Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hummingbirds are coolest.
    Government Affiliated Snark

The kind that shuts the fuck up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He is very regal looking.
    Yeah, there's just something about them that really appeals to me. Really makes one realize why predatory birds are called "raptors".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Hummingbirds are coolest.
    https://youtu.be/YAer4rDnA6I
    Awww, lil bumblebees

This superb little dude:

Peregrine Falcon.

From wiki:

... the highest measured speed of a peregrine falcon is 389 km/h (242 mph).

...According to one study, it has the fastest visual processing speed of any animal tested so far, and can register discrete changes up to 129 Hz or cycles per second. Analogically, film is a series of still images projected onto a screen. Those still images need to be changing at roughly 24 frames per second before humans see them as fluid and no longer as individual, discrete pictures. The film would have to be refreshing at 129 frames per second before peregrine falcons stopped seeing flashing, still images and started seeing fluid motion.

Not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what happened, but i thought that i had posted a picture of a bird before in the forum, but i can't find it... AHAH got you damn picture.

Chicken, tastes amazing

7+ Year Old Account
    Becky. Now if she'll just let me smash. But she wants Ben. Ben is a ho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This guy
    Dogs can do it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    These majestic motherfuckers.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This guy
    Lol!! That's hilarious!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Hands down falcons, the glare is just badass.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The kind that shuts the fuck up in the morning.
    Lol!! Late sleeper? My alarm clock has one setting where you can wake up to birds singing.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol!! Late sleeper? My alarm clock has one setting where you can wake up to birds singing.
    People who go to bed early are quitters.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Peregrine Falcon.

From wiki:

... the highest measured speed of a peregrine falcon is 389 km/h (242 mph).

...According to one study, it has the fastest visual processing speed of any animal tested so far, and can register discrete changes up to 129 Hz or cycles per second. Analogically, film is a series of still images projected onto a screen. Those still images need to be changing at roughly 24 frames per second before humans see them as fluid and no longer as individual, discrete pictures. The film would have to be refreshing at 129 frames per second before peregrine falcons stopped seeing flashing, still images and started seeing fluid motion.

Not bad.
    love peregrine falcons. They're the mascot at the university I'm working on my bachelors degree at. Up in the city hall where it's at there's a Peregrine falcon that nests up in the clock tower every year. so they have a live camera feed up there during nesting season. So you can watch the eggs hatch and stuff. It's fun to watch.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So you can watch the eggs hatch and stuff. It's fun to watch.
    That's pretty damn cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I like flamingo. They are really cute

Well, the already mentioned lyrebird is awesome purely for its ability to mimic basically any sound it hears perfectly, but I'm going to go with the majestic Potoo. Now, if it doesn't feel observed, it looks a little dopey, up to outright scary.

But if you were ver close to one in the tropical forests of Central and South America, you'd probably never now. Because these creatures make Ninjas look like clowns in party hats.

They will sit perfectly still, even of you'd be standing right next to them. The way their eyelids are formed they can basically observe you through closed eyes. Only if you were to reach out to them they'd flee.

They also look kind of adorable. Their eyes reflect light like a cats, so the spanish conquistadores would call the forests haunted, because they'd see the reflections of the eyes, but when investigating, would find nothing.

Being related to frogmouths, they look hilarious when squaking. And their mating calls are outright scary. Imagine seeing ghostly eyes glwoing in the dark while camping, and hearing this throughout the night. Apperantly they produce a similar sound, only higher pitched, being described by some sounding like a terrified little girl screaming for her mom.

Yeah. I love these things.