Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Many Priests like the soon-to-be old Void Form gameplay and Blizzards is doing the right thing: preserving a form of the playstyle.
    Ah yes because this is totally a thing Blizzard has always done.

    Remember that time they completely reworked shadow in Cata with shadow orbs and they made a talent choice to bring back the old way shadow played in WotLK? And that time in Legion when they completely reworked shadow again to have void form/insanity and they made that one talent for the massive playerbase that didn't want that and wanted their shadow orb playstyle?

    Oh wait..... that never happened.

    Get with the times. Old void form is dead, shadow no longer works with it. Let it die.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Fearing them turning a talent into the best one, forcing you to take it, and revert a major part of your rework is not ignorant. It’s understanding blizzards past.

    Someone saying they know “for sure” all the talents will be equal, is the definition of ignorant.
    So it isn't the best one? It's pretty ignorant to be fearful of the unknown and it's ignorant to think blizzard will tune it to be the best. No one is forcing you to choose it and if it was the best my advice for you is not to take it. It's far too complex for you to understand. I can tell because you think this is the best place to give your ignorant feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Yes, I can guarantee. It will be as viable. It may not be optimal, but you will still be able to beat the content with the other talents - because they will be viable.

    You will survive.
    What's this LFR logic? Also, "as viable" and "may not be optimal" in the same sentence is an oxymoron.

    On topic, I agree that keeping this talent opens the door to issues where the rework is effectively undone because LotV is optimal, but I don't see that happening on anything but fights where the old void form excelled anyway (single target primarily), which always felt good with the old void form.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2020-08-21 at 09:48 PM.

  4. #44
    As long as its a choice and not mandatory in all content it's fine. There are people on the WoW forums calling for it not to have a CD anymore which need to stop, but it having a 1.5 min CD makes it fine. It needs to be balanced or weaker of the 2.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So it isn't the best one? It's pretty ignorant to be fearful of the unknown and it's ignorant to think blizzard will tune it to be the best. No one is forcing you to choose it and if it was the best my advice for you is not to take it. It's far too complex for you to understand. I can tell because you think this is the best place to give your ignorant feedback.
    Kind of awkward how hostile casuals are on this forum, while it's always "the hardcores" that get called toxic.

    Also, do you think talents are always (or even often) in a place balance-wise where Blizzard wants them to be? Furthermore, are you implying Blizzard will balance LotV to be worse, ie a dead talent for serious players? Why would they do that?

  6. #46
    There's going to become a point where it's really good and mandatory for a tier or more and it's like "why did you even bother with the overhaul?"

    Adding the talent is just such a waste of time and defeats the purpose of the rework of the spec. I applaud blizzard trying to please everyone but by trying to please everyone you usually just end up pleasing no one.

  7. #47
    People ranted about Legion/BfA Voidform-Insanity play for shadow priest for years. Blizzard listens, reworks the spec and leaves in a choice for players but that must be removed now as well? I thought one of the major complaints constantly in this game is the lack of choice regarding talents.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    There's going to become a point where it's really good and mandatory for a tier or more and it's like "why did you even bother with the overhaul?"

    Adding the talent is just such a waste of time and defeats the purpose of the rework of the spec. I applaud blizzard trying to please everyone but by trying to please everyone you usually just end up pleasing no one.
    Eh I don't see it. I definitely see LotV being optimal for certain fights, but anything with adds heavily leans into S2M, and anything with AoE heavily leans into Ancient Madness. Unless LotV is stupidly overtuned it'll only really be optimal for the few fights that are single target or constant 2-3 target cleave. I get the issue but I think it's being overblown a bit.

  9. #49
    Honestly, if we started removing every talent that someone didn't like the playstyle of we'd just end up removing every talent. It's no different from frost mages who don't like glacial spike but have had to spec it, or druids who don't like starlord but have had to spec it, or paladins who don't like inquisition but have had to spec it.

    Though maybe since it's such a spec altering talent the proper comparison would be mages who love frost but have lately been forced to play fire. It's a thing throughout this whole game. Always has been. Shadow priests aren't really special just because it's bringing back an old playstyle. Don't like it? Use a different talent. Not willing to do that? Play a different class.

