Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

I want a Dual Wielding Unholy Death knight

Damn, I like dual wielding and since Frost is getting back two handed spec, can Unholy get a dual wielding one ?

I think they should, unholy when it came out was pretty much only dualwield. It feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Damn, I like dual wielding and since Frost is getting back two handed spec, can Unholy get a dual wielding one ?
    blasphemous! you are asking for too much fun in the game created by blizzard. how dare you?

I think it always made more sense for unholy to be the dual wield spec, and for frost to be the 2h spec.

Frost's kit was always about crit, and crits just fit better with big punchy two-handers. Like Frostmourne.

Whereas unholy's kit was always about dots / pets / magic / a flurry of weak attacks that build up into significant DPS together.

So yes it is mostly an aesthetic thing. I wouldn't personally mind if the devs did some magic and also allowed blood to dual wield without changing anything about it in a way that lets people who like dual wield to not have to worry about getting a two hander, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Why? Is it just an aesthetic thing? It doesn't actually change the gameplay. Do you just want to have two different enchants at the same time? I guess I can see that.
    Aesthetic and double enchants

I want to dual wield 2-handers and piss off warriors

I don't. Good as it is.

If it was purely aesthetic I wouldn't care but since it wouldn't and it would mean blizzard would waste all the unholy dev time trying to balance both styles (see the frost patch announcement) I'm going to go with no.

Also, dw fits unholy? Unholy has been played exclusively 2h for eleven years not to mention the DW talent was always in the frost tree. I swear some people are frozen in wrath.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    I think it always made more sense for unholy to be the dual wield spec, and for frost to be the 2h spec.

Frost's kit was always about crit, and crits just fit better with big punchy two-handers. Like Frostmourne.

Whereas unholy's kit was always about dots / pets / magic / a flurry of weak attacks that build up into significant DPS together.

So yes it is mostly an aesthetic thing. I wouldn't personally mind if the devs did some magic and also allowed blood to dual wield without changing anything about it in a way that lets people who like dual wield to not have to worry about getting a two hander, and vice versa.
    It was always strange that they shoehorned in the dw talents into the frost talent tree back in the day. It never fit thematically. In a better world DK would have never had DW or it would have been put at least into UH instead.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

DW unholy and 2h frost make way more sense. Frost should be a lumbering juggernaut that is slow, but if they catch you you're dead. Unholy should be fast like many representations of the undead, especially magically-powered undead like in Game of Thrones. The creepy, twitchy, and unnaturally fast theme fits the use of unholy magic much better than a slow one does.

I miss WoD unholy. It might not have been DW, but it was a fast spec. Unholy presence made you both attack faster and move faster too. Then they had to go and change it because, "We can't possibly give them the original 2h Frostmourne! That's too iconic for the players to own, but it's fine for retribution to have the original Ashbringer. Well, time to make frost and unholy completely switch places!"

I don't know why, but I always thought/preferred Death Knights to not dual wield. They are dead, frozen Knights. They shouldn't have the dexterity to swing two weapons around. I think carrying a big, scary Sword/Axe/Mace that obliterates anything it comes in contact with is more fitting for a Death Knight.

But I totes agree that Unholy would fit more as the dual wielding spec than Frost. Frost should be a frozen, slow killing machine while Unholy can be the faster alternative, especially considering iconic Unholy abilities that increase haste like Unholy Frenzy and Soul Reaper procs.

OR they can fix the bigger issue where people who has 2 weapons gets more enchants/gemslots etc.
    If you use 2h instead of 1h/offhand you should be able to put 2 enchants on and 2 gems, same with shields, should be enchantable.

or even easier, offhands cant be enchanted/gemmed.

And for the reason of purerly astetic? play another class. Every class shouldnt have everything available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    But I totes agree that Unholy would fit more as the dual wielding spec than Frost. Frost should be a frozen, slow killing machine while Unholy can be the faster alternative, especially considering iconic Unholy abilities that increase haste like Unholy Frenzy and Soul Reaper procs.
    Id say blood more than anything. You slowly ramp up the attack speed as blood with DW as you go along in the fight, since you are slowly making the enemy bleed more and more you consume that blood to give you dexterity.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2020-08-20 at 06:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    OR they can fix the bigger issue where people who has 2 weapons gets more enchants/gemslots etc.
    If you use 2h instead of 1h/offhand you should be able to put 2 enchants on and 2 gems, same with shields, should be enchantable.
    In Wrath DKs used to have 2 types of the same runeforges with 1 for dual wield weapons and 1 for 2 handed weapons that had double the stats to compensate like Spellbreaking and Spellshattering used to deflect 2% and 4% of spell damage respectively as an example. Not sure why they couldn't just do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    I don't know why, but I always thought/preferred Death Knights to not dual wield. They are dead, frozen Knights. They shouldn't have the dexterity to swing two weapons around. I think carrying a big, scary Sword/Axe/Mace that obliterates anything it comes in contact with is more fitting for a Death Knight.

I'm in total agreement with 2h statement for DK. In general I don't like dual wielding, for anything except rogue. But I'd vote for more choices anytime. Open up weapon looks for everyone, why the hell not. Unholy and blood as dual wield could be as cool as 2h frost, even mage with 2h sword on the back could look amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

DKs were never meant to dual wield and should never have been given the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    DKs were never meant to dual wield and should never have been given the option.
    WC3 only had Arthas and his clones during online play and there were dual wielding DKs in Vanilla Naxx weren't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    In Wrath DKs used to have 2 types of the same runeforges with 1 for dual wield weapons and 1 for 2 handed weapons that had double the stats to compensate like Spellbreaking and Spellshattering used to deflect 2% and 4% of spell damage respectively as an example. Not sure why they couldn't just do it again.
    ah yeah totally forgot that... Memory runs vauge these days hehe.
    That would make more sense since then you wouldnt have double proc rate, you just gain more when it procs.
    Updated my first post : or even easier, offhands cant be enchanted/gemmed. would prob be the easiest way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'd like that Unholy would change mostly to ranged class and use staff/mace and offhand/bow as a weapon. Would be awesome to have a short range caster in plates that works like melee (instant cast skills) that mostly are dots that UH will burst and rupture on the target while commanding army of undead that kamikaze attack enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The good old days when DH Unholy was just a death coil and necrosis machine

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I think they should, unholy when it came out was pretty much only dualwield. It feels right.
    No, that was a hybrid spec called Shadowfrost that had more frost talents than it did Unholy ones.

The only period which DW Unholy was even briefly acceptable was at the start of Cata due to a big where free Death Coils were producing off of offhand strikes and Mastery was introduced boosting shadow damage but, again, that was a bug and promptly addressed.

In short: No.