shit?

Hey... Will not BM be best dps spec anymore for hunters? :/

I rerolled main from DK to hunter in BFA and i have play BM all BFA, i haven't tried the other hunter specs. So gonna be a bit of a challenge in SL to learn a new specc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    people really think blizzard will balance this shit?
    Just like they balanced stacking corruptions.. ahahah