Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    I like Unholy how it is, a 2 hand spec.
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X.
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML 240L AIO
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 @ 3600 MHZ
    GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700XT MECH OC

  2. #42
    I am Murloc! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    5,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean others aren't...DK's have had DW as a option since the beginning...no reason they shouldn't get it back.
    The issue is that you can still DW just your abilities won't work. Blizzard needs to stop that and let players have some agency back.

  3. #43
    The Patient Frinata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The issue is that you can still DW just your abilities won't work. Blizzard needs to stop that and let players have some agency back.
    The issue when they 'fixed' it I believe is that Sudden Death was proccing way more then they intended, and that was (to Blizzard) the reason why so many people were dual wielding as Unholy, so they made it proc on the main hand strike only. (Then Legion doubled down on this)

    The solution worked at the time, but I feel a better solution, rather then a band-aid fix that it was, is simmilar to the dual-wield vs 2 handed passive that frost has, in that certain things work differently depending on your choices. For unholy, they could keep the Sudden Death Proc fix, but as well make it so that your ghoul also hits faster as well

    Probably not the ideal solution, but it's just a prod in the right direction

    Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

  4. #44
    I am Murloc! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    5,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    The issue when they 'fixed' it I believe is that Sudden Death was proccing way more then they intended, and that was (to Blizzard) the reason why so many people were dual wielding as Unholy, so they made it proc on the main hand strike only. (Then Legion doubled down on this)

    The solution worked at the time, but I feel a better solution, rather then a band-aid fix that it was, is simmilar to the dual-wield vs 2 handed passive that frost has, in that certain things work differently depending on your choices. For unholy, they could keep the Sudden Death Proc fix, but as well make it so that your ghoul also hits faster as well

    Probably not the ideal solution, but it's just a prod in the right direction
    You are most likely right. I really just started playing a DK in BFA so my knowledge of the nuts and bolts of the past is limited. Fun class though.

  5. #45
    DW Unholy runic power spammer build in Ulduar was probably my favourite unholy build. Topping meters spamming death coils and converting runes to fuel icy touch spam was so much fun.

  6. #46
    Dual wielding versus using a two handed weapon should be strictly a cosmetic choice. Let people have the visual and character identity they want. Wrapping it up in gameplay mechanics is holding us back.

  7. #47
    I would like to see unholy become a ranged DPS caster and be what is essentially a necromancer. Gives another plate wearer using intellect and drops a melee in favor of ranged. A shame we can't always get what we want.

  8. #48
    Stood in the Fire Mightytasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    DKs were never meant to dual wield and should never have been given the option.
    I agree. Thematically, if DK was a 2H-only class it would make a lot of sense.

    This question should be polled though.

  9. #49
    They never should've changed the weapon system in cata. Fucking retards.

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Yung Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Camp Pendleton, California
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I would like to see unholy become a ranged DPS caster and be what is essentially a necromancer. Gives another plate wearer using intellect and drops a melee in favor of ranged. A shame we can't always get what we want.
    Then it wouldn’t be a Death Knight. Knights are essentially melee inclined combatants, not book thumping scholars.
    Personality: INTJ



    “Greatness, at any cost.”

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung Cat View Post
    Then it wouldn’t be a Death Knight. Knights are essentially melee inclined combatants, not book thumping scholars.
    I recall death knights in the rts riding around on skeletal horses and casting spells. They were the Horde equivalent of mages. I'm not sure I understand why you'd assume they'd be book thumping scholars, unless you just consider every spec in the game to utilize intellect as some kind of library nerd.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    I want double shield on my prot warrior, like captain america. -.-
    there is an rpg called grim dawn,and not only is there a class oathkeeper that throws shields around like captain america,kinda like in diablo but better feel to it,the game also has 1h weapons that look like shields,so you can run around with dual weild 1h's that look like shield or 1h+shield,also has transmog

    OT: personaly feel the same as others have said,dk fits best as a 2h class,if you wanna dual you got plenty other options

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I recall death knights in the rts riding around on skeletal horses and casting spells. They were the Horde equivalent of mages. I'm not sure I understand why you'd assume they'd be book thumping scholars, unless you just consider every spec in the game to utilize intellect as some kind of library nerd.
    Regardless of any in game implementation a knight very clearly and distinctly in the minds of 99% of people in this world conjures images of a heavily armored melee warrior. Having a few ranged abilities in a RPG doesn't mean they're not a knight but your comment makes zero sense because the person you responded to was literally quoting someone talking about making a ranged/castery spec which is very clearly moving away from the "knight" archetype.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  14. #54
    In the RTS things like Unholy Aura granted attack speed, so a theme of two weapons to have that frenzy attacker vibe is appropriate.
    Artifacts are already going to have their transmog restrictions lifted a little bit, so there's that.
    I think lifting general transmog restrictions for weapons is fair - it's purely visual there.

    The only thing I worry about with DW for loot is you have to get two separate drops. It'd be nice if they could find a fix for DW specs to get another copy of a weapon if one drops so they wouldn't have to worry about 2H weapons having such raw power in the one drop versus a single 1H dropping. But that's more a concern for DW loot rules in general.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    If it was purely aesthetic I wouldn't care but since it wouldn't and it would mean blizzard would waste all the unholy dev time trying to balance both styles (see the frost patch announcement) I'm going to go with no.

    Also, dw fits unholy? Unholy has been played exclusively 2h for eleven years not to mention the DW talent was always in the frost tree. I swear some people are frozen in wrath.
    There was a point during Wrath where DW unholy was the go to, so by saying exclusively you're very wrong.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I swear some people are frozen in wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    There was a point during Wrath where DW unholy was the go to.
    It's like I predicted your response in my post.

    Wrath was over a decade ago, you're operating on 2h enhancement or shaman tanking tier nostalgia to be using wrath's design as an example of anything.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

  17. #57
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Damn, I like dual wielding and since Frost is getting back two handed spec, can Unholy get a dual wielding one ?
    no 11/chars
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

    It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    no 11/chars
    Yes 12/chars.

  19. #59

  20. #60
    High Overlord ognomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Baja Califoria
    Posts
    131
    No to the Hell No! I love my 2hand very much stop trying to ruin my spec, You want 2hand play frost.
    I like Ah! my goddess, want to make some thing of it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •