Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    and pre-ordering it? Nah mate, all i will save is $10 k lol
    All the prices are pulled by partpicker. Just order from Amazon)
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    All the prices are pulled by partpicker. Just order from Amazon)
    Amazons is jacked, asking 330 for it before tax, newegg is cheaper at that point for 279.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    My only advice is to do your best to avoid USPS for shipping unless you don’t mind extended delays. Medications that usually take 3 days are taking over a week to show up. I would imagine pc parts take lower priority.
    USPS shouldn't really have any way of knowing what is in the packages they're shipping unless it requires specific instructions (like being refrigerated or something), so it's possible that they're just in general over capacity at the moment.
    Or maybe they're just prioritizing things that make them the most money. You'd have to ask a logistics manager at USPS and I don't know any.

OP, what games do you actually play.

Higher frame rates are defo nice but 144 Hz is hard to achieve on that hardware but will depend on the game.

If you play mainly shooters or games at a high level, then a high refresh screen is the way to go.

If you mainly play wow, then a bigger screen with a quality display even at 60- 75 hz will be an upgrade, I will always say games like WoW and mmos really lend them selves lots more to a bigger screen then a 144 hz, by bigger screen I mean 32 inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    If you have the space?? Is that really the question to ask lol Is there even hardware available right now to drive those that wont be a terrible experience?
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say, I have 3x 27" 4k monitors atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    I'm not sure what you are trying to say, I have 3x 27" 4k monitors atm.
    so you're implying that you get acceptable frame rates across 3 4k monitors? Sounds like some good drugs you have three

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    so you're implying that you get acceptable frame rates across 3 4k monitors? Sounds like some good drugs you have three
    I mean I get 60+ fps from each monitor, so yes?

I use them individually, 1 for gaming, 1 for browsing and 1 for strats.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post

3 x MSI AG32C Monitors
    Nice setup!

Also a huge fan of the MSI monitors. I picked up the G24C when it was on sale over Christmas and I've never been happier!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything that's new and on a legacy socket is not a good combo.
    There really is nothing "not good" about the 9700k... especially if he can get a deal on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    /img

3 x MSI AG32C Monitors
    Wait... those monitors are 32" but only do 1080p? D:

Noooooooooooooo...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    There really is nothing "not good" about the 9700k... especially if he can get a deal on it.
    It's useless. OC'd 10600KF is cheaper and better.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    I mean I get 60+ fps from each monitor, so yes?

I use them individually, 1 for gaming, 1 for browsing and 1 for strats.
    LOL... Id rather get a 1440p 144hz super ultrawide, and use an ontopreplica or deskpins app if i want to watch videos or browse while gaming. I think its way more flexible that way. 3x 4k monitor is just not possible for surround gaming if i want to play games with an extended field of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    LOL... Id rather get a 1440p 144hz super ultrawide, and use an ontopreplica or deskpins app if i want to watch videos or browse while gaming. I think its way more flexible that way. 3x 4k monitor is just not possible for surround gaming if i want to play games with an extended field of view.
    I guess that the difference between us, I have the monitors for convenience not necessarily all gaming, but can still game on whichever one I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's useless. OC'd 10600KF is cheaper and better.
    Yes, but in the case of someone already having a 9700K, it isn't worth upgrading it.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yes, but in the case of someone already having a 9700K, it isn't worth upgrading it.
    He doesnt. He was looking into getting a combo with a mobo.

10+ Year Old Account
    He doesnt. He was looking into getting a combo with a mobo.
    Roger that.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by fakhar50 View Post
    144hz gaming monitor is a perfect choice or not
    Depends. You need to have your system put out a sufficient FPS for it to have any effect. You also the game to be optimized sufficiently enough to be able to run at that FPS. Mostly the multiplayer FPS games are usually optimized for high FPS. If you play those or some other games that you're use will be able to run at that FPS then sure. Otherwise there's resolution and panel quality at your disposal to enhance your gaming experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    So tried the ED273UR from costco was okayish, but text was blurry and didnt really enjoy the va panel, ended up taking it back and decided to upgrade the computer instead with a corsair 750w, Ryzen 3600, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard. Using my old case, ram which is only 2400 but will upgrade it later, already spent 566 on those 3, is that decent or no? Coming from intel i3 9100f
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    So tried the ED273UR from costco was okayish, but text was blurry and didnt really enjoy the va panel, ended up taking it back and decided to upgrade the computer instead with a corsair 750w, Ryzen 3600, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard. Using my old case, ram which is only 2400 but will upgrade it later, already spent 566 on those 3, is that decent or no? Coming from intel i3 9100f
    You don't need an X570 board for a 3600. You can save some money by going down to a b450 or b550.
    I'd also really suggest getting some faster RAM. Ryzen likes fast RAM with low CAS latency. Some 3600C16 is the standard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You don't need an X570 board for a 3600. You can save some money by going down to a b450 or b550.
    I'd also really suggest getting some faster RAM. Ryzen likes fast RAM with low CAS latency. Some 3600C16 is the standard
    I was thinking for future proof for the 4000 series so i wouldnt have to keep upgrading

- - - Updated - - -

and it would only come around $60 difference so not much to worry about, work is real close to the house so $20 gets me for 2 weeks. Still have 663 left

- - - Updated - - -

According to this, it'll be useful
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ry....464426.0.html

AMD's Robert Hallock has confirmed that the upcoming AMD Ryzen 4000 Zen 3 processors will be compatible with Socket AM4 as long as the motherboard features an X570 or B550 chipset. Zen 3 will not support older chipsets owing to lower space on the EEPROM of these motherboards. Future prospects of Socket AM4 depend on the industry's I/O innovation.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this too though so idk but its a beta bios so ehhhhhhhh
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-ca....466045.0.html

AMD has now clarified that it will enable owners of X470 and B550 chipset-based motherboards to upgrade to Zen 3. However, this upgrade would be an opt-in irreversible "Beta" BIOS upgrade that would remove compatibility with some of the older Ryzen processor in order to make space for new Ryzen 4000 Zen 3 Vermeer AGESA code.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading that makes me feel like taking it all back and waiting lol.