Regarding the spriest changes of the 19th of august

Yes, void form extending devouring plague is WAY too strong. Devouring plague is supposed to be our heavy hitter, this will just become impossible to balance.

My suggestion would be to remove void bolt BUT when you pick legacy of the void devouring plague gets replaced with void bolt. That way the legacy of the void playstyle could be tuned separately without interfering or colliding with the regular playstyle.

As an added bonus the regular playstyle would become more of what we're used to from the past since we didn't have void bolt back then. Void form would essentially just become a dps cooldown.

At this point they should just delete the current priest data copy paste in any other pre-legion expansions priest data and start from there because this is kind of a mess atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Yes, void form extending devouring plague is WAY too strong. Devouring plague is supposed to be our heavy hitter, this will just become impossible to balance.

My suggestion would be to remove void bolt BUT when you pick legacy of the void devouring plague gets replaced with void bolt. That way the legacy of the void playstyle could be tuned separately without interfering or colliding with the regular playstyle.

As an added bonus the regular playstyle would become more of what we're used to from the past since we didn't have void bolt back then. Void form would essentially just become a dps cooldown.
    Sorry but no: this would probably lead making void form a straight dps nerf compared to simply maintaining devouring plague and make void torrent an must have talent. Instead void bolt should simply decrease the insanity-cost of the next devouring plague by let's say 25, stackable to 2 times. Still not sure yet if this is even necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    At this point they should just delete the current priest data copy paste in any other pre-legion expansions priest data and start from there because this is kind of a mess atm.
    Not really, the current priest style on the PTR is quite good; it's like having shadow orbs back, but as a ressource bar. Blizzard already fixed the biggest issue, needing 90 insanity for void form is removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry but no: this would probably lead making void form a straight dps nerf compared to simply maintaining devouring plague and make void torrent an must have talent. Instead void bolt should simply decrease the insanity-cost of the next devouring plague by let's say 25, stackable to 2 times.
    Not really. You'd get increased damage for being in void form for longer periods of time for once and since void bolt would replace devouring plague you could tune it however you wanted since it's only usable in void form.

Let's say devouring plague does 500 damage
    With legacy of the void you don't get access to devouring plague but you can cast void bolt when in void form and it does 50000 damage.
    Wouldn't that be a DPS increase?

Extreme example sure but it illustrates how you can tune the two separately.

Not sure what the problem is, the thing about Legacy of the Void is that you don't want to use insanity for Devouring Plague during it since your goal is to maintain it as long as you can - this just means you don't lose the damage/self healing during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Not sure what the problem is, the thing about Legacy of the Void is that you don't want to use insanity for Devouring Plague during it since your goal is to maintain it as long as you can - this just means you don't lose the damage/self healing during it.
    The problem is that devouring plague can be extended during void form and since it's such a heavy hitter it will either result in legacy of the void being insanely overpowered or devouring plague being neutered, neither of which are good outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    The problem is that devouring plague can be extended during void form and since it's such a heavy hitter it will either result in legacy of the void being insanely overpowered or devouring plague being neutered, neither of which are good outcomes.
    This still does not change the issue with Void Torrent: Void Torrent would be in your build an massive overpowered dps cooldown, since you could extend your devouring plague through the whole void form and it would not only be quite shit when you don't have it both off cooldown, it would quite limit the variations of shadow priest. So it would be a must have talent. Sorry, but your chance would simply make shadow priest so much worse compared to what we have now.

EDIT: didn't see it only affect Legacy of the Void. This changes things a lot. So i need to revoke my posts and want to count the numbers again. Still it would still not change that with legacy of the void then Void torrent would be the must have choice in the talent tree.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-08-20 at 08:37 AM.

The problem is that legacy of the void is a retarded talent to have after you just tried to get away from that play style and the reason WHY they reworked shadow in the first place.

I do think legacy of the void is overpowered right now. Void bolt extending the duration by 6 seconds just doesn't work. It needs to reset the duration like void torrent does to (maybe) be a balanced talent.
    With max insanity gain talents you get around 50 seconds of dp on one target which is insane. On pure single target it also leaves you with nothing to do once voidform ends since you cap on insanity and using dp again on a target afflicted by a high duration dp currently does absolutely nothing (seems more like a bug or an oversight than an actual interaction, but still)
    Also void torrent feels really bad because it can reset a dp that still lasts 30 seconds back to 6.
    Then you could take damnation and loose extra insanity generation from mindbender but you could easily keep up 30+ seconds of dp on two targets.
    Last edited by Foolicious; 2020-08-20 at 04:52 PM.

I think they should just make void bolt replace devouring plague during void form. It would save keybinds and remove the awkward overlap. Currently i hate the idea of having to find a keybind for an ability i have to spam on CD every 3 seconds for only 15 seconds every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I think they should just make void bolt replace devouring plague during void form. It would save keybinds and remove the awkward overlap. Currently i hate the idea of having to find a keybind for an ability i have to spam on CD every 3 seconds for only 15 seconds every minute.
    That would only be an issue if you're clicking your longer cooldown abilities. And if you're clicking your longer cooldown abilities then shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Not only that. Also Devouring Plague doesn't fit out toolkit lorewise. It's just leftovers from the Vanilla skill. At the very least they should give it a Void-like visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    That would only be an issue if you're clicking your longer cooldown abilities. And if you're clicking your longer cooldown abilities then shame on you
    Some keybinds are less comfortable to press than others. I dont like moving my hand across my keyboard to press buttons on the other side so i use modifiers.
    I keep cooldowns on buttons i dont press often, i like them out of the way so that i dont accidentally press it. This is entirely a comfort thing, void form isnt a rotational ability anymore so it doesnt make sense to have void bolt replace it, and since devouring plague conflicts with devouring plague it just makes sense to combine them and make VB the void replacement for DP. You get full mastery effect in void form so it doesnt matter that you lose a dot

Or you could just keep your current VErr/VB keybind.