Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming it will despawn when you insert the m+ key, just like the other pets do? It will be such a pain to conduct the ritual, (b)rez someone, and rebuff him within those few seconds between the key insert and the start of m+ dung.

Slap in an achievement to be the "lucky" one to be sacrificed during the ritual then some people will stop complaining.

For what purpose?

Bringing back fun meme abilities that serve no purpose is fine, bringing back fun meme abilities and selling them as a feature of the expansion is not fine and it's especially not fine to bring back fun meme abilities when demo is in its current state.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

If it ends up being a non trivial DPS increase that also mean that they will likely have to tune warlock with Doomguard in mind.
    "Lets nerf Warlocks by 5% across the board, but hey you get that 5% increase back and another 2% on top of that every 60 mins!"

Cool I guess? I mean its mega useless but its a nice flavour thing to have I suppose.

15+ Year Old Account
    It should be like the inner demons talent but casts a "doomguard" guardian for those who participate in the ritual. Instead of death it has a rotating buff/debuff. There really is little reason to use it when it kills a person, lasts 15 mins, can break free and attack you, and has a 1 hour cool down.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It can be a cool thing and I really hope no one seriously gives a shit about a 1 hour CD affecting "progression". Like dear god, can we have some fun stuff in a video game? Imo its not even an issue if one of the top 3 guilds sets up a perfect try with 1 hour CDs to beat a certain boss. And obviously it should be entirely disregarded for DPS balancing purposes since the CD is so long, which Blizzard will know as well.

In terms of what it does: It should be a fairly strong CD otherwise its meaningless, I honestly believe it should be a Pitlord in 2020 since doomguard isn't quite as impressive in terms of power nowadays. It should kill every participant except the lock, hit like a truck (like around 40% of your dps) and be up for about 2 minutes, with a chance of it breaking free after 90 seconds and being uncontrollable after that and rampaging for the remaining duration.

I hope they will not give me lower numbers overall because once per hour I can do this dumb shit and get big dmg bonus :<

"You thought being no dmg wet noodle outside of your 3 minutes cooldown was not fun? Boy oh boy here we go with "mEaNiNgFuL cHoIcE cLaSs fAnTaSy" for you with 1 hour cooldown and dumbfuck activating process for it! Enjoy your "RpG fLaVoUr".

Fuck this shit.

Just make it work only in the open world, casuals will have their fun and no actual gameplay will be affected by this dumb shit, totally fine with that.
    Last edited by Pury; 2020-08-20 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pury View Post
    I hope they will not give me lower numbers overall because once per hour I can do this dumb shit and get big dmg bonus :<

"You thought being no dmg wet noodle outside of your 3 minutes cooldown was not fun? Boy oh boy here we go with "mEaNiNgFuL cHoIcE cLaSs fAnTaSy" for you with 1 hour cooldown and dumbfuck activating process for it! Enjoy your "RpG fLaVoUr".

Fuck this shit.

Just make it work only in the open world, casuals will have their fun and no actual gameplay will be affected by this dumb shit, totally fine with that.
    I think people are exaggerating this "problem", Blizz usually doesn't take weird stuff like this into consideration when tuning the rest of the toolkit. They've said as much.

Lovely! Great to have it back. While you're cleaning out the shedd, Blizzard, see if you can find Divine Intervention somewhere. I really miss that one!
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Its a fun ability, but as always the amount of toxic ppl on this site bashing it is insane.. my god no wonder many forums are way less active these days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    I'm assuming it will despawn when you insert the m+ key, just like the other pets do? It will be such a pain to conduct the ritual, (b)rez someone, and rebuff him within those few seconds between the key insert and the start of m+ dung.
    Oh, and one more thing in addition to the above. The ritual will probably increase the m+ death count by one? Seems like a horrible skill...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Lovely! Great to have it back. While you're cleaning out the shedd, Blizzard, see if you can find Divine Intervention somewhere. I really miss that one!
    It was tons of fun to troll fellow raid members with, that's for sure, lol.

It's a fun spell...I could see my guild doing some gambling Russian roulette style with this during raid breaks...super excited
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Scrap this, get rid of the 1 UA limit
    theres a pvp talent that fixes that, perhaps they could have just made it a regular talent though.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Yea, not a fan of this.

Lets say you have 3 locks in for your raid which is pretty normal. Now you gotta summon 3 doomguards, kill 3 ppl and res them. And 3 doomguards possibly turning hostile at any time during a progression boss.
    3 doomguards turning hostile after 5 minutes. But... Blood and Frost DKs managed to control their mega-undeads in Kings Rest, maybe could get some pointers from those guys if you don't remember how to keep up with your enslaved critters.

We finally get an old spell, extremely flavorful for warlocks, and people complain...? The ritual was mostly ment to be a fun spell, fun which is something heavily pruned from this class and now people are complaining when we got a fun spell back...
    It was never used as some uber super offensive spell, it is on a 1 hour cd now so nobody is pointing with a gun to your face forcing to use it every pull.

I really hope blizzard does not cave into whiners about this spell and keeps it as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    theres a pvp talent that fixes that, perhaps they could have just made it a regular talent though.
    Cant use a pvp talent in pve. Shouldn't exist at all. They say because its too hard to keep dots up on more than 3 targets with singularity and SL. If you are cleaving more than 3 targets you most likely wont be specced into SL and PS is a a CD so both their reason are dumb.Plus UA is 20 seconds long now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ritual of Doom would be ok as a flavor spell, but ONLY if it DOES NOT work in m+ and raids. It needs to be DISABLED in all competitive group content (m+/raids), then it'd be fine.
    Last edited by Uzkin; 2020-08-24 at 08:08 AM.