Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Serrated bone spike versus stealth

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...ted-bone-spike

This is basically an infinite duration bleed. Sounds amazing, right? I mean, put this on another rogue and he can never restealth.

Which seems pretty fun until you realize that you will also be on the receiving end of it, and now it's bullshit.

So am I missing something or is the only way to counter this the Kyrian covenant ability (every 5 minutes)? I haven't found any discussion about this, so I'm worried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/spel...ted-bone-spike

This is basically an infinite duration bleed. Sounds amazing, right? I mean, put this on another rogue and he can never restealth.

Which seems pretty fun until you realize that you will also be on the receiving end of it, and now it's bullshit.

So am I missing something or is the only way to counter this the Kyrian covenant ability (every 5 minutes)? I haven't found any discussion about this, so I'm worried.
    Warlocks have a similar talent with corruption, but it's only permament against PvE mobs, is it really permament against other players on the beta?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Warlocks have a similar talent with corruption, but it's only permament against PvE mobs, is it really permament against other players on the beta?
    I have no idea. I hope it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    This. There are a LOT of spells that have longer duration against PVE targets than PVP. There's no way Blizzard has a spell that lasts indefinitely against a player character.

There is a soulbind conduit called Cloaked In Shadows that you can use to get a shield for 10% of your health when entering stealth.

The second line reads like it's gone if the target reaches 100% health.
    I don't really think its infinite in pvp tho, but we'll see.

Not sure what it's classified as... do bleed removals like Stoneform get rid of it?

doubt it will be permanent in pvp,but its not like rogues never faced this,in cataclysm seal of vengance was undispelable,and wile it didnt last forever it was extremly hard for rogues to deal with it

I'm hoping this will work for PVP. I really want to be able to apply this to someone even though I know that I can also be a victim. Freud called my problem "the damn everything syndrome".
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2020-08-18 at 11:56 PM.

If it is currently permanent, it won't make it to live that way. If it somehow does, they'll hotfix it asap.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

it is permanent and it does a fuckload of damage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTnZ-Lyxas4&t=

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    it won't make it to live that way
    yeah I wish I had your confidence

It does get removed when healed to full.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordTakeo View Post
    It does get removed when healed to full.
    Blizz gave players an ability that’s usually reserved for a Dungeon/raid boss.

That’s pretty cool.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2020-09-11 at 11:32 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Blizz gave players an ability that’s usually reserved for a Dungeon/raid boss.

That’s pretty cool.
    If by "cool" you mean dumb af then yes

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    If by "cool" you mean dumb af then yes
    Yup, hope it tortures you endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by javic09 View Post
    There is a soulbind conduit called Cloaked In Shadows that you can use to get a shield for 10% of your health when entering stealth.
    Damn that sounds amazing.

Ability is currently bugged in pvp. Sometimes it drops off when the enemy leaves combat, then other times it doesn't.
    Most likely will just have a duration set for pvp , can't see this will make live as it is. DMG and duration wise in pvp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    The second line reads like it's gone if the target reaches 100% health.
    I don't really think its infinite in pvp tho, but we'll see.
    That reminded me that Marrowgar(?) In icc did bone spike, and its permanent unless you heal to max health! Thats probably the intention for this to mirror that

Quote Originally Posted by Azantrox View Post
    can't see this will make live as it is. DMG and duration wise in pvp.
    Haven't been playing this game very long if you think that. They could do it before it goes live but if most beta's have shown us anything they usually don't. Also there are a lot bigger problems that need fixing for shadowlands pvp than if a dot lasts forever which is a likely reason for it not to get done until later. But who knows knows it may just get nerfed for pve and that will be that unless they plan on just fixing the other covens rather than just nerfing the good one.