Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Beta Keys for Shadowlands

Beta Keys for Shadowlands
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    It is now possible for you to obtain access to the Shadowlands Beta via limited-use “keys”.

We are providing some WoW community content creators with the ability to reward access to the Shadowlands Beta.

These Beta access rewards are not for sale or resale. Offers of Shadowlands Beta access for sale or auction are false, and should be reported to the entity where they’re listed.

Thank you!

How stupid on the part of Blizzard, since alpha, streaming and 'content creators' has priority, and now they give 'keys' to these content creators again?
    It was better to continue with the random form, than to see beta key sweepstakes on Twitch as if it were really content creation, not to mention that at worst they will find a sale to sell it in a legal way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Time to suck up to people on twitch I don't know and will forget immediately after they give me a key.
    next in twitch, "BETA Keys give ways, follow and sub our channel to..."

Pretty stupid doing it this way.

I'm already in Beta and see loads more people there. What Blizz need to do is not what they will do though. This giving keys to content creator thing is just hype building, which I get, but most content creators are bad. The only ones worth watching are Preach, HazelNutty and LeystTV. The others just come across disingenuous and power hungry. This gives them more power

10+ Year Old Account
    Explains how past expansions released in such terrible states.

why in gods name would blizz do this knowing fine well it will be abused by greedy money hungry twitch streamers who care little for blizz or wow,beyond me tbh.
    Last edited by natpick; 2020-08-19 at 04:31 PM. Reason: typo

Still not in beta...guess someone really hates me there

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    why it gods name would blizz do this knowing fine well it will be abused by greedy money hungry twitch streamers who care little for blizz or wow,beyond me tbh.
    it is common and rational to give priority to content creators in the beginning, after all it is propagating;
    But now, it is crazy to give keys to those same, better to continue giving randomly to the players, or even giving to those who bought the pre-sale would be a less stupid idea than giving beta keys to these people.

Joy now towelliee will be milking keys for the next few months....

Not a big deal, expansion launch is looking more and more likely to be October 20th and that is a good thing, at this point getting beta is kinda useless for most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, schmucks on Twitch get extra keys for their fanboys. Can they at least redistribute the invites they gave to all the rape enablers in Method?

This is an absolutely horrid idea. Streamers are either going to give keys to their fans that throw massive mounts of money at them or they'll say you don't have a chance of getting a key unless you subscribe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Shocker as company tries to market product.
    You seem to have absolutely no idea about marketing.

My god this is such a bad move and they will be sold for real money like twitch sub members only giveaway or ebay.

This just means the feedback gathering part of beta is mostly over and they are keeping it open purely for promotional purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    This just means the feedback gathering part of beta is mostly over and they are keeping it open purely for promotional purposes.
    they need the feedback to keep coming, which requires keeping concurrency up. not everybody who plays beta keeps playing beta forever.

This is just boosting jackass streamers, keys will be sold anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidance View Post
    next in twitch, "BETA Keys give ways, follow and sub our channel to..."
    A follow is fine; it's free.

They can't put limits on it though like (outside of region locks), "Have to have been following a month" or "You have to sub" because then it's advertising / selling the beta key, not giving it away, and that's a ToS violation.

That aside, the other person who commented is right. All this does is make it so people lurk in channels until a giveaway happens then 99.9% of the time never return to that person's channel.

Blizzard needs to just start pushing more beta out, not try and offer pittances for hype advertisement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dearest Hubby says, so how do I get that Beta you are playing. I made him read how to opt in. Less than an hour later he was in Beta!

I mean people are just going to sell keys...

I don't get why blizz just sells beta access and cut out the middle man.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get that the outrage mod doesn’t care about reality but welcome to 8 years ago people.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4PlPr44ClGg
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UhTWVuKxy44
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W75uyyz5dc8