Thread: Arms vs Fury

Arms vs Fury

We get these threads each expac so i thought i would start it.

Who is shaping up to look good so far Arms or Fury.

I think Arms will be very slow out the gate loosing all the haste from BFA and being rage starved to easily but i suspect come the end of Shadowlands will be the more dominant spec.

I think both specs have cool covenant abilities.

Even as good as fury is, I have always enjoyed arms more. While it still looks good, I love the arms changes. The new mastery is better, big mortal strikes always was arms' thing, so as far as gameplay is concerned, i am looking forward to that.

In PvP, warrior is going to be a beast. Shattering throw , spell reflection, piercing howl, intervene will add so much desired utility and mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Even as good as fury is, I have always enjoyed arms more. While it still looks good, I love the arms changes. The new mastery is better, big mortal strikes always was arms' thing, so as far as gameplay is concerned, i am looking forward to that.

In PvP, warrior is going to be a beast. Shattering throw , spell reflection, piercing howl, intervene will add so much desired utility and mobility.
    Bro I can’t wait to pop some divine shields and ice blocks.

I’m looking forward to playing arms paired with the Kyrian spear. Seems like it’ll be good in pvp and pve situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    I’m looking forward to playing arms paired with the Kyrian spear. Seems like it’ll be good in pvp and pve situations.
    Condemn will probably be better for pvp. that 100%-80% won't be so short in pvp unlike bosses. Because people will heal back many times. Also Condemn gives survivability.

Tried fury on ptr today. I was just gonna try it out and ended up at not managing to stop whacking the dummy because it was so well paced. I got a bit surprised. Sure haste levels will go down in the start of SL but we will get Covenant abilities and stuff so it looks promising when it comes to rotation. Warrior toolkit looks solid too. Guess brushing off the dust on my boomkin and playing that together with my warrior will be higher up in priority in Shadowlands.

Well spear of bastian has been nerfed so that sucks

Looked at the pre-patch notes and can only wonder.... arms mastery states 9% extra damage from all warrior attacks as long as deep wounds is up on the target.... 9% base right? And any idea how arms mastery is scaling? (To those on beta ofc)

Fury for PvE/solo PvP. Arms for group PvP. End of story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    Condemn will probably be better for pvp. that 100%-80% won't be so short in pvp unlike bosses. Because people will heal back many times. Also Condemn gives survivability.
    Every high rated arms is saying kyrian will be the way to go for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    Looked at the pre-patch notes and can only wonder.... arms mastery states 9% extra damage from all warrior attacks as long as deep wounds is up on the target.... 9% base right? And any idea how arms mastery is scaling? (To those on beta ofc)
    On live I have 845 mastery which translates to 129 mastery on the PTR which is 22.1% (or +13.30%)
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

WARRIOR ITS A BEAST but will be nerfer like ever XD

Fury will be my preferred spec, I have a disdain for arms because its too slow for my ADHD brain to want to deal with all the time. Ive played it for this tier, but Im glad Im going back to fury for now in SL

Recently picked up warrior. Don't understand how people can play a spec that does mostly white damage; arms is as boring as it can get.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    This is absolutely false. While venthyr will do more dmg assuming 100% uptime, kyrian is better in utility, survivability, and short CD burst windows. Constant dmg isn't something arms lacks in PvP, so condemn adds little to it. IP is a way more rage efficient defensive than condemn is and doesn't require a target in melee range. Vial is huge vs setup comps and strong bleeds. Spear can also be used defensively, or to set up if needed.

Kyrian dumpsters Venthyr in PvP.

I'm arms right now and doing mythic dungeons. I'm doing like 3k dps on bosses. Condemn is 40% of my damage on bosses. I can at start of burst window get up to 7k+ dps and pull aggro
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."