Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    So tried the ED273UR from costco was okayish, but text was blurry and didnt really enjoy the va panel, ended up taking it back and decided to upgrade the computer instead with a corsair 750w, Ryzen 3600, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard. Using my old case, ram which is only 2400 but will upgrade it later, already spent 566 on those 3, is that decent or no? Coming from intel i3 9100f
    You don't need an X570 board for a 3600. You can save some money by going down to a b450 or b550.
    I'd also really suggest getting some faster RAM. Ryzen likes fast RAM with low CAS latency. Some 3600C16 is the standard

By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You don't need an X570 board for a 3600. You can save some money by going down to a b450 or b550.
    I'd also really suggest getting some faster RAM. Ryzen likes fast RAM with low CAS latency. Some 3600C16 is the standard
    I was thinking for future proof for the 4000 series so i wouldnt have to keep upgrading

- - - Updated - - -

and it would only come around $60 difference so not much to worry about, work is real close to the house so $20 gets me for 2 weeks. Still have 663 left

- - - Updated - - -

According to this, it'll be useful
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ry....464426.0.html

AMD's Robert Hallock has confirmed that the upcoming AMD Ryzen 4000 Zen 3 processors will be compatible with Socket AM4 as long as the motherboard features an X570 or B550 chipset. Zen 3 will not support older chipsets owing to lower space on the EEPROM of these motherboards. Future prospects of Socket AM4 depend on the industry's I/O innovation.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this too though so idk but its a beta bios so ehhhhhhhh
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-ca....466045.0.html

AMD has now clarified that it will enable owners of X470 and B550 chipset-based motherboards to upgrade to Zen 3. However, this upgrade would be an opt-in irreversible "Beta" BIOS upgrade that would remove compatibility with some of the older Ryzen processor in order to make space for new Ryzen 4000 Zen 3 Vermeer AGESA code.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading that makes me feel like taking it all back and waiting lol.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

The 65W TDP CPUs like the Ryzen 3600 run on every 60$ mainboard that is able to support it. For the budget cut with the mainboard you could have bought 3600MHz RAM. Its not a big deal and only hurts if you have a low budget for your build.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    The 65W TDP CPUs like the Ryzen 3600 run on every 60$ mainboard that is able to support it. For the budget cut with the mainboard you could have bought 3600MHz RAM. Its not a big deal and only hurts if you have a low budget for your build.
    Coming from a i3 9100f and 2400 ram, will I see a difference?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Coming from a i3 9100f and 2400 ram, will I see a difference?
    I did the switch from 9 year old 2700k@5Ghz (32GB DDR3 - SSD GTX980) to 3800x (32GB-3600MHz RAM NVME RTX2070S) and WoW FPS gone up by 40-50%.
    Single core performance with the 3800+fast RAMs is around factor 2 and a bit less.

A propper mid range 9+ years PC is not that much slower, you wont see anything in everyday tasks and gaming might be just better with higher lowFPS where your old system might lag a bit from time to time.

I had to upgrade and went with a very silent build, because the AMD + NVIDIA offerings run with relative low wattage. The silence difference is the biggest thing I recognise to be honest.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3