Thread: Jailer sucks

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Jailer sucks

Blizz makes me believe this dude is the main villain of the expansion?
    The animated series is not about him, intro cinematic is also not about him, He doesn't even have a name. This is the worst villain i have ever seen.

can't disagree with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    The animated series is not about him, intro cinematic is also not about him, He doesn't even have a name. This is the worst villain i have ever seen.
    His name is Zovaal I think, some of the debuffs you get in Torghast/the Maw mention 'Zovaal the Jailer'
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

It's still 50/50 on whether Betauser's waifu will either shank him and take his power or go full 'draenor is free'. Either way you're probably right to think he's not going to be driving the expansion.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Tell me again when we had a Lords of War talking about Archimonde, a Harbinger talking about Argus/Sargeras or a Warbringer being 100% centered around N'zoth (Azshara revolves around, but it's still an Azshara animated thing, we don't know the content of the Afterlives serie).

Same goes for the intro cinematic. Garrosh, Argus, Archimonde and N'zoth were not even mentioned in the opening cinematics. Didn't happen since Cataclysm in fact.

And he's called Zovaal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Tell me again when we had a Lords of War talking about Archimonde, a Harbinger talking about Argus/Sargeras or a Warbringer being 100% centered around N'zoth (Azshara revolves around, but it's still an Azshara animated thing, we don't know the content of the Afterlives serie).
    And all three were great final bosses that definitely weren't introduced in a rushed final patch. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    And all three were great final bosses that definitely weren't introduced in a rushed final patch. Yep.
    depends how you define great,archi and argus mecanicaly were awsome,personaly for me wod did rly good in the raiding department

So they should just give away everything before the game is even released? :P
    You CAN have a great antagonist, without building him up within the first hour of the game!

Not being in the spotlight is not the problem, the problem is what he has received in beta so far, it makes him a one brain-cell moron.

He sucks because Blizzard can't write good villains. His dialogue so far is as cliché as it can get for your typical villain. They didn't even finalise his model in the Shadowlands cinematic, he looks completely different in-game. I'm expecting him to bite the dust early and we will probably see more of Sylvanas.

Heavens... poeple... what do you want? Everything be reveiled in the beta and if possible in the first few quests after setting foot in Shadowlands? The first 9.0 has obviously only a secondary conenction to the jailor as we are trying to set foot in there. These whine threads are getting so old....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm expecting him to bite the dust early and we will probably see more of Sylvanas.
    He's the final boss.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He sucks because Blizzard can't write good villains. His dialogue so far is as cliché as it can get for your typical villain. They didn't even finalise his model in the Shadowlands cinematic, he looks completely different in-game. I'm expecting him to bite the dust early and we will probably see more of Sylvanas.
    Basically, but they write comic book level villains. The problem i find is Blizzard has a hard on for doing long cons now, so i wouldn't be expecting to find out what he is all about/backstory until around 9.3. Also teasers are normally like that, hell they just showed a shadow of Deathwings incomplete model and a quick concept art flash for their trailer. I think the Lich King was also a different model, plus the frozen throne as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He's the final boss.
    So was Grom. And then he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

Same goes for the intro cinematic. Garrosh, Argus, Archimonde and N'zoth were not even mentioned in the opening cinematics. Didn't happen since Cataclysm in fact.

And he's called Zovaal.
    To the first part: archi was already a well known character. Sure a endfight against guldan would have been better, yet it fits somewhat.
    We free guldan at the beginnig and he was more or less the last fighting force left. And his boss ist archi, which he summons.
    We already knew that we would fight the Legion in some major way and argus was more of a proxy of sargeras. WHO was the leader of the BL.
    I give you nzoth, but he top was already known + forced into bfa.
    So either there are already known or act as a proxy

To the second part:
    Only cata has the Endboss in its cover.
    (ICC was not the last raid, but arthas was the main BBEG)

Back to SL and the jailor, we know he is the endboss, See him in some quests but he is Like other say boring.
    Last edited by Zeejir; 2020-08-25 at 10:55 AM.

Classic: No main villain
    TBC: Illidan
    WOTLK: Lich King
    Cataclysm: Deathwing
    Pandaria: No main villain
    WoD: No main villain
    Legion: Sargeras
    BfA: No main villain
    Shadowlands: Jailer

Only TBC, WOTLK and Cata had good main villains who had been setup previously (in WC3). Sargeras was the end of the story started in WC3 which was good too.

Otherwise Blizzard doesn't really drive expansions with main villains. The main problem you seem to have is that the Jailer hasnt ever been introduced before???

But Sylvannas is BfA main villain!
    Sure, maybe for the Alliance but not for the Horde

...And Garrosh was defs the main villain for Pandaria!
    No, arguably the main villain was the 7 Sha's but those are internal villains

What about Guldan in Legion!
    Just a pawn. Not the main villain, although he was the focal point pre-patch which i suppose you think is superior?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So was Grom. And then he wasn't.
    Which is an exception.
    Not the rule.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He's the final boss.
    I would not be so sure. Blizz can say whatever, but from what I see so far In Beta it seems to be some sort of setup there brewing that's not quite clear cut.

Yes his aim seems to be somewhat clear from Beta play, but I still don't see what exactly Sylvanas truly want with him and there are snippets of Void/Light lurking around.

The naaru we rescue is not just some random thing there, even with Light invading Revendreth thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeejir View Post
    I give you nzoth, but he top was already known + forced into bfa.
    N'Zoth was already known but always "acting in the shadows". We've read his name already here and there, we knew he was behind Deathwing but most of N'zoth was playing in the shadows, really poorly to be honest (that's not great shadow play if everyone knows you're behind it...).
    We don't know how Shadowlands lore will unveil. But if Zovaal was behind a lot of things that already happened (through Sylvanas or through the helm of dominion or whatever), then why would he be a worse villain than N'Zoth ?

His name is Zovaal?
    He is certainly not going to be the main villain/enemy.

Blizzard usually picks good names for their main characters and Zovaal sounds like a bad brand of cheap toilet paper.
    Plus he also looks lame AF, i even forgot he was in the upcoming expansion until i read this thread.