Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    EUC has more than twice as many players as in Korea. If they started with EUW from the beginning the situation would be a lot better.. but now most EUC players don't wanna switch for whatever reason and keep the servers at their limit. EUW is working fine tho - I switched.
    One of those reason might be that you lose everything if you switch.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    One of those reason might be that you lose everything if you switch.
    Luckily a lot of people couldn't progress too much sitting 6 hours in the queue every day and with nothing in the game actually working.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    I'm just baffled, because I played this game and it's basically an accumulation of half of the Korean MMOs/mobile games released in the last 10 years. Complete with ultra predatory cash shop stuff. There were games like this coming out by the truckload, especially top down action combat stuff. Wondering why Lost Ark got so much attention.
    It's new, highly playable and has a fun endgame. This is why people are really into it right now. A lot of MMOs that come out are not as immediately playable or fun in the long run.

I do not disagree this is largely a fairly generic Korean grinder. It's full of a lot of bullshit. But the game has momentum and that counts for A LOT in keeping a player base.

It's fun to play casually, but playing it seriously it's literally just WoW but where they just blatantly sell skips to many of the "chore" mechanics. When the majority of endgame is spent doing literal chores, it's getting a hard pass for any kind of serious play.
    This isn't really fair to any game. I could say this about almost every MMORPG I have played. I do so-called "chores" in SWTOR, BDO, ESO, Elyon, New World, et cetera too.

Don't play World of Warcraft, but I can't imagine players sitting around never playing the game at endgame unless it's wholly new content. It is very likely there are some daily tasks for players in WOW same as other aforementioned games and Lost Ark.

That is just how MMORPGs work out in order to provide long-term play. How would it be possible for a developer to create wholly new content daily? They can't. So systems have to be created for incremental and progressive tasks and so on.

I know this game is 99% a PvE game, but I'm so addicted to the team eliminator, I've barely touched the rest of the game lol. Makes me nostalgic dueling outside Stormwind and Ironforge in WoW long time ago.

It's really not acceptable nor in any way whatsoever "fun" to be playing in EU right now.

The most asinine thing ever is that account creation is still allowed and gold sellers start using up already limited server space.
    The way they handled this whole thing is a poor joke.

What a massive disappointed.
    The game basically has to die out to be properly playable.
    That sucks.

The game is so much fun but quite a few of my friends stopped playing because it's literally unplayable for normal players.
    I have to use teamviewer tools at work to even get access to the servers when I'm home.

I feel like that Priest and the Prince had a thing, no? They had to be slapping sausages.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    It's really not acceptable nor in any way whatsoever "fun" to be playing in EU right now.
    Try the EUW servers if you aren't too attached yet, after playing on EU Central servers (also known as queuing for around an hour any time I wanted to play) I had gotten to lvl 39 and was kind of enjoying it but then rerolled on an EUW server, never had a queue and am almost back at the same level I was on previously. Also got a 2nd founders pack given to me for rerolling on new server and the only thing I have really lost out is the crappy bird thingy pet.
    I will admit that the gold selling spam is getting pretty ridiculous already though ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Try the EUW servers if you aren't too attached yet, after playing on EU Central servers (also known as queuing for around an hour any time I wanted to play) I had gotten to lvl 39 and was kind of enjoying it but then rerolled on an EUW server, never had a queue and am almost back at the same level I was on previously. Also got a 2nd founders pack given to me for rerolling on new server and the only thing I have really lost out is the crappy bird thingy pet.
    I will admit that the gold selling spam is getting pretty ridiculous already though ^^
    EUC got second founders pack too.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Finally hit level 50! Would have done it a while ago but I chose to play the game mostly when me and my friend had lined up schedules.

I have seen a lot of people talking about how bad the leveling is, and while I certainly think the quality of the actual content is mediocre, I think the combat and constant change in visuals really helps make it feel less of a slog than a lot of other mmos.

Excited to push into the early endgame soon.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Thanks goodness for EU West, I logged in and played a while this weekend without any queue - it just seems the server I chose in is 100% Spanish haha

I am thrilled by the aesthetics of that game, some elements reminds you you're playing a 5-6 (?) years old game, but otherwise I dig it.
    As I've seen written here a lot of times, the leveling experience is nothing to write home about. Most of the quests are "go talk to that guy 3m away on my behalf and come back tell me what he told you", when you have to kill stuff it's usually one pack, picking stuff will be one thing and it's done. I feel like they could have done a bit more honestly, even though leveling doesn't seem to be the priority anyway.
    The few dungeons I've made so far during the leveling are... tons of fun, even though I'm lacking my young-self skills, I love them so far.
    I do like the abilities' "trees" and the fact you can swap without constraints. Pushes you to try out things and that's great.

