Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Update - thankfully, after 3 days in forest he has managed to get out himself and is now in hospital being checked. I almost wanted to joke that 3 times is not a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

There were data leaks at the end of April with list of people who had registered for the upcoming planned protests
    https://meduza.io/en/news/2021/04/20...iched-database

Couple of days ago reports came out that hundreds of people have been fired from their workplaces. Some were informally told directly that this is due to participation, some with made up reasons. Of course, part of people will sue (as there is no legal grounds for firing, just because you wanted to be in a protest), but I doubt that will change much.
    A hundred or so were employees of Moscow Metro.

Leak happened due to a Anti-Corruption Foundation worker selling data to FSB, or so the legend goes.
    Take that haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    There were data leaks at the end of April with list of people who had registered for the upcoming planned protests
    https://meduza.io/en/news/2021/04/20...iched-database

Couple of days ago reports came out that hundreds of people have been fired from their workplaces. Some were informally told directly that this is due to participation, some with made up reasons. Of course, part of people will sue (as there is no legal grounds for firing, just because you wanted to be in a protest), but I doubt that will change much.
    A hundred or so were employees of Moscow Metro.

Leak happened due to a Anti-Corruption Foundation worker selling data to FSB, or so the legend goes.
    I think legend is that website used for signups was hacked.

Haven't seen "Selling data to FSB by employee" version anywhere, and i'm subscribed to both Navalny and Volkov twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I think legend is that website used for signups was hacked.

Haven't seen "Selling data to FSB by employee" version anywhere, and i'm subscribed to both Navalny and Volkov twitter.
    I mean, it is written in the same article who thinks about it. Then again, obviously for political capital it works much better than being hacked, not that it changes the firings in the slightest, end result is the same.
    Take that haters.

I mean, it is written in the same article who thinks about it. Then again, obviously for political capital it works much better than being hacked, not that it changes the firings in the slightest, end result is the same.
    I'm fairly certain "Our former employee with access was able to download the mail server logs" legally counts as hacking - even if he knew credentials (not changing which points to pretty lax security culture) he wasn't authorized to access them, nor was he current employee at the time.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-05-17 at 09:09 AM.

I'm fairly certain "Our former employee with access was able to download the mail server logs" legally counts as hacking - even if he knew credentials (not changing which points to pretty lax security culture) he wasn't authorized to access them, nor was he current employee at the time.
    Not getting your point. And end result is what I am talking about.
    Take that haters.

Not getting your point. And end result is what I am talking about.
    Didn't dispute end result one bit.

Obvious intimidation is obvious.

Didn't dispute end result one bit.

Obvious intimidation is obvious.
    And I... am agreeing with you.
    Take that haters.

So his organization is now banned as extremist, some people were arrested, membership means your future is bleak.
    Read, whatever was left of real opposition in Russia has now died. Well, what can I say, except how long until another "pension reform" pushed through Duma with nothing to be done against it?

I mean, you can theoretically go protest... If your protest gets approved, because unnamed "security threats", "road repairs", etc. And if it is approved then it can only happen at some suburb far away from anything important.
    Making another party is basically impossible too.
    Take that haters.

So his organization is now banned as extremist, some people were arrested, membership means your future is bleak.
    Read, whatever was left of real opposition in Russia has now died. Well, what can I say, except how long until another "pension reform" pushed through Duma with nothing to be done against it?
    All that is left of liberal opposition is dead.

Good riddance, even if i disagree with methods employed.

Left-leaning ones still exist.

Which is why simply breaking United Russia's stranglehold on constitutional majority using existing well-established at least nominally oppositional parties is better strategy.

All that is left of liberal opposition is dead.

Good riddance, even if i disagree with methods employed.

Left-leaning ones still exist.

Which is why simply breaking United Russia's stranglehold on constitutional majority using existing well-established at least nominally oppositional parties is better strategy.
    First, I and probably most of others here doubt that you disagree with those methods. Second, do you seriously believe they are an actual opposition? That people like Zhirik or Zyuganov are actually independent and mean something? AHAHAHAHAHA

Third - yeah, good luck with that. They are not ever gonna get more popularity.

We are gonna see funny shit and games with numbers during this year's elections.
    Take that haters.

First, I and probably most of others here doubt that you disagree with those methods. Second, do you seriously believe they are an actual opposition? That people like Zhirik or Zyuganov are actually independent and mean something? AHAHAHAHAHA
    In a sense "not churning whatever Kremlin wants to push through non-stop" - yes.

