Page 26 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Surprised at the 1/2 million concurrent players, was not expecting even half that. Glad they took the extra time after the beta cause haven't had a single hiccup, no broken tool tips, or other stupid stuff like that.
    Its yet another hyped up MMO. the numbers are not surprising imo. Especially when its in a down period for FF14/WoW.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its yet another hyped up MMO. the numbers are not surprising imo. Especially when its in a down period for FF14/WoW.
    It's one of few mmo's that's actually grown since launch though both in korea, japan and russia and it's been out for 3-4 years but we will se how it does here could be a flop we will see.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Didn't FF14 just release an expansion? And regardless 1/2 million concurrent is damn impressive. The game director's biggest hope was 200k concurrent.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Didn't FF14 just release an expansion? And regardless 1/2 million concurrent is damn impressive. The game director's biggest hope was 200k concurrent.
    Yes, though it's worth noting it was taken off sale for around 2 months due to overpopulation. It just went back on sale last month.

Half a million for paid early access is pretty huge, they must have sold a ton of packs for at least the $15 minimum. Likely will be far, far more when F2P goes live on Friday. I'm honestly not expecting servers to be terribly stable this weekend once the flood gates open but that's the nature of MMO releases. I can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    bs

You're not very smart. Compared to those games - they are using the same techniques. Hence the friggin comparison... It's awfully looking old game. Can't help if you're blind or playing on 7" screen and never tried new Watch Dogs or Control or even Detroid: Become Human games on highest settings if you think Lost Ark looks good.
    Last edited by ldev; 2022-02-09 at 06:40 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    You're not very smart. Compared to those games - they are using the same techniques. Hence the friggin comparison... It's awfully looking old game. Can't help if you're blind or playing on 7" screen and never tried new Watch Dogs or Control or even Detroid: Become Human games on highest settings if you think Lost Ark looks good.
    MMO players tend to not care about graphics as much, they will take a game that looks a bit dated but runs well and is fun to play over the latest fidelity smorgasbord.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I'm over here playing Bard fittingly like a damn pianist. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's annoying being constantly unmounted to talk to an NPC and then having to manually mount up to run a few yards and talk to another NPC, unmount, etc.
    ...you don't? I mean, i always talk with npcs mounted, it shows me dismout but once dialogue is finished i'm already on my mount.

I can also skip every single cutscene just fine. Dunno where the difference lies.

Edit: lvl25 with my wardancer, not having much free time otherwise i think i would be around the 40s. I'm just doing everything. So, a couple tips:

- if you want to be fast, just do orange quests and purple ones (the latter are new features tutorials).
    - all dungeons can be soloed hard mode for better loot which is useful for faster leveling. But do them a single time, no need to farm.
    - world bosses are a nice source of loot only the first kill for leveling. You can also ignore them.
    - all gear is obsolete pretty fast. Just equip the ones with the blue arrow and dismantle everything else.

Last: if you see a bunch of people hitting a fence around the 20ish level, stop and help them. You'll get 3 mokokos. It's literally a fence thatvtakes forever to go down. In 5 people took like 10 minutes of nonstop hitting.

Just saying cause until i typed "we're not bots" people came looked for a while then left XD
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2022-02-09 at 07:29 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I turned from cute anime girl to WoW: TBC leveling gear (T_T) along the way
    SAD!

Anyone knows if there is farmable outfits ingame? I still didnt google/youtube this topic

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    ...you don't? I mean, i always talk with npcs mounted, it shows me dismout but once dialogue is finished i'm already on my mount.
    I talked about this above; but it was happening in a certain zone when I interacted with some things. I am not sure if and what NPCs or objects it was because frankly I am going light-fucking-speed here. I moved on from that area. I will be 50 tonight as a Bard if I get a chance to login.

I can also skip every single cutscene just fine. Dunno where the difference lies.
    Not all of them can be skipped the first time.