What I dislike on the other hand... The Blade & Soul memories, where there were one billion different currencies, most of which you have no clue about their purpose. Also the fact there seems to be a shitload of things to do slapped on your face, the number of mechanics is definitely overwhelming if you don't plan on reading guides to know what is obsolete, what is relevant/important, and also what is useful or not.
    E.g. when you get Chests in which you have to chose between 50 different potions or engravings (not sure about the english name here).

Another thing they've completed wasted is the french localization. Nothing makes much sense in the UI and some sentences do not have any purpose. They've even swapped the negative and positive in some elements (for example when entering the queue for a dungeon, the UI tells you "You're not in the queue for [Dungeon]". Okay then)

It's so bad I can't even be sure the spells descriptions are true, even when the sentences seem to make sense.
    At this point I would've preferred they didn't localize it and kept english everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, the iLevel 600 grind sucks. I'm at ~586 and I've just about burnt through all the crystals/shards from the tier 1 islands. Now the only progress I can get is from my 2 daily chaos dungeon and guardian runs, only then to fail to upgrade my gear and waste all of those resources. I don't particularly want to level another character as the leveling process is so boring, and I the gearing process will be extra slow since I've redeemed all of the "once per account" rewards on my main. On top of that, I'm saving my Powerpass for when the Spear Master gets added to the game, since they look really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    Man, the iLevel 600 grind sucks. I'm at ~586 and I've just about burnt through all the crystals/shards from the tier 1 islands. Now the only progress I can get is from my 2 daily chaos dungeon and guardian runs, only then to fail to upgrade my gear and waste all of those resources. I don't particularly want to level another character as the leveling process is so boring, and I the gearing process will be extra slow since I've redeemed all of the "once per account" rewards on my main. On top of that, I'm saving my Powerpass for when the Spear Master gets added to the game, since they look really fun.
    You can also knowledge transfer. Spend 800 gold, I think it was, and wait 8 hours then you'll have a lvl 50 char with 302 gear that's completed Vern.

Tinkered around with bard and shadowhunter, didn't jive with either. However I'm feeling the scrapper so far, the kit makes more sense to me and it seems very straightforward "smash face" which is about my speed. Also, giant gauntlets are rad.

You get two power passes.

One after finishing Vern and one immediately after you use the first.

You can also skip all the leveling and get a char to 50 with knowledge transfer in your stronghold for only 600 gold (not that much)

I got 6 50's and I only leveled one.

Congrats, you can now spend some money to have more resources to waste on upgrading system. Isnt selling solution to made up problems fun?

EUC has more than twice as many players as in Korea. If they started with EUW from the beginning the situation would be a lot better.. but now most EUC players don't wanna switch for whatever reason and keep the servers at their limit. EUW is working fine tho - I switched.
    I don't have any special items except the streamer fox pet but i'm unsure about switching to EUW since (in my experience) in all MMOs all servers, except the initital overpopulated ones, are usually dead after a few months.
    I've made the mistake a few times to switch or start on the overflow servers and regretted it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I don't have any special items except the streamer fox pet but i'm unsure about switching to EUW since (in my experience) in all MMOs all servers, except the initital overpopulated ones, are usually dead after a few months.
    I've made the mistake a few times to switch or start on the overflow servers and regretted it every time.
    I doubt that is much of a problem.
    Isn't matchmaking datacenter-wide?

I know that you can play with other servers at the very least.
    So unless the friend-list or guilds are your thing, you won't struggle finding players unless the whole game died out.

use the powerpass, not only can you do the same with gold, but afaik new class releases always came with a free powerpass as well in KR.
    Even if that's not true. You can get up 9(?) characters to max level for a pityful amount of gold (900g each or something?).

Better get some additional classes rolling now as you can feed your main with upgrade mats. Not to mention how fast you can upgrade your Spear Master once she comes out, with 3+ alts all running chaos dungeons.
    She'll be T2 (and then after getting your alts to T2 - T3) in no time.

If it's too much to play right now, don't worry. Just let them sit and accumulate extra... whats it called... "progress stamina" or something?
    Every two missed daily guardian/chaos dungeon/quest will give you double rewards next time you do one. Up to...5 each or something.
    There is simply no downside in creating alts now. Only benefits.
    In fact, creating a male if your main is female or vice versa gives a significant amount of T2 Upgrade mats on Fomona Island.
    That alone is worth it .
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-02-21 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ma boi...

This is happy times, in T3 you get to a point where you have 3% chance to upgrade item. 40% now? That's like bliss.

There is a pretty big bug right now. You can go to EUW create a character on every server and login for 5 days on each of them - you will get a year's worth of Crystalline Aura, which is account-wide from the daily login bonus. Do it while you can.

There is a pretty big bug right now. You can go to EUW create a character on every server and login for 5 days on each of them - you will get a year's worth of Crystalline Aura, which is account-wide from the daily login bonus. Do it while you can.
    Only for EUW roster-characters though, right?

Makes me wonder.... how do daily login bonuses work in general. Are they roster bound?
    Roster stuff works for all servers, doesn't it?
    Couldn't you do the same thing in EUC as well?