Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Constantly switching spec/talents/trinkets is not fun?

I don't understand how anyone think it's fun to bring a stack of switch-any-talent-for-1min in their bag and between every single boss fight, they switch to the optimal talents for that boss. I have even seen people switch for trash mobs then back to boss talents. How is choosing a talent a choice, if you change them around every fight?

Same goes for Arenas. You see you meet a certain 3s matchup? Switch up those talents before the match starts. Always the perfect talents.

Always the perfect trinkets.

In BfA it's even worse with the azerite traits resepcing people do. Some are good at AoE, some are good at single target, some are good for PvP... And you keep them all switching all the time by respecing in the city, or, even worse, have bags full of them. Playing a Shaman, raid leaders demand I switch from Ele to Resto for certain bosses. Yes I want to be helpful but I chose Ele, not Resto. Noone asked me to switch from Resto to Ele on a certain boss in TBC. It was way too big of a hassle, and the gear would not fit at all either. And that was a good thing.

The right corruptions for every situation. The right essenses for every situation.

How is that fun?

The whole reason Classic WoW has increasingly more expensive respeccing costs is to explicitally discourage this. You are a PvE resto shaman, that's what you are. You don't shine in BGs, you don't shine in duels, you don't shine in solo world PvP. And people used to be OK with this. Yes I know people are so good at making gold now, that this respec barrier is nothing and people respec all the time anyway, but I personally think that is not fun. It's not interesting.

Even in WotLK with the dual spec introduction. People wanted to finally have 1 Resto spec and 1 maybe PvP Ele spec. But already back in WotLK, guilds wanted 2 differently focused PvE specs in both those spots.

Until we hit today, where mythic raiders gear out 5-6 characters just to make sure they can play the flavor of the month spec for every boss. Where people can't seem to enjoy playing a main and needs to "main 4 different characters". How about designing the game to make playing 1 character what's fun?

Blizzard try to bring a tiny bring-back of this kind of choice in Shadowlands Covenants. What do we see? People complaining like never before.

At what point do you realise you changing your talents and trinkets to the spreadsheet-perfect ones on every boss, and you see that other Ele shaman do the exact same thing, that you are just doing chores?

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I don't understand how anyone think it's fun to bring a stack of switch-any-talent-for-1min in their bag and between every single boss fight, they switch to the optimal talents for that boss. I have even seen people switch for trash mobs then back to boss talents. How is choosing a talent a choice, if you change them around every fight?

Same goes for Arenas. You see you meet a certain 3s matchup? Switch up those talents before the match starts. Always the perfect talents.

Always the perfect trinkets.

In BfA it's even worse with the azerite traits resepcing people do. Some are good at AoE, some are good at single target, some are good for PvP... And you keep them all switching all the time by respecing in the city, or, even worse, have bags full of them. Playing a Shaman, raid leaders demand I switch from Ele to Resto for certain bosses. Yes I want to be helpful but I chose Ele, not Resto. Noone asked me to switch from Resto to Ele on a certain boss in TBC. It was way too big of a hassle, and the gear would not fit at all either. And that was a good thing.

The right corruptions for every situation. The right essenses for every situation.

How is that fun?

The whole reason Classic WoW has increasingly more expensive respeccing costs is to explicitally discourage this. You are a PvE resto shaman, that's what you are. You don't shine in BGs, you don't shine in duels, you don't shine in solo world PvP. And people used to be OK with this. Yes I know people are so good at making gold now, that this respec barrier is nothing and people respec all the time anyway, but I personally think that is not fun. It's not interesting.

Even in WotLK with the dual spec introduction. People wanted to finally have 1 Resto spec and 1 maybe PvP Ele spec. But already back in WotLK, guilds wanted 2 differently focused PvE specs in both those spots.

Until we hit today, where mythic raiders gear out 5-6 characters just to make sure they can play the flavor of the month spec for every boss. Where people can't seem to enjoy playing a main and needs to "main 4 different characters". How about designing the game to make playing 1 character what's fun?

Blizzard try to bring a tiny bring-back of this kind of choice in Shadowlands Covenants. What do we see? People complaining like never before.

At what point do you realise you changing your talents and trinkets to the spreadsheet-perfect ones on every boss, and you see that other Ele shaman do the exact same thing, that you are just doing chores?
    of course people complain, i want to be able to try out different things without waiting a week for it!

I just play what i like most. I don't follow the "meta"

You're going to get a lot of crap for this but yes you are correct. What's worse is that since you can change everything all the time Blizzard have to design the content with that expectation in mind which creates meta builds and meta comps. It can only be broken by layers on top of layers of semi-permanent choices and very high class interdependancies.

Thats the great thing about the option to change at will you can do it if you want or dont if you dont want to. You sound like blizzard in that you are upset players arent playing how you think is best.

99,9% of the guilds aren’t on a level were you need to constantly switch specs or trinkets.