Can they still be "persuaded"? Sure. Are they going to be total "yes-men"? Nope.

You're repeating same Kremlin propaganda aimed at weakening opposition.

As if Navalny was ever going to get out of his niche of small right-wing enterpreneurs with his cult of personality and non-cooperation with other forces.

We are gonna see funny shit and games with numbers during this year's elections.
    Sure. Wherever that is going to be enough is the question.

7+ Year Old Account

Zhirik likely not no, Zyuganov yes. The communists had two elections stolen from them that they came close to winning, both in '96 and 2000, the 2000 one against Putin and both those elections were rigged, especially the one in '96. They aren't fans of Putin's government let's say but you never really hear about them because well the Russian media bends over for Putin while the Western Media would NEVER give credence to the idea that the communists, who are hardliners that make Putin look nice, are genuine opposition party of Russia, not some activist clown like Navalny.

That's all Navalny ever amounted to, an activist that never would have come close to winning any election even if they were free and fair. Actually if elections were free and fair in Russia with a genuine independent media you'd likely see either the neo-communists win or some neo-fascist party emerge.

Because that's what the Russian people REALLY are. Forget delusions about some Moscow "liberal" ( who really isn't a liberal ) like Navalny who only matters because the West likes to use him to drive the message in everyone's head of "Putin bad".

Now excuse me I need to go take a wash, I feel dirty for saying these things, makes me feel like I am even remotely agreeing with Shalcker. Navalny's "crime" was daring to publicize the mafia state that we all know Putin runs.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2021-06-13 at 07:33 AM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

I mean, you can theoretically go protest... If your protest gets approved, because unnamed "security threats", "road repairs", etc. And if it is approved then it can only happen at some suburb far away from anything important.
    Navalny never was real opposition Easo.

Suuure, commies are real opposition. Sure. Old people are their biggest supporters, they are literally on a lifeline which is being tightened as those people die off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringefest View Post
    Navalny never was real opposition Easo.
    Hard to be in opposition when you and others basically never get to be on lists since Kremlin did everything to ensure they and others are supressed.

United Russia is going to have another overwhelming win, regardless of how real the numbers will be (though let's be fair - they do have the biggest support regardless). We will be able to laugh at 146% level jokes, at least, that's for sure.
    Take that haters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Suuure, commies are real opposition. Sure. Old people are their biggest supporters, they are literally on a lifeline which is being tightened as those people die off.
    I've heard this talk about various political parties in many countries over the years and it's always a load of nonsense. There will ALWAYS be older voters who will always be attracted to certain parties. This dumb idea that "all we need to do is wait for them to die" is not only stupid it's honestly rather insulting. The pension reform in Russia has pushed many people away from United Russia, who may very well lose their majority in the State Duma in September.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I've heard this talk about various political parties in many countries over the years and it's always a load of nonsense. There will ALWAYS be older voters who will always be attracted to certain parties. This dumb idea that "all we need to do is wait for them to die" is not only stupid it's honestly rather insulting. The pension reform in Russia has pushed many people away from United Russia, who may very well lose their majority in the State Duma in September.
    They are not going to loose it. You do realize that? It would take a miracle for it to happen.
    And yes, commies are not getting more popular...
    Take that haters.

United Russia is going to have another overwhelming win, regardless of how real the numbers will be (though let's be fair - they do have the biggest support regardless). We will be able to laugh at 146% level jokes, at least, that's for sure.
    They do get more popular though:
    https://www.levada.ru/2021/03/11/ele...ingi-partij-5/
    The most likely result is definitely UR still winning due to inertia but losing constitutional majority - which is the point.

That last trick with passing pension age increase right after elections while denying it was ever going to happen before them was a bit too blatant.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2021-06-14 at 02:34 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are not going to loose it. You do realize that? It would take a miracle for it to happen.
    And yes, commies are not getting more popular...
    A miracle? Maybe or a really pissed off electorate because Putin committed the ultimate sin and screwed them over with their pensions.

They'll still get the largest share of the vote and will also very likely have a majority of seats, but if they don't get a majority of the vote well that shows you the situation.

Don't expect any changes in Russia's foreign policy though.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    A miracle? Maybe or a really pissed off electorate because Putin committed the ultimate sin and screwed them over with their pensions.
    A few other points:
    - Communist party is traditionally "party of the poor"; with rise of inflation and other C19 economic complications while government support remains weak sentiment shift is likely (and observed).
    - Navalny's remaining "Smart Vote" scheme will prioritize voting "next best candidate after UR one" - in a lot of poor districts that is going to be communists.