30 lockouts per day and maintenance question

I did a search, couldn't find anything.
    If you finish up your 30 lockouts and get locked for the rest of the 24 hours and then server maintenance occurs, does that reset the daily 30 lockout? Thank you to anyone who knows and answers .

I think it's 10 lockouts per hour? On retail at least, not sure about Classic.

I should have specified classic :P. It's 5 per hour and 30 per 24 hour period. I hit that 30 pretty regularly lately and was just wondering.

The way they worded it resets wouldn't affect anything as it is a 24 hour cap. Though 30 instances/24 hours isn't a bad cap since that puts it around ~5 hours (6 due to 5/hr cap) if you take ~10 minutes for the dungeon itself. From what I remember of Vanilla WoW instances took about 30 minutes on average (gives leeway for quick group forming / quick run / etc) which puts it at 15 hours.

Out of curiosity what are you running/doing for 5 hours to hit the cap that couldn't be better spent on something else in game that might yield more / hr?

For me at the moment it's farming SGC. I know there are a lot of items in classic that are heavily farmed that others do as well, like HoJ, the Mara dagger, Manual Crowd Pummeler, etc. My runs are super quick, 5 in about 25 minutes, over the course of 24 hours hitting that 30 cap is very easy. Was hoping a little extra resets around maintenance was a thing :P.

Quote Originally Posted by chimrichalds View Post
    For me at the moment it's farming SGC. I know there are a lot of items in classic that are heavily farmed that others do as well, like HoJ, the Mara dagger, Manual Crowd Pummeler, etc. My runs are super quick, 5 in about 25 minutes, over the course of 24 hours hitting that 30 cap is very easy. Was hoping a little extra resets around maintenance was a thing :P.
    That's still essentially 6 hours (yes it may be 2hrs 30 minutes; but you still have to do it in a total of 6 hours) of playing which most people won't do. So that's why that particular number was used since it only affects bots that farm 24/7 and those who are "hardcore" enough to play a lot. I can see it being an issue throughout the weekend though. The only other thing is I'm not sure if that lockout is per toon or account (if it's account then that would suck a bit more).