Shadowlands Leveling Specc

Hey guys,

Would like to hear with what specc are you going to level in shadowlands and why.

Tks in advance

I am resto atm, and I have pretty offensive build for m+/horific nightmares, but I don't think I will run with that. I will probably be Feral.

It doesn't really matter unless you're aiming for server first, in which case you'd be informed enough to not ask such question.

Leveling has been dumbed down to the point you're able to progress in reasonably fast pace in any spec.

I'd honestly advise to just level up using the spec you're going to main anyway. Firstly, to have any starting gear at max level. Secondly, to get used to all the new (lower) values, stats, flow of the spec etc. 8.3 made most of the spec giga op, way more than other end tier patches did, and the difference is going to be significant. I'd rather get used to it leveling from 50 to 60 than to try to do it on 60, slowing up my progression during a time at which getting ahead of the curve is important.

Easiest specs to level are and will always be BM Hunter and Demonlogy Warlock. Other than that stealth rogues and feral druids are superior too.

For all we know, we will be able to go from 1 to 50 with just one "expansion" content, like BFA for new players. So it will be pretty fast and you're likely to smash everything you see by yourself without much of a problem, Elite or not, even as Restoration. So I don't think spec picking is much of a problem anyway. (Go feral though :P)

Rather safe than sorry : lvl up as bear. Might take a little longer but you wont die

I'm going to level as balance, but only because I'm decked out in mythic gear for it.
    Balance leveling feels nice at the start when you can still mass pull 4 to 8 mobs and starfall them down. Later it becomes awful because of the eclipse changes. You constantly do the painfully slow two cast windup on a single target, only for eclipse to run out while you're healing/moving to the next target.
    Depending on your gear, I'd recommend hitting feral up instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    I'm going to level as balance, but only because I'm decked out in mythic gear for it.
    Balance leveling feels nice at the start when you can still mass pull 4 to 8 mobs and starfall them down. Later it becomes awful because of the eclipse changes. You constantly do the painfully slow two cast windup on a single target, only for eclipse to run out while you're healing/moving to the next target.
    Depending on your gear, I'd recommend hitting feral up instead.
    My experience as well so far. I'm halfway through Ardenweald (57 lev), still in full mythic gear (still didn't replace a single thing) and masspulling with starfall is still somewhat viable, but I expect to fall off hard on 58 and further.

For areas where I just can't mass pull I just wrath + starsurge, completely disregarding dots, starfire and eclipses.