Edit: lvl25 with my wardancer, not having much free time otherwise i think i would be around the 40s. I'm just doing everything. So, a couple tips:

- if you want to be fast, just do orange quests and purple ones (the latter are new features tutorials).
    - all dungeons can be soloed hard mode for better loot which is useful for faster leveling. But do them a single time, no need to farm.
    - world bosses are a nice source of loot only the first kill for leveling. You can also ignore them.
    - all gear is obsolete pretty fast. Just equip the ones with the blue arrow and dismantle everything else.

Last: if you see a bunch of people hitting a fence around the 20ish level, stop and help them. You'll get 3 mokokos. It's literally a fence thatvtakes forever to go down. In 5 people took like 10 minutes of nonstop hitting.

Just saying cause until i typed "we're not bots" people came looked for a while then left XD
    Good info. I am almost 50 as already mentioned though. We broke the seed wall thing down already but good info to pass along nonetheless.

I powered through everything with just the main quests and a few key world quests. I played the betas.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I powered through everything with just the main quests and a few key world quests. I played the betas.
    I played betas, and powered there. Now i'm really going deliberately slow and checking everything.

In the end now we have the level 60 cap, so everything counts towards there. This is a game i want to savoiur little by little.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I am getting some steam achieve's I def didn't earn. Got 2 100% adventure tomes lol and a 200 treasure map achievement. Not getting the achievement in game though so no acct xp and other awards. I am getting the correct achievements in game, hope I can keep the steam ones though.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2022-02-09 at 08:34 PM.

I heard the leveling/questing was poor/bad but man its somehow even worse than what I was expecting. Gonna try to force myself to keep playing a bit over the weekend with some friends, hopefully it gets better soon. Was really looking for a new MMO to play between WoW patches.

Oh...this is like league of legends...all costumes are via cash shop and there are no PvE ones...
    Kinda sadge T_T but ok, is the model to earn them money i suppose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

I would add a few things for newer players who may be browsing here:

1. Do the red quests / events while leveling. They can usually be finished in only a few seconds (kill 2 packs of enemies, go to target location) and give a decent amount of XP. Depending on the zone, some yellow side quests can give some decent XP and be finished with little to no effort as well, especially when traveling along super linear zones.

2. If you don't plan on speed leveling, do the side quests that unlock the gathering professions around level 24 or so. Characters have a gathering bar that acts kind of like stamina to limit how much you can gather a day, so starting to gather materials early can pay off.

3. Maxing out a skill or two is better than trying to evenly distribute your points for skills. I would recommend finding a skill that has a fairly short CD or can be reduced via the talents, then pumping it up to rank 10.

4. Get a pet ASAP. You unlock it via a purple quest in the first town around level 5 or so. They auto pickup items for you which is a lifesaver.

5. Do not use the green %health potions while leveling. These become very valuable once you hit max level, so you should be using the white potions that heal a flat amount instead. These can be purchased from vendors, but you will most likely find more than enough while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Oh...this is like league of legends...all costumes are via cash shop and there are no PvE ones...
    Kinda sadge T_T but ok, is the model to earn them money i suppose
    This is completely false. Get to endgame
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    This is completely false. Get to endgame
    There are pve skins? I found zero information on that
    There is gear and tier sets like in wow right?

I got used to the Blade & Soul system which was pretty fun...but no idea how Lost Ark works.

Like every mmorpg ever created.... you can loot armor and weapons and equip them. The best looking armor/weapons are usually from higher end bosses. In fact even playing for 30 seconds you will loot a new hat from trash mobs.

This isnt diablo3 or POE. This isnt league of legends. Its extremely similar to WoW, and it just plays top down.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Like every mmorpg ever created.... you can loot armor and weapons and equip them. The best looking armor/weapons are usually from higher end bosses. In fact even playing for 30 seconds you will loot a new hat from trash mobs.

This isnt diablo3 or POE. This isnt league of legends. Its extremely similar to WoW, and it just plays top down.
    What do you mean????? "Like every MMO ever created"

They are literally all different! You arent teaching us anything is there transmog? Any information? Please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadow View Post
    what do you mean????? "like every mmo ever created"

they are literally all different! You arent teaching us anything :d is there transmog? Any information? Please :d

play the game.