    EDIT: Btw, does void form not still have a cooldown on it even with LoTV? If so, this talent is much like something like thermal void.
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2020-08-21 at 10:05 PM.

  10. #50
    Thought I stumbled into a Starcraft II thread, was about to say "What? Why would you do that!?"

    But, it wasn't that kind of thread.

    Carry on.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Honestly, if we started removing every talent that someone didn't like the playstyle of we'd just end up removing every talent. It's no different from frost mages who don't like glacial spike but have had to spec it, or druids who don't like starlord but have had to spec it, or paladins who don't like inquisition but have had to spec it.
    Just a more specialized version of the "I don't use [LFR|Pet Battles|PvP|M+|LFD|something else] so it should be removed from the game for everyone" argument. Ugh.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Thought I stumbled into a Starcraft II thread, was about to say "What? Why would you do that!?"

    But, it wasn't that kind of thread.

    Carry on.
    I mean I'm fine with removing the final chapter of legacy of the void in SC2

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Then you don't need to play optimally
    Did you decide to not read what I said, or are you being willfully ignorant

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    If you can't play with Legacy of the Void you are free to take the other completely viable options. Many Priests like the soon-to-be old Void Form gameplay and Blizzards is doing the right thing: preserving a form of the playstyle.
    its not the same old gameplay

    its shit and it just takes a better talent place

  14. #54
    For some reason half the people in this thread don't think people Google the best class specs or something. If you don't take the talent then you're just willfully nerfing yourself. But hey maybe some people have big dreams of being an LFR superstar!

  15. #55
    It's a strange move by Blizzard. One I don't think they've made before. Generally when they make a large change to a spec/class, it's 100% go. Don't like the change? Tough. I honestly have to give them credit for trying to maintain multiple playstyles here.

    Is it the right move? No idea. But I would be inclined to say that at the end of the day, fun should absolutely be considered, and if a lot of people find this fun then there might be something to it. Because if you were to ask:

    Enhancement Shaman that loved two handers
    Warriors that loved Gladiator Stance
    Warlocks that loved Metamorphosis

    They might say that having had an option to keep wjat they loved about the spec alive when Blizzard changed it would have been a good thing.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Title. They seem that they keep buffing this talent in order to make it viable, if not optimal, for a lot of situations and it just completely ruins the idea of reworking shadow priest.

    There is no point in keeping a talent that basically reverts your rework into a version of a spec you are trying to steer away from. Especially if you make it ‘the’ talent to take, this makes your rework completely 100% pointless. I honestly do not understand their thought process of trying to completely rework a spec because of how bad it’s setup, but then go and make a talent (and buff it) that almost reverts you back to what you don’t want to be.

    Idk I think this is probably the most annoying talent out there if they make it viable, as I am looking forward to finding a different play style with shadow priest, and not be forced to do this same insanity dance we’ve been doing.
    The point is to make it so that people who like the old playstyle can still enjoy what they like, if you would prefer a general builder/spender you have more 20 specs like that.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    The point is to make it so that people who like the old playstyle can still enjoy what they like, if you would prefer a general builder/spender you have more 20 specs like that.
    That’s not the point of the thread. Please read before commenting, thanks.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    People ranted about Legion/BfA Voidform-Insanity play for shadow priest for years. Blizzard listens, reworks the spec and leaves in a choice for players but that must be removed now as well? I thought one of the major complaints constantly in this game is the lack of choice regarding talents.
    I don't think that many players complained about it. It's just so the vocals are the loudest. Why would anyone go to forum to ask for something they like to be changed right. I think that they change it after 4 years is fine. And to add it as a talent is even more fine. Win win.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I mean I'm fine with removing the final chapter of legacy of the void in SC2
    My favorite Blizzard Cinematic. Man that intro cinematic is simply awesome!
    - Enough prattling. Let them come. We shall grind their bones to dust.

  19. #59
    I like current design and I dislike that rework. If that talent will be best choice, I'd be happy. It's still worse than current playstyle which is fine and I don't understand why they felt the need to ruin it, but at least it's something.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I feel you. I would have killed for the chance to keep my old demo playstyle.

    LotV is an awsome talent because it gives you options. OP is really crying for the sake of crying.
    As someone who loves new demo vs old demo, I would fully support giving up a talent to keep the old playstyle.

    Nothing wrong with LotV imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •