Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Just because you're not a fan doesn't mean others aren't...DK's have had DW as a option since the beginning...no reason they shouldn't get it back.
    The issue is that you can still DW just your abilities won't work. Blizzard needs to stop that and let players have some agency back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The issue is that you can still DW just your abilities won't work. Blizzard needs to stop that and let players have some agency back.
    The issue when they 'fixed' it I believe is that Sudden Death was proccing way more then they intended, and that was (to Blizzard) the reason why so many people were dual wielding as Unholy, so they made it proc on the main hand strike only. (Then Legion doubled down on this)

The solution worked at the time, but I feel a better solution, rather then a band-aid fix that it was, is simmilar to the dual-wield vs 2 handed passive that frost has, in that certain things work differently depending on your choices. For unholy, they could keep the Sudden Death Proc fix, but as well make it so that your ghoul also hits faster as well

Probably not the ideal solution, but it's just a prod in the right direction

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    The issue when they 'fixed' it I believe is that Sudden Death was proccing way more then they intended, and that was (to Blizzard) the reason why so many people were dual wielding as Unholy, so they made it proc on the main hand strike only. (Then Legion doubled down on this)

The solution worked at the time, but I feel a better solution, rather then a band-aid fix that it was, is simmilar to the dual-wield vs 2 handed passive that frost has, in that certain things work differently depending on your choices. For unholy, they could keep the Sudden Death Proc fix, but as well make it so that your ghoul also hits faster as well

Probably not the ideal solution, but it's just a prod in the right direction
    You are most likely right. I really just started playing a DK in BFA so my knowledge of the nuts and bolts of the past is limited. Fun class though.

DW Unholy runic power spammer build in Ulduar was probably my favourite unholy build. Topping meters spamming death coils and converting runes to fuel icy touch spam was so much fun.

Dual wielding versus using a two handed weapon should be strictly a cosmetic choice. Let people have the visual and character identity they want. Wrapping it up in gameplay mechanics is holding us back.

I would like to see unholy become a ranged DPS caster and be what is essentially a necromancer. Gives another plate wearer using intellect and drops a melee in favor of ranged. A shame we can't always get what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    DKs were never meant to dual wield and should never have been given the option.
    I agree. Thematically, if DK was a 2H-only class it would make a lot of sense.

This question should be polled though.

They never should've changed the weapon system in cata. Fucking retards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I would like to see unholy become a ranged DPS caster and be what is essentially a necromancer. Gives another plate wearer using intellect and drops a melee in favor of ranged. A shame we can't always get what we want.
    Then it wouldn’t be a Death Knight. Knights are essentially melee inclined combatants, not book thumping scholars.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Cat View Post
    Then it wouldn’t be a Death Knight. Knights are essentially melee inclined combatants, not book thumping scholars.
    I recall death knights in the rts riding around on skeletal horses and casting spells. They were the Horde equivalent of mages. I'm not sure I understand why you'd assume they'd be book thumping scholars, unless you just consider every spec in the game to utilize intellect as some kind of library nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    I want double shield on my prot warrior, like captain america. -.-
    there is an rpg called grim dawn,and not only is there a class oathkeeper that throws shields around like captain america,kinda like in diablo but better feel to it,the game also has 1h weapons that look like shields,so you can run around with dual weild 1h's that look like shield or 1h+shield,also has transmog

OT: personaly feel the same as others have said,dk fits best as a 2h class,if you wanna dual you got plenty other options

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I recall death knights in the rts riding around on skeletal horses and casting spells. They were the Horde equivalent of mages. I'm not sure I understand why you'd assume they'd be book thumping scholars, unless you just consider every spec in the game to utilize intellect as some kind of library nerd.
    Regardless of any in game implementation a knight very clearly and distinctly in the minds of 99% of people in this world conjures images of a heavily armored melee warrior. Having a few ranged abilities in a RPG doesn't mean they're not a knight but your comment makes zero sense because the person you responded to was literally quoting someone talking about making a ranged/castery spec which is very clearly moving away from the "knight" archetype.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

In the RTS things like Unholy Aura granted attack speed, so a theme of two weapons to have that frenzy attacker vibe is appropriate.
    Artifacts are already going to have their transmog restrictions lifted a little bit, so there's that.
    I think lifting general transmog restrictions for weapons is fair - it's purely visual there.

The only thing I worry about with DW for loot is you have to get two separate drops. It'd be nice if they could find a fix for DW specs to get another copy of a weapon if one drops so they wouldn't have to worry about 2H weapons having such raw power in the one drop versus a single 1H dropping. But that's more a concern for DW loot rules in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    If it was purely aesthetic I wouldn't care but since it wouldn't and it would mean blizzard would waste all the unholy dev time trying to balance both styles (see the frost patch announcement) I'm going to go with no.

Also, dw fits unholy? Unholy has been played exclusively 2h for eleven years not to mention the DW talent was always in the frost tree. I swear some people are frozen in wrath.
    There was a point during Wrath where DW unholy was the go to, so by saying exclusively you're very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I swear some people are frozen in wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    There was a point during Wrath where DW unholy was the go to.
    It's like I predicted your response in my post.

Wrath was over a decade ago, you're operating on 2h enhancement or shaman tanking tier nostalgia to be using wrath's design as an example of anything.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Damn, I like dual wielding and since Frost is getting back two handed spec, can Unholy get a dual wielding one ?
    no 11/chars
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    no 11/chars
    Yes 12/chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    No to the Hell No! I love my 2hand very much stop trying to ruin my spec, You want 2hand play frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Seratox View Post
    No, that was a hybrid spec called Shadowfrost that had more frost talents than it did Unholy ones.
    Not to be pedantic but the original incarnation of shadow frost went deeper into unholy than it did frost, that only changed later when they very specifically moved howling blast 10 points deeper into the frost tree in a mid expansion balance patch specifically in an effort to kill shadowfrost because it was unapologetically overpowered.

Anyway I have mixed feelings on this because while I can see where the idea that unholy fits dual wielding better thing comes from with the concept of unholy frenzy, there is also the problem that the fantasy of the unholy DK is to be the lich king, which means emulating the lich kings weapon type. (This is also why frost DKs getting "frostmourne" baffled me, since it's entire powerset was tailor made for unholy and the weapon unholy did end up getting, apocalypse, was 100% a frostmorne knockoff in it's abilities and lore. )

But where talents used to be doesn't really hold much water, since all things considered blood's main defense bone shield also used to be a deep unholy talent. I do kind of like the idea of DW blood stacking bleeds though. Kind of fits the whole vampire thing they have going on.
    Last edited by Isaelyn; 2020-10-16 at 01:51 AM.