Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yikes, imagine being a father and having a family to provide for and you're off spending an average weeks worth of pay on a mount in a dead MMo
    What if @InfiniteRetro is Jeff Bezos? 2000$ might be nothing for the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    You can sell only 10 tokens a month. So, better hurry.
    This is not correct. You can sell like 20 per week or something.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Well its your money to use how you see fit, but if you ask me its a total waste of money

Don’t do this unless 2k is absolutely nothing for you, so many better things to spend it on than a mount that really isn’t that good tbh lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    What if @InfiniteRetro is Jeff Bezos? 2000$ might be nothing for the guy
    You don't need to be the richest person in the world for $2000 to be completely disposable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i care, because he helps actively making my hobby suck, i do since 15 years.
    To be fair, you're doing the same thing if you're subbed right now.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    lol, thats maybe the best point for that investment and the best selling point of that idiotic mount.
    And parking it on top of mailboxes / important npcs to annoy people and have some form of "notice me senpai" complex.

But I'm pretty sure the decision to remove it from vendors was exactly to milk people like OP who don't have the gold but "must collect them all" or have severe case of fomo. I bet Bobby Kotick counts all the extra money flowing from the tokens especially after multiple ban waves targeted at illegal RMT - both buyers and sellers (like Gallywix recently).

It's price was set to drain money from the economy and function as a vain status symbol, something like 5000$ leather handbags. There's a difference between "I'm rich so I'm paying for extra quality, durability and utility" and "I'm rich and wanna flash it in the eyes of everyone around me".

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    You don't need to be the richest person in the world for $2000 to be completely disposable.
    And that was definitely not the point I was making. Try to read the context before you answer

Inb4 son downloads pvp hacks and bans all accounts on Bnet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    And that was definitely not the point I was making. Try to read the context before you answer
    I fail to see where a question was posed, thus I cannot answer.

I was reinforcing your point. No need to get snarky.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And parking it on top of mailboxes / important npcs to annoy people and have some form of "notice me senpai" complex.

But I'm pretty sure the decision to remove it from vendors was exactly to milk people like OP who don't have the gold but "must collect them all" or have severe case of fomo. I bet Bobby Kotick counts all the extra money flowing from the tokens especially after multiple ban waves targeted at illegal RMT - both buyers and sellers (like Gallywix recently).

It's price was set to drain money from the economy and function as a vain status symbol, something like 5000$ leather handbags. There's a difference between "I'm rich so I'm paying for extra quality, durability and utility" and "I'm rich and wanna flash it in the eyes of everyone around me".
    They haven't been concerned with draining the economy since they instituted RMT in-game.

Feels like this thread was made just to rile up some people, and judging from the infractions and bans it did its work. Good job to the OP.

Being very cheap myself I wouldn't even think of paying a penny for anything in-game. The last time I did was for a race change back in WotLK, which I actually didn't regret because I also really needed a name change.

Î've had a AH\BANK\MAILBOX setup in my WoD garrison for the past 5-6 years now, one quick HS away, so i see no purpose for this mount, even having more than enough gold for it. Also didn't purchase the 2M Spider, just feels like an absurd waste.

Power to whoever gets it, enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yikes, imagine being a father and having a family to provide for and you're off spending an average weeks worth of pay on a mount in a dead MMo
    You're just jealous...

You really needed attention that bad huh?
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Feels like this thread was made just to rile up some people, and judging from the infractions and bans it did its work. Good job to the OP.

Being very cheap myself I wouldn't even think of paying a penny for anything in-game. The last time I did was for a race change back in WotLK, which I actually didn't regret because I also really needed a name change.
    That's right. It's an all-out assault on people who don't want to spend money on frivolous things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    You really needed attention that bad huh?
    There are worse things he could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Dude...Learn to play the AH, jesus. That amount of money to spend on a gut damn mount is disgusting, when people (me included) have earned that gold in 1-3 months with AH play. Go on reddit wow economy, read up and learn.
    Just a FYI this method only really works if your server has a nice healthy population. On dead / low servers it will either take A) Massively a lot longer or B) won't happen. On my server that is stupid dead (even has about 5-6 connections) I am better off farming old dungeons and can make more that way than playing the AH even with following ideals from those economy guides.

Buying into exactly what blizzard wanted. Sheep.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just a FYI this method only really works if your server has a nice healthy population. On dead / low servers it will either take A) Massively a lot longer or B) won't happen. On my server that is stupid dead (even has about 5-6 connections) I am better off farming old dungeons and can make more that way than playing the AH even with following ideals from those economy guides.
    Thats when you move. I did that, and never regretted it. It sucks that it cost so much, but then you migrate only most important alts etc. Just move...Blizzard dont care about your dead server, sadly. PS Ravencrest EU alliance is amazing for gold.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thats when you move. I did that, and never regretted it. It sucks that it cost so much, but then you migrate only most important alts etc. Just move...Blizzard dont care about your dead server, sadly. PS Ravencrest EU alliance is amazing for gold.
    True that is an option, but I'm not paying to move several of my toons as I use them all weekly for the most part for various activities and things among other reasons. Also, I'd rather not give them extra money just to move period. With that said, my decision on which server I am shouldn't play such a heavy factor in how much gold one person can make. That's when there is a problem and needs to be looked into by Blizzard.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-08-15 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoldier06 View Post
    Arguably anyone still paying a sub is a sheep, so there's that.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoldier06 View Post
    And you're paying a sub, right? Everybody's a sheep under that logic.

Don't be so bitter. People can spend their money on whatever they want