Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ...
    yo shackler did u see that surkov interview yet? his transition to warlord is bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    yo shackler did u see that surkov interview yet? his transition to warlord is bizarre.
    Do you mean WarGonzo's Surkov and Borodai one?

I checked it and quite interested where did you get this "transition to warlord"... which re-telling are you going off from?

Since it's quite weird take. He is quite non-committal and doesn't reveal anything new. "Ukraine will eventually return back because that's inevitable historical trajectory", "nationalism is good", "Putin's rebellion against unjust world order", things like that, with general military/special services attitude to things.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    A miracle? Maybe or a really pissed off electorate because Putin committed the ultimate sin and screwed them over with their pensions.

They'll still get the largest share of the vote and will also very likely have a majority of seats, but if they don't get a majority of the vote well that shows you the situation.

Don't expect any changes in Russia's foreign policy though.
    They will get majority of the vote and seats. Be realistic. Pissed off electorate? Belarus managed to get more people in the streets than Russia while having 15 times less population. Electorate just sits and grumbles all day. Sure - there IS a limit. But that limit is far away and Putin has clearly shown that there are no issues with just dispersing protests with force.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    They do get more popular though:
    https://www.levada.ru/2021/03/11/ele...ingi-partij-5/
    The most likely result is definitely UR still winning due to inertia but losing constitutional majority - which is the point.

That last trick with passing pension age increase right after elections while denying it was ever going to happen before them was a bit too blatant.
    They have sat at those ~10% for what, 20 years? With ups and downs? There is no future for commies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    They will get majority of the vote and seats. Be realistic. Pissed off electorate? Belarus managed to get more people in the streets than Russia while having 15 times less population. Electorate just sits and grumbles all day. Sure - there IS a limit. But that limit is far away and Putin has clearly shown that there are no issues with just dispersing protests with force.
    Not when the polls, genuine polls, show United Russia at 30%. If they DO get a majority of the vote and seats it's because the outright falsified numbers ( and that doesn't happen quite to the degree you might think ).

Belarus and Russia are very different countries for a wide variety of reasons. Lukashenko has NEVER had any free and fair election, ever. He has always cheated, in a blatant manner, to win. Putin, sure he controls the media and has it portray him as a godlike being, attacks his opponents and has always had his vote counts inflated but never outright stole an election that he should have and would have lost except the 2000 one, and even there it was more so that the rigging helped him get over 50% to avoid a runoff.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Not when the polls, genuine polls, show United Russia at 30%. If they DO get a majority of the vote and seats it's because the outright falsified numbers ( and that doesn't happen quite to the degree you might think ).

Belarus and Russia are very different countries for a wide variety of reasons. Lukashenko has NEVER had any free and fair election, ever. He has always cheated, in a blatant manner, to win. Putin, sure he controls the media and has it portray him as a godlike being, attacks his opponents and has always had his vote counts inflated but never outright stole an election that he should have and would have lost except the 2000 one, and even there it was more so that the rigging helped him get over 50% to avoid a runoff.
    Well, we shall see, then. I would love to see UR humilited (it also humilates Putin, though a bunch of Russians for whatever reason do not connect the party with him), of course.
    Take that haters.

Well, we shall see, then. I would love to see UR humilited (it also humilates Putin, though a bunch of Russians for whatever reason do not connect the party with him), of course.
    Considering the stance taken just now on Russia and China by G7 and NATO, I'm not sure that's going to happen. We just handed Putin another few years in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Considering the stance taken just now on Russia and China by G7 and NATO, I'm not sure that's going to happen. We just handed Putin another few years in power.
    He already did that for himself with recent constitution changes. I doubt any changes in goverment (if they happen at all) would revert what was done. He is staying there at least until 2036, when he will already be 83. And if a part of population still wanna believe in the old evil West is coming mantra, well, not like we can change it. Though economy is in shitter right now, I really do not think majority cares anymore.
    Take that haters.

He already did that for himself with recent constitution changes. I doubt any changes in goverment (if they happen at all) would revert what was done. He is staying there at least until 2036, when he will already be 83. And if a part of population still wanna believe in the old evil West is coming mantra, well, not like we can change it. Though economy is in shitter right now, I really do not think majority cares anymore.
    Yeah they must be mad thinking we're going for them.

"UK and US urge G7 to ally against threats from Russia and China"

I wonder where they get that from. Must be a ruski thing. Maybe the vodka.

The judge who sentenced Navalny after his return has died. Oh well.
    So far Navalny has claimed two involved doctors and a judge, if I remember correctly. Gotta have long hands to reach them from prison
    Take that haters.