Void veil in OG quel'thelas! (PTR)

Guys... have you seen this?

(i mean the void veil, the zone was here since vanilla)

That is the Quel'thelas landing area in the zone north of the eastern plaguelands (on the PTR).

The skybox changes as soon as you leave the settlement.

Something is going on here that is intentional. Now, if it's an easter egg or a dev troll, who knows?

What do you think? Void Elf settlement/city/staging grounds in the works?
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-15 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Guys... have you seen this?

That is the Quel'thelas landing area in the zone north of the eastern plaguelands (on the PTR).

The skybox changes as soon as you leave the settlement.

Something is going on here that is intentional. Now, if it's an easter egg or a dev troll, who knows?

What do you think? Void Elf settlement/city/staging grounds in the works?
    it could be the magic shield that protects quelthalas! that area in the lore always belonged to quelthalas according to the chronicles map! I hope that one day the forces of quelthalas will recover the area
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2020-08-15 at 01:45 AM.

It's been there for a long time, just in an area that you don't normally get to, as you are flying I can tell you are on the outside of it and can't pass through it. I've come across it before in my years of exploration.

I never noticed that in Legion. If anyone wants to pay my sub for 1 month i can go back and check it.

I want Quel'thalas to be updated one day, but realistically it won't be. BfA was the perfect opportunity to update Quel'thalas, and if I'm not mistaken there was even a lot of talk about a Quel'thalas warfront, but nothing happened. I have zero expectations.

That being said, i believe it was also datamined back in BfA alpha that that isle would actually serve as the void elf hub instead of Telogrus Rift, so it might be a leftover from that scrapped concept.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-08-15 at 04:39 PM.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands