Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    I bought the mount at the start of the expac, i regretted buying it about 0.5 seconds later.
    I almost bought it, but had the foresight to check it out on PTR before. The model is nice, AH is nice, but if you actually go anywhere with it and go over the slightest twig it jerks around. Go up stairs and it looks downright ridiculous. Major turn off.

Bought the spider though, camping the damn vendor while leveling. Logging into an Alt parked there every 20 minutes or so. I think the spider was well worth the price tag.

On topic: I'm pretty sure everyone has spent money on absolutely stupid shit, if you want to buy two long bois just do it.

As others said before: merging battle.net accounts so all wow-accounts are in one is only possible if both accounts are in the same name. But I really would advise against it. Your son will know your password. Your son will be able to log into your toons. Your son is getting older and might have some puberty induced differences with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Spend same amount of the latest iPhone instead and nobody care right?
    This is a good point. Spending these ridiculous amounts on iPhones are as frivolous to me as an in-game mount. Between the iPhone and a Brutosaur, I'd actually choose the Brutosaur. I mean, I wouldn't buy either but if I had to choose.

If you guys had spent all the years you've been on MMOC working and building your careers instead of playing these games, you wouldn't be so outraged at the thought of blowing $2000 on nothing.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Your money = your choice but... it is actually pretty sad that some wealthy people rather buy some ingame pixels instead help others around them that are in need.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you guys had spent all the years you've been on MMOC working and building your careers instead of playing these games, you wouldn't be so outraged at the thought of blowing $2000 on nothing.
    This is kind of unrelated to the topic. The general consensus is that it's OP's money and he can spend it however he wants if he wants to throw that kind of disposable income around. Likewise, it's the right of forum members to opine, comment, and discuss however they please as long as they adhere to forum rules. It's an open discussion, not an echo chamber. Questioning people's career choices is unnecessary mud flinging.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Questioning people's career choices is unnecessary mud flinging.
    Right, whereas half the thread bashing the OP for spending his money on these mounts is fair game, apparently.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Right, whereas half the thread bashing the OP for spending his money on these mounts is fair game, apparently.
    Didn't say that either. I can't moderate what others post, and if OP feels insulted, he can report any posts he feels is derailing his discussion. Seems he's been a good sport about it.

are you 15 or what?

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yikes, imagine being a father and having a family to provide for and you're off spending an average weeks worth of pay on a mount in a dead MMo
    Yikes, imagine crying about the way other people spend their money
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    are you 15 or what?
    No, just rolling my eyes at the money shaming going on here. Get a job guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yikes, imagine being a father and having a family to provide for and you're off spending an average weeks worth of pay on a mount in a dead MMo
    Yikes. Imagine being a jelly loser judging someone for how they spend extra cash that they're clearly not hurting for. Must be below that poverty line. Oof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    If anyone still believes Sylvanas is responsible, you've not been paying attention.

not to bust your bubble but you're going to get swindled for 2k USD.

Blizzard has 100% control over what this mount costs and when it's available (or not). They created artificial scarcity precisely to bait out money off players' wallets.
    There will be many players with 3-4 million gold just before prepatch, they will gladly buy tokens to fill the missing part and provide them loads of cash for nothing.

I have so many ways to access the AH that it's kinda silly to justify spending that much gold on access to it. AH is literally accessible 1 click and few seconds of flight away. Everybody can buy the stormwind/org teleport cape for example. And the mount itself? Meh, far too tall and impractical. Gets stuck on any door in the game. Doesn't fly.

It's nice to have 1 such mount in a raiding guild so you can buy something quick if you need.
    Still a simple 20k repair mount is 100 times more useful than AH mount.

I don't care what you spend your cash on. Go throw it into a river if you wish.

This thread has gone pretty off the rails and into territory that has nothing to do with WoW. Closing this.
    "HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." - Death, Hogfather