Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Built in Raider IO, plz Blizz.

Haven't been able to do anything without my guild for two days since a faction change because raiderio hasn't updated.

Make this in game feature.

This is a obvious troll.

Although i know you are trolling, i just want to comment to watch this thread turn into an absolute shit show. At least try to put SOME effort into your trolling. Your post history says a lot... *popcorn*

How many blizzard employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, its working as intended!

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Haven't been able to do anything without my guild for two days since a faction change because raiderio hasn't updated.

Don't worry, Blizz devs search the General Discussion forums in MMOC for input on how to improve the game. Give them 5-10 more minutes and maybe they patch it in!

10+ Year Old Account
    They should ban raider IO. Useless number that equates nothing. I wouldn't even run all the dungeons. BiS gear is from 2 or 3 dungeons. Why would anyone waste time doing all these dungeons 500 times? Toxic community only caring about a number next to your name.

just aggressively link people your armory and if they don't immediately invite you keep calling them lazy bums until they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thafuzz View Post
    They should ban raider IO. Useless number that equates nothing. I wouldn't even run all the dungeons. BiS gear is from 2 or 3 dungeons. Why would anyone waste time doing all these dungeons 500 times? Toxic community only caring about a number next to your name.
    Uh huh. Yeah. Because a tool that uses information already available on the Armory is the real problem. Yep, it's all Raider.IO's fault... not the toxic asshats who'd still look you up on the Armory and make the same callous observations even if Raider.IO didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Uh huh. Yeah. Because a tool that uses information already available on the Armory is the real problem. Yep, it's all Raider.IO's fault... not the toxic asshats who'd still look you up on the Armory and make the same callous observations even if Raider.IO didn't exist.
    It is 100% raider IO's fault for creating a high score game / meta out of that data.

The funny part is blizz enables these sites, occasionally even making api changes that seem tailored directly to them, but refuse to go all the way thus conveniently having a scapegoat for all the QQ they generate.

I do agree that that there should be better ways in-game to check player experience; With the way the game is designed right now i'm honestly astounded that the best Blizzard offers us is proving ground score. Lol.

I use raider.io to avoid people like you. Because you clearly only run M+ to get gear. I want to play with people who run M+ because they actually enjoys the content and enjoy progressing. So I use the information available at raider.io to find like-minded people and avoid players like you. And if raider.io was closed then another side would just open. Because it's not about raider.io, it's about information.

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    It is 100% raider IO's fault for creating a high score game / meta out of that data.
    People would still be using the same data to make choices about who to invite to their groups, R.IO simply collated the information into a score that's easier to understand at a glance. I really don't see the harm in what R.IO is doing because even in its absence players would still be toxic shitlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I use raider.io to avoid people like you. Because you clearly only run M+ to get gear. I want to play with people who run M+ because they actually enjoys the content and enjoy progressing. So I use the information available at raider.io to find like-minded people and avoid players like you. And if raider.io was closed then another side would just open. Because it's not about raider.io, it's about information.
    you don't need raider IO for that, that kinda happens on it's own once you 2-3 keys above the weekly box cap.

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    No it's not. The PLAYERS want a high score game. They want a ranking list just like you have a ranking list in games like CSGO. Raider.io just provides what the players want and if raider.io didn't do that then another website would just do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    you don't need raider IO for that, that kinda happens on it's own once you 2-3 keys above the weekly box cap.
    True. But even if I helped a friend with a +15 key I would still want to avoid players like that guy.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you actually enjoy it or are you just addicted to the game and you tell yourself that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post

Git gud or unsub without trying

Honestly I feel like armory should just display less information. Seeing achievements is fine, but excruciatingly detailed information about individual runs creates this problem.

Problem is, without another available metric, raider.io would still use whatever information is available and turn into a new gear score.

you don't need to use raider.io when you build your own m+ group.
    There is always a reason why addons and websites get popular. Back in the day you inspected people for their gear, enchants, spec etc. Then came gearscore which just made it easier to "check" people. Raider.io is the pinnacle and combined with exorsus it helped me a lot to build successful pugs for clearing hc in the first weeks and later kill some mythic bosses with pugs and doing m+ ofc. Wanna know why? Because people who just wanna leech a weekly chest, a boss or things like that will try everything to cheat their way into groups. Fake achievements, claiming they know the bosses/mechanics etc etc.

Why would I waste my time with people who barely know the dungeon if I am planning to boost my key 2-3 lvl? Why would I risk the hours it takes sometimes to build a mythic pug which actually kills more than 4 bosses by inviting random people who dont have xp, or good logs etc etc?

But yeah, you can open a group for mythic content and just ask people in the title "know tactics". Let's see how far this will get you and how many hours of
    your life you will be wasting.

The only thing blizzard ( and raider.io) should do, is just to make a list of completed dungeon in time and by level. You apply to a specific dungeon, the party leader check if you've completed it in time or what is your best key, and.. that's all.

No more number based on how much dungeon you run and crap like this. There are dungeon where I'm more efficient, that I've run countless time with high key level. Always a bummer to see me refused because " you don't have 2k5 score, even if you completed this specific dungeon in time several time "

It works for the raids, why it should not work with the dungeon ?
    Last edited by Engal; 2020-08-14 at 09:04 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not. The PLAYERS want a high score game. They want a ranking list just like you have a ranking list in games like CSGO. Raider.io just provides what the players want and if raider.io didn't do that then another website would just do it.

- - - Updated - - -

True. But even if I helped a friend with a +15 key I would still want to avoid players like that guy.
    yeaaahh no, they don´t. It is just a stupid trend that proves nothing but how much time some people have.

I used to play hours and even nearly do it pro, 10 years ago... today I do not have the time. My IO thing is low, yet I can play better than most high IO bums around asking you to have higher IO than they do.
    Blizzard should simply ban the whole thing all together, fuck it. Play the game...