Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    That...isn't...what I said. I didn't say that assigning a number is less information, I said we should be GIVEN less information. All we need is the information from the armory, assigning the number is where it gets into the territory of defaulting to someone with a 1900 score over someone with a 1880 score when in reality their performance for the same dungeon is likely negligible.
    This will be the third time I'm saying this but "assigning a number" will still happen in the absence of R.IO. As long as the Armory shows you what dungeons you complete, there will be a possibility for something like R.IO to exist. What you want is to change the way players think -- good fucking luck with that, bro. Let's go ahead and casually reverse two fucking decades of toxic player mentalities -- certainly removing R.IO will usher in a Renaissance of positive player attitudes the likes of which we've never seen before. No longer will we be shackled by arbitrary scores -- we will be free to deplete keys to our heart's content and the only tool we can combat bad attitudes will have been vanquished by the moral superiority of people who hate numbers for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This will be the third time I'm saying this but "assigning a number" will still happen in the absence of R.IO. As long as the Armory shows you what dungeons you complete, there will be a possibility for something like R.IO to exist. What you want is to change the way players think -- good fucking luck with that, bro. Let's go ahead and casually reverse two fucking decades of toxic player mentalities -- certainly removing R.IO will usher in a Renaissance of positive player attitudes the likes of which we've never seen before. No longer will we be shackled by arbitrary scores -- we will be free to deplete keys to our heart's content and the only tool we can combat bad attitudes will have been vanquished by the moral superiority of people who hate numbers for whatever reason.
    This is the thing.
    If RIO decided to not proceed with shadowlands and WoW didnt implement it. Do you really think those toxic people doing a +2 asking for 3k rio woul suddenly just happily agree to invite anyone?

I mean these are the people we agree are toxic right? The people who miisuse and misunderstand the system in favor of just being carried?
    Its their own choice ofcourse. And because thats the case we can never change it unless those people decide to change the way they behave. Which is unlikely.

Edit:
    I'm not talking at you here otaXephon i'm just using your argument in case it wasnt clear.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosbubba View Post
    Although i know you are trolling, i just want to comment to watch this thread turn into an absolute shit show. At least try to put SOME effort into your trolling. Your post history says a lot... *popcorn*
    Why would it be trolling?.. We already have a rated arena system, so why shouldn’t we have an in-game rated M+ system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This is the thing.
    If RIO decided to not proceed with shadowlands and WoW didnt implement it. Do you really think those toxic people doing a +2 asking for 3k rio woul suddenly just happily agree to invite anyone?

I mean these are the people we agree are toxic right? The people who miisuse and misunderstand the system in favor of just being carried?
    Its their own choice ofcourse. And because thats the case we can never change it unless those people decide to change the way they behave. Which is unlikely.

Edit:
    I'm not talking at you here otaXephon i'm just using your argument in case it wasnt clear.
    An those people asking for very high io scores for very low keys are an extreme minority. People make it sound like every person in the game are misusing rio but that is just not the case.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m very interested in hearing from the people that want rio gone, what they actually expect would happen if it was gone... do they think people would suddenly be instantly invited to all groups... do they think the ratio between tanks and dps would magically become more balanced...

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Any game that's competitive has a ladder and ratings. I find it strange that WoW didn't and still hasn't baked some form of r.io score into the game already. Arena has it. M+ should have it.
    I think they’re just not sure how to do it yet. That or its higher hanging fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    I think they’re just not sure how to do it yet. That or its higher hanging fruit.
    There was a leaderboard for CModes for the two expansions they existed. Nobody really used them because there was very little point in doing CModes once you got the cosmetic reward but it did exist. I highly doubt there's any technical limitation preventing Blizzard from putting this in. I believe Blizzard has gone on record a few times saying they'd like to implement something like R.IO at some point but that it's low on their list of priorities. (IIRC this was during the transition between S2 and S3 during BfA.) Seeing as R.IO has kind of grown to have its own community I also believe Blizzard is taking that into consideration before coming out with something of their own.

There was a leaderboard for CModes for the two expansions they existed. Nobody really used them because there was very little point in doing CModes once you got the cosmetic reward but it did exist. I highly doubt there's any technical limitation preventing Blizzard from putting this in. I believe Blizzard has gone on record a few times saying they'd like to implement something like R.IO at some point but that it's low on their list of priorities. (IIRC this was during the transition between S2 and S3 during BfA.) Seeing as R.IO has kind of grown to have its own community I also believe Blizzard is taking that into consideration before coming out with something of their own.
    You can argue there isn't a point in them doing so as well if someone else is doing it for free and likely in a more effective manner then they would.

I agree there should be an in game version, but not for some of the reasons i see in this thread.

There needs to be an in game leaderboard so that we can get some rewards for mythic plus.
    For many players +15 is the minimum, it's the level of keys we start at when the season comes out, so how come even cosmetic awards stop at that point.
    I do agree that +15 is fine as a maximum for gear, cause then it's obtainable by most players for the weekly and doesn't scale out of hand, however we need something to distinguish between people who do +15s and +20s with some rewards. Imagine if glad set was earned at 1400, that's pretty much what we have in mythic plus and you would get absolutely nothing better, even if you pushed 3100 rating, it's ridiculous.

And that is why we need an in game system, cause obviously blizzard can't give out rewards based on the rankings of a 3rd party site.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Built-in Raider.IO is the last thing wow needs.

WoW has already become less social and friendly. And it will kill any remaining social part and push this game dead.
    Yeah. People complains about the social aspect of the game yet wants tool that would segregate players.

i suspect some of the players do not see others as players, but merely tools to assist them to their personal goal. "Can you help me to get my +XX for the day? If so, great, if not, don't waste my time."

Some of the most enjoyable pugs runs I have been in the past with were with people that were "below the community" standard. We wipe several times and took longer than with a more proficient group. But want they lacked in skills they made up with civility. There were no complains, no blames. Just encourage and helpful hints on what to do and what not to do. At the end everyone congratulated each other.