Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What mod manager do players use now?

I haven't played in 3 years and apparently curse client doesn't exist? What is used now? If this is not the right forum for help I'm sorry.

twitch app, mostly, I believe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    I haven't played in 3 years and apparently curse client doesn't exist? What is used now? If this is not the right forum for help I'm sorry.
    curse was bought out by twitch company or w/e owns twitch.
    Want to try hearthstone
    CLick on my link for free pack and help me out same time
    https://battle.net/recruit/LVZ7B5PRZ...f-hs&s=HS&m=pc

I use https://github.com/AcidWeb/CurseBreaker, but it might not be everyone's cup of tea. I very recently heard about https://wowup.io/, but I haven't tried it yet. Twitch's app replaced Curse's app, and will soon be discontinued and replaced by Overwolf's app.

Quote Originally Posted by klaxce View Post
    and will soon be discontinued and replaced by Overwolf's app.
    Any idea when the transition to Overwolf is suppose to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Any idea when the transition to Overwolf is suppose to happen?
    sometime right around shadowlands release lol

Quote Originally Posted by klaxce View Post
    Twitch's app replaced Curse's app, and will soon be discontinued and replaced by Overwolf's app.
    Yes, Twitch's addon functionality will be discontinued, but Overwolf is bringing back the Curse Client. The client will share Overwolf's app resources, but they have mentioned that the Curse Client will be able to run by itself without Overwolf's app running.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Been using WoWMatrix since around WotLK or so. I can't vouch for how easy it is to find new addons with it as I've never used it, but I've been keeping all my currently installed addons up to date with it for a very, very long time. Very light weight and easy to use.

I started using cursebreaker a month ago or so. It's terrific. No adds, no installation fuck ups because it gets set to classic, etc...Really like it so far.

https://github.com/AcidWeb/CurseBreaker/releases

Chrome and Windows Explorer.

Twitch app is kind of annoying but works awesome. Huge library, mass update....easy mode.

I guess you can even watch streams in the client too if you're into that stuff.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

I have to toss out wowup.io since I am the dev. I love working on it and improving it so if you have any questions or issues feel free!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I would love to just go back to copy and pasting stuff but if you have more than 5 addons installed its so tedious, and I hate "your thing is out of date" messages from Details, BW etc, lol.
    Warlock (SL main)

https://wowup.io/ been using it for a week now, it's amazing and no more messing with the stupid twitch app or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    This is also enough for me, but instead of Chrome I use Firefox!

I prefer to keep number of my addons as low as possible anyway so I don't know how it would be with large number of them. I usually update stuff once old stops working or need update like dbm for next raid tier (mostly when it starts to QQ "i'm too old, I'm turning off until you update me!").

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    This is also enough for me, but instead of Chrome I use Firefox!

I prefer to keep number of my addons as low as possible anyway so I don't know how it would be with large number of them. I usually update stuff once old stops working or need update like dbm for next raid tier (mostly when it starts to QQ "i'm too old, I'm turning off until you update me!").
    I don't understand this way of thinking, you can just keep addons up to date without any effort by using some application to do so, it will make your WoW life so much easier. Is there a reason you don't want to change to an app to keep these things up to date? I'm sorry if this comes over as rude, I'm not trying to be. I'm just very curious since I know quite a few people who think like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhalial View Post
    I don't understand this way of thinking, you can just keep addons up to date without any effort by using some application to do so, it will make your WoW life so much easier. Is there a reason you don't want to change to an app to keep these things up to date? I'm sorry if this comes over as rude, I'm not trying to be. I'm just very curious since I know quite a few people who think like this.
    if you dont have 3 mill addons or crap like ElvUi Chrome & TotalCommander is the way to go.
    No need for extra crappy software like the twitch cancer thing....

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    if you dont have 3 mill addons or crap like ElvUi Chrome & TotalCommander is the way to go.
    No need for extra crappy software like the twitch cancer thing....
    I agree on the twitch app thing 100% but there's alternatives that aren't bloated or complicated or whatever. Some examples are mentioned in this thread and you'd find even more if you would google for it. So I'm still curious.

If you’re comfortable using the command line, I can’t recommend WOWA enough. Quick and easy to install using npm, and streamlined the whole process by letting me remove Tukui’s app as well - win win.

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    twitch app, mostly, I believe
    Yea resubbed last week, tried Twitch app - it fucking reloads addon list after every install meaning your sorting and scroll position gets reset. I don't know what I expected from app "made by gamers for gamers"....
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english