If you aren’t in a top notch cutting edge guild and someone forces you to do so I suggest you leave that guild. Because they have no clue what they are doing and that guild will fall apart.

If players themselves want to do it. Then let them play however they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Thats the great thing about the option to change at will you can do it if you want or dont if you dont want to. You sound like blizzard in that you are upset players arent playing how you think is best.
    Sounds to me like you could argue for flying mounts with the argument "If you don't like flying mounts, just use your ground mount LOL". Same logic.

Sounds to me like you could argue for flying mounts with the argument "If you don't like flying mounts, just use your ground mount LOL". Same logic.
    And if you dont like flying dont fly? Why do you have to drag everyone else to the ground because you dont like it?

And if you dont like flying dont fly? Why do you have to drag everyone else to the ground because you dont like it?
    Let me try to explain to you. The reason people will never decide to use a ground mount if they have the ability to use a flying mount is because it is 210% faster.

Let's imagine Blizzard added a vendor with free gear of all the latest Mythic items. Then someone complained that "why would I raid if I can just buy it from the vendor?". What if their response was "Thats the great thing about the option to change at will you can do it if you want or dont if you dont want to."?

10+ Year Old Account
    you're just being dense for the sake of being dense, the vast majority of your main post is you whining that you can't adapt to the current 'best' way of playing the game, back in wrath i would change my talents on multiple characters all the time depending on what i was doing at the time, and i was in a high end guild at that time which made it even more important, i also used a lot of alts at the time too and used them for what needed if my main wasn't required, the only things that have changed in 'modern' times is that it's gone from being something only the top end does to something a large portion of the raiding population now expects because of the trickle down effect, if you can't or won't change then stop whining about it and play how you want to play in an environment you enjoy, this entire post is a 'you problem' nothing more.

noone is dragging you down, your already on the ground by following the meta.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Last edited by Addiena; 2020-08-17 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    You're going to get a lot of crap for this but yes you are correct. What's worse is that since you can change everything all the time Blizzard have to design the content with that expectation in mind which creates meta builds and meta comps. It can only be broken by layers on top of layers of semi-permanent choices and very high class interdependancies.
    That isn't replacing meta. That's just a different meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're selfish, it's the exact same situation now. They don't want to switch and now they want everyone else to not be able to as well.
    They can't stick to a decision without Blizzard forcing them to. Lack of conviction and following up with what they preach. Hypocrites in 1 word.

I don't change gear or trinkets to boss fights

Some players like making the right choices to counter something. The game asks questions, and you have to figure out the right answer. Changing your setup is a part of the puzzle, and solving that puzzle is what they enjoy. That's not necessarily right or wrong, they just enjoy playing the game differently to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Let me try to explain to you. The reason people will never decide to use a ground mount if they have the ability to use a flying mount is because it is 210% faster.

Let's imagine Blizzard added a vendor with free gear of all the latest Mythic items. Then someone complained that "why would I raid if I can just buy it from the vendor?". What if their response was "Thats the great thing about the option to change at will you can do it if you want or dont if you dont want to."?
    At this point all you are doing is whining that the game isnt bending to your wants. At this point flying has been in the game for 13/15 years the game has existed and players have voted with their wallets that flying is something they want in the game. This magical grounded land is a utopian fantasy that authoritarians like you want to force on everyone because you cant handle freedom and just follow whatever the meta is and get upset.

I think it depends on if you want to solve a puzzle to have the best result or if you want to roll your face across a keyboard and pray things work out.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Some players like making the right choices to counter something. The game asks questions, and you have to figure out the right answer. Changing your setup is a part of the puzzle, and solving that puzzle is what they enjoy. That's not necessarily right or wrong, they just enjoy playing the game differently to you.
    I mean. I get what you are saying, but it is a mmorpg. Not a puzzle game. The rpg part of it is about character building. Now I don't think we can ever go back to harsher restrictions because the community just won't have it. The game is so old that everyone figures out how to play the best way and no choices/talents matter anymore because there is no real choice. Anything that gets in the way of that, respec costs and such, is reviled. It used to be that the understanding was that if you wanted to do the highest end content, you had to be willing to jump through hoops to play most optimally. By removing the barriers, they made it easier for high end players, but really rolled over people who had no intention of playing that way.

But like I said, the game and mentality behind the community has become so meta, you can't really change it back.

Blizzard would be better served by simply scrapping talents and creating static classes imo. Since that is what most high end players want anyway, even if they don't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldlock View Post
    I think it depends on if you want to solve a puzzle to have the best result or if you want to roll your face across a keyboard and pray things work out.
    actualy usualy it comes down to if you want to kill boss in 10minutes or in 9 minutes and 55seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    actualy usualy it comes down to if you want to kill boss in 10minutes or in 9 minutes and 55seconds...
    You don't raid very high up do ya lad?