Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Raspberry Lemon's Avatar

stupid companies & people, how do you deal with it?

so the local grocery store here is open from early morning to late evening... it used to be very few people in the evening... then they said that people should try to go in the late evening to avoid crowding... only now the late evening is crowded due to what they said... what the fuck... what did they think would happen with how people think? now the store is always crowded except right after they open in the early morning due to these people being so stupid "hey, they said it's not crowded in the late evening so let's go make it crowded" wtf...

then in the store you have people standing right next to people despite all signs saying to keep distance... 1.5m at least... then they act offended when you tell them to keep distance... why the fuck? there is even marking on the floor to show the distance you should keep... yet staff is doing nothing to make sure it's enforced...

people touching every fruit with their bare hands... what the fuck... then you have old people who just cover their mouth to cough and then they go and touch everything...

how do you deal with these people without going insane?

Welcome to the society? It sounds like it's all completely new to you, and you're being overwhelmed by it. You'll get used to it in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Welcome to the society? It sounds like it's all completely new to you, and you're being overwhelmed by it. You'll get used to it in time.
    Pretty much this. You have to learn one thing. There are people who really couldn't give less fuck about anything. And I mean anything. They're ignorant. They're dumb and make dumb decisions. They don't think ahead and very often their reactions are based on impulse rather than reason.

Now, consider one more thing. It's exactly these people who fail to understand in what kind of situation they're in. They lack the depth to know what they don't know. This makes them think they're in the right and not you. They think you are the idiot.

Unfortunately for all of us, they're representing the a large part of society. On the bright side of things, it makes encounters with thoughtful people all so much more enjoyable.

This might sound cynical or downright evil as if I was making sweeping statements about half of living mankind. But there is even a name for this phenomenon, the Dunning-Kruger effect.

You have to adjust your level of sensibility. You can't change them so it's better to tone down a little bit your expectations of civility and respect from the others.
    Last edited by jamescl; 2020-08-28 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    I mean if you're young and healthy and are mainly only around other young and healthy people like I am then you barely even need to be worried... I always wear a mask in stores but about one/third of the people I've passed in stores have not wore masks in the last 5 months and get a bit too close in line. It never really bothered me. /shrug
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-08-16 at 12:27 AM.
    -------
    A problem consists of a conflict between two ideas. Problems are soluble.
    Fallacies: Ad hominem, Generalizing history to predetermine the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    By controlling the things I can control. I don't go out unless I have to. When I do go out...I always wear a mask. If a store is crowded...I don't go in.

Global Pandemic or not...there will always be stupid people in the world that you may have to interact with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I mean if you're young and healthy and are mainly only around other young and healthy people like I am then you barely even need to be worried...g
    People need to stop spreading this lie.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...avirus/608794/

The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Welcome to realizing that the last idiot has not been born yet and never will be.

Nice blog.
    Wall of LOLs

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm not opposed to incest

Yeah, someone told me to fuck off a couple days ago cause I said "a little distance please".

Can't fix stupidity. About the best you can do is point it out, but even then gotta do it creatively or can get yourself in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post

No duh, young people are not immune, what I meant is the overall probability of being one of the people who experiences major damage. I'm not saying scoff it off I'm saying don't be paranoid to the point that you de-humanize your fellow man just because they don't have the exact same level of fear about social distancing and protocol.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-08-16 at 03:37 AM.
    -------

Indeed. Even if you catch Covid-19 and are cured of it, it can still leave you with more-or-less permanent damage to your brain or lungs, even when the symptoms have otherwise been mild. And let's be honest here, these people have precious little brain function to work with, so they ought to be extra careful with what they have.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-08-16 at 01:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Money laundering, especially prior to his election? I couldn't give a flying fuck.

No duh, young people are not immune, what I meant is the overall probability of being one of the people who experiences permanent damage. I'm not saying scoff it off I'm saying don't be paranoid to the point that you de-humanize your fellow man just because they don't have the exact same level of fear about social distancing and protocol.
    "You barely even need to worry about it" and "don't de-humanize your fellow man" are pretty far apart on the spectrum, dude.

Everyone needs to "worry about it"...regardless of who they are "mainly around".

yet staff is doing nothing to make sure it's enforced...
    most staff are going to be told not to say or confront any customers on stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    most staff are going to be told not to say or confront any customers on stuff like this.
    Even if they aren't...most staff aren't getting paid enough to actively do anything about customers like that.

Shop near me has a sign on the door the size of a postcard saying something like "Feel free to wear a face mask". It's not enforced but luckily most people around here are considerate and do wear one and keep distance.

The workers ignore the few who don't wear a mask but they will chase and grab the occasional shoplifter who doesn't want to pay for his bottle of wine, all the way down the street , doesn't matter how big they are.

"You barely even need to worry about it" and "don't de-humanize your fellow man" are pretty far apart on the spectrum, dude.

Everyone needs to "worry about it"...regardless of who they are "mainly around".
    Okay well I follow all the guidelines but I try not to be hostile and alienate other people.

As far as age I thought I read that the overwhelming majority of serious cases were in the oldest half of the population but of course that's meaningless if you happen to be among the young people who is particularly vulnerable to Covid.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-08-16 at 05:38 AM.
    -------

No duh, young people are not immune, what I meant is the overall probability of being one of the people who experiences major damage. I'm not saying scoff it off I'm saying don't be paranoid to the point that you de-humanize your fellow man just because they don't have the exact same level of fear about social distancing and protocol.
    You can still be a carrier transmitting to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    You can still be a carrier transmitting to others.
    Indeed that's what makes a lot of viruses so insidious, they maximize their genetic replication by not being too effective and too deadly to every host. Now we have to be suspicious of every single person even though the vast majority don't have it.
    -------

Sounds like everything you just said is easily fixed by this one change: don't go there.

It's hard from me to discern whether you are angry that you can't shop "properly" or in a manner you deem safe by everybody else going to the store at the same time - which you could easily avoid by not going at that particular time - or if you are angry at the fact people are simply doing all of this.

In which, both cases, no longer effect you when you choose not to go there.

So yeah, you ask "how do you deal with these people without going insane?" to which I respond with, "I don't deal with them" and neither should you. Problem fixed.