Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    why would they care about their game and content if they can just spam pixels and use outdated marketing schemes and people still spend money on it

b. just scammed this poor guy for 2k and he's happy KEKW

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    $2,000 for a mount? You're making me feel a lot better about spending $25 on a Funko Pop.
    IDK why anyone buys those things, they're dumb looking af.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    You don't need to be the richest person in the world for $2000 to be completely disposable.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, you're doing the same thing if you're subbed right now.
    to a degree i agree.

i am fine with just solely paying for my hobby, to pay for what i get. but i understand where you comin from: paying that guys that make money this way, supports them too. but not paying them means the end of my hobby. lets say this makes it equal.

my real problem is this: the difference to the past (when i commited to this as my hobby) is, that in the past i paid for what i get. now other pay for the fact that i get a low quality for what i pay, even when nothing changed with my sub money. in short: 10 years ago i paid 12 bugs and get what i expect. now i pay 12 bugs and get a more shittier version of it, because they can get a lot of money with ppl like OP too.

i know, times change, and „when you no longer be ok with what you get for your money, quit“ and all the obvious blah blah. but on the other side this is not what i committed myself to, when i choosed and invested thousands of hours (for collection, achievements, whatever) years ago. ofc, Blizz pisses on my investment and if i dont like actual game design, i can leave (thx for the asskick for being a loyal customer), but i have the right to rage about the fact, that this sucks for me, nonetheless.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-08-15 at 03:21 PM.

Do it if you're on EU, I wouldn't mind tokens being the slightest bit cheaper.

Absolutely retarded if you're on US

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    IDK why anyone buys those things, they're dumb looking af.
    The Brutosaur or the Funko Pops? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Imagine getting a virtual Mount instead of going to vacation with your dad.
    Imagine doing both

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    And you're paying a sub, right? Everybody's a sheep under that logic.

Don't be so bitter. People can spend their money on whatever they want
    yep, and ppl like the poster you quoted is raged about the fact, that ppl spending money for that shit, helps making the game worse (for what poster pays his sub). and you really wonder yourself that he is pissed by that fact ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And parking it on top of mailboxes / important npcs to annoy people and have some form of "notice me senpai" complex.

But I'm pretty sure the decision to remove it from vendors was exactly to milk people like OP who don't have the gold but "must collect them all" or have severe case of fomo. I bet Bobby Kotick counts all the extra money flowing from the tokens especially after multiple ban waves targeted at illegal RMT - both buyers and sellers (like Gallywix recently).

It's price was set to drain money from the economy and function as a vain status symbol, something like 5000$ leather handbags. There's a difference between "I'm rich so I'm paying for extra quality, durability and utility" and "I'm rich and wanna flash it in the eyes of everyone around me".
    the profit of smart cash grab systems is, what Bobby Kotick take his daily bath in.

and ppl wonder theirselfes why a poll (a few days ago on mmoc) if „Blizz today is just like another greedy fucked up company like EA“ or is „still cool“ ends in 90/10 % for fucked up company, after 400+ votes....
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-08-15 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    True that is an option, but I'm not paying to move several of my toons as I use them all weekly for the most part for various activities and things among other reasons. Also, I'd rather not give them extra money just to move period. With that said, my decision on which server I am shouldn't play such a heavy factor in how much gold one person can make. That's when there is a problem and needs to be looked into by Blizzard.
    I agree 100% - I feel like a lot of my years in wow was ruined because of being on dead server...Ive been here since classic, but my vanilla realm started dying in TBC...first ppl went hord side etc, then completely dead in cata. But thats when you pony up and say F*CK YOU BLIZZARD YOU CRUSTY C*NT, HERES YOUR BLOOD MONEY (...or something along those lines), and just get it overstod...I hated it, lost a few cool alts, but its for the better...I have 50 million reasons these days why Im happy about doing it, granted im also active AH player and by now pretty good at it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the smartest way to spend your money but it is your money so do with it what you wish. Just hope they don't come out with the same mount in the Blizzard store one day for $25.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Not the smartest way to spend your money but it is your money so do with it what you wish. Just hope they don't come out with the same mount in the Blizzard store one day for $25.
    I would laugh so hard while clicking the buy button. Doesn't even have to have the vendors, just the model itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it if we see the model used again as a mount. The Mammoth/Yak vendor mounts have alternate models available already, just a matter of time for the Brutosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    I worked out that if i were to farm from now until the pre-patch time (estimated around october) i may only be able to farm up 1 of the 2 mounts
    What's the second mount?

I think your out of time mate, prepatch will likely be mid next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker23 View Post
    What's the second mount?
    They've stated throughout the thread they were wanting to buy two brutosaurs. One for them, one for their son.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Imagine getting a virtual Mount instead of going to vacation with your dad.
    Spend same amount of the latest iPhone instead and nobody care right?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They've stated throughout the thread they were wanting to buy two brutosaurs. One for them, one for their son.
    That's not two mounts. That's just the same mount twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    I bought the mount at the start of the expac, i regretted buying it about 0.5 seconds later.
    I almost bought it, but had the foresight to check it out on PTR before. The model is nice, AH is nice, but if you actually go anywhere with it and go over the slightest twig it jerks around. Go up stairs and it looks downright ridiculous. Major turn off.

Bought the spider though, camping the damn vendor while leveling. Logging into an Alt parked there every 20 minutes or so. I think the spider was well worth the price tag.

On topic: I'm pretty sure everyone has spent money on absolutely stupid shit, if you want to buy two long bois just do it.

As others said before: merging battle.net accounts so all wow-accounts are in one is only possible if both accounts are in the same name. But I really would advise against it. Your son will know your password. Your son will be able to log into your toons. Your son is getting older and might have some puberty induced differences with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Spend same amount of the latest iPhone instead and nobody care right?
    This is a good point. Spending these ridiculous amounts on iPhones are as frivolous to me as an in-game mount. Between the iPhone and a Brutosaur, I'd actually choose the Brutosaur. I mean, I wouldn't buy either but if I had to choose.

If you guys had spent all the years you've been on MMOC working and building your careers instead of playing these games, you wouldn't be so outraged at the thought of blowing $2000 on nothing.

Your money = your choice but... it is actually pretty sad that some wealthy people rather buy some ingame pixels instead help others around them that are in need.