Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you guys had spent all the years you've been on MMOC working and building your careers instead of playing these games, you wouldn't be so outraged at the thought of blowing $2000 on nothing.
    This is kind of unrelated to the topic. The general consensus is that it's OP's money and he can spend it however he wants if he wants to throw that kind of disposable income around. Likewise, it's the right of forum members to opine, comment, and discuss however they please as long as they adhere to forum rules. It's an open discussion, not an echo chamber. Questioning people's career choices is unnecessary mud flinging.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Questioning people's career choices is unnecessary mud flinging.
    Right, whereas half the thread bashing the OP for spending his money on these mounts is fair game, apparently.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Right, whereas half the thread bashing the OP for spending his money on these mounts is fair game, apparently.
    Didn't say that either. I can't moderate what others post, and if OP feels insulted, he can report any posts he feels is derailing his discussion. Seems he's been a good sport about it.

If you guys had spent all the years you've been on MMOC working and building your careers instead of playing these games, you wouldn't be so outraged at the thought of blowing $2000 on nothing.
    are you 15 or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Yikes, imagine being a father and having a family to provide for and you're off spending an average weeks worth of pay on a mount in a dead MMo
    Yikes, imagine crying about the way other people spend their money
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    are you 15 or what?
    No, just rolling my eyes at the money shaming going on here. Get a job guys.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

not to bust your bubble but you're going to get swindled for 2k USD.

Blizzard has 100% control over what this mount costs and when it's available (or not). They created artificial scarcity precisely to bait out money off players' wallets.
    There will be many players with 3-4 million gold just before prepatch, they will gladly buy tokens to fill the missing part and provide them loads of cash for nothing.

I have so many ways to access the AH that it's kinda silly to justify spending that much gold on access to it. AH is literally accessible 1 click and few seconds of flight away. Everybody can buy the stormwind/org teleport cape for example. And the mount itself? Meh, far too tall and impractical. Gets stuck on any door in the game. Doesn't fly.

It's nice to have 1 such mount in a raiding guild so you can buy something quick if you need.
    Still a simple 20k repair mount is 100 times more useful than AH mount.

I don't care what you spend your cash on. Go throw it into a river if you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread has gone pretty off the rails and into territory that has nothing to do with WoW. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead