Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ...
28
68
76
77
78
79
80
88
... LastLast
  1. #1541
    Patch delayed. Oh boy, the community won't like this.

  2. #1542
    Jesus christ, 100% Artisan upgrades feel painful and bad :/.
    I wish they'd half the amount you require to get it to 100%.
    Getting my weapon from 1410 to 1415 did cost me like:

    10k red stones, 200 greater leapstones,4000g, 400k silver

    And I used like 12 purple chance increase stones as well.

  3. #1543
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Jesus christ, 100% Artisan upgrades feel painful and bad :/.
    I wish they'd half the amount you require to get it to 100%.
    Getting my weapon from 1410 to 1415 did cost me like:

    10k red stones, 200 greater leapstones,4000g, 400k silver

    And I used like 12 purple chance increase stones as well.
    I don't mind the honing stuff, but it always felt weird to me that the same Solar Protection or whatever is called, gives you like 10% extra honing chance on early levels and gives you like 1% on the harder ones.
    They're already capped the amount you can use per honing, why go the extra step of actually nerfing it to oblivion? I always laugh when I throw in a green one and it gives a whooping 0.21% extra chance of honing.
    I started burning them early to secure the 100% (or closest possible) and go raw on the 15%. Honestly, I rather save me the headache of failing an 80% honing rather than going from 15% to 17% using 20 extra mats.

  4. #1544
    What are the odds of getting a 6/6 stone? How many stones you think it'd take on avg (on a legendary stone)?

  5. #1545
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    What are the odds of getting a 6/6 stone? How many stones you think it'd take on avg (on a legendary stone)?
    its pretty easy, the odds were posted on reddit once, i believe orange stone is like 15 or 20% chance for 6/6. somewhere around there but i cannot remember fully. it wasnt a super low chance or anything

  6. #1546
    So, I’ve finally reached 1370, and the only way to go further is to do Abyss dungeons/Raids ?

    I had tried one Abyss dungeon when I reached T1 and the wipe mechanics are as awful as it can be in PUGs so I just decided this kind of content was not for me.

    If that’s the only way to continue progressing, I guess I’m stuck !

    I’ll probably try T3 dungeons tomorrow but I expect the same kind of shitfest as it was in T1 with those dreadful mechanics

  7. #1547
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    So, I’ve finally reached 1370, and the only way to go further is to do Abyss dungeons/Raids ?

    I had tried one Abyss dungeon when I reached T1 and the wipe mechanics are as awful as it can be in PUGs so I just decided this kind of content was not for me.

    If that’s the only way to continue progressing, I guess I’m stuck !

    I’ll probably try T3 dungeons tomorrow but I expect the same kind of shitfest as it was in T1 with those dreadful mechanics
    Yes, pretty much. Abyssal dungeons are accesible to pug, same as Argos p1.

    Honestly almost all mechanics in this game are idiot-checks so as long as you know what you're doing (and so does the rest) it should be fine. Other that that, I can recommend you to read Maxroll.gg guides, they helped me a lot so I didn't go in blind.

  8. #1548
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Yes, pretty much. Abyssal dungeons are accesible to pug, same as Argos p1.

    Honestly almost all mechanics in this game are idiot-checks so as long as you know what you're doing (and so does the rest) it should be fine. Other that that, I can recommend you to read Maxroll.gg guides, they helped me a lot so I didn't go in blind.
    Yeah I've had a look at Maxroll's detailed strats, that's kinda ok on my side (difficult to say when we can't even reach the other phases or other bosses ), but every time I'm going in pugs it seems ... totally impossible. I haven't tried much of course, but I don't see myself wasting such amount of my (limited) time bashing my head against a wall... That's usually like 10-15 minutes of matchmaking for 2 tentatives, group disband and bis repetita.

    I can't even find all those single-enemy encounters fun in this game. Their mechanics design is extremely obnoxious in my opinion and that's always 5-10-15 minutes of boredom doing them.
    And how am I supposed to have fun against the first boss of the first T3 abyss dungeon, when 90% of my class' abilities are staggers ? rofl

    That's honestly disappointing that there isn't a leg T3 set, even a sub-par one (without the set bonuses or with lower stats/engravings), available for more casual players, allowing to continue to have some sense of progression

  9. #1549
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I can't even find all those single-enemy encounters fun in this game. Their mechanics design is extremely obnoxious in my opinion and that's always 5-10-15 minutes of boredom doing them.
    And how am I supposed to have fun against the first boss of the first T3 abyss dungeon, when 90% of my class' abilities are staggers ? rofl
    By playing the boss corectly and reducing his stacks, or when he is immune to stagger, before you do damage again?

  10. #1550
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    So, I’ve finally reached 1370, and the only way to go further is to do Abyss dungeons/Raids ?

    I had tried one Abyss dungeon when I reached T1 and the wipe mechanics are as awful as it can be in PUGs so I just decided this kind of content was not for me.

    If that’s the only way to continue progressing, I guess I’m stuck !

    I’ll probably try T3 dungeons tomorrow but I expect the same kind of shitfest as it was in T1 with those dreadful mechanics
    Here's the thing. It's possible to progress in t1 up to t3 (through t2) just being bad, so the players you see there are awful. You kinda can't progress in t3 being bad so the players there tend to be better. Ofc it's still gunna be full of bad players so if you're expecting a game with player base of only good players, mmorpgs are not for you.

    Another thing that's an issue is that the t1 abyss dungeons have t3 players carrying so these players probably learn nothing as they progress their gear.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That's honestly disappointing that there isn't a leg T3 set, even a sub-par one (without the set bonuses or with lower stats/engravings), available for more casual players, allowing to continue to have some sense of progression
    The abyss dungeons are casual content lol. Hate to say it but anyone who's struggling in t3 content, it's probably them. t1 and t2 I understand though, that stuff is full of garbage players. I know cuz I've been progressing tons of alts and it has been miserable.

  11. #1551
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    By playing the boss corectly and reducing his stacks, or when he is immune to stagger, before you do damage again?
    Dunno, as I said I didn't have the opportunity to try it out plenty of times due to the conjonction of long matchmaking + limited playtime. In my very few tentatives nobody was really playing the grab thing, I tried it out myself (as a Mage, probably not optimal) but yet nobody was able to stagger the boss. On another try it was going... better than usual let's say, but the boss grabbed one dude and one-shotted everyone, I don't really know what happened, that doesn't seem to be listed on Maxroll so no fucking clue what happened.

    I'll try that out another time next week probably, but I definitely can't enjoy those encounters where most of your activity seems to be running around the boss as I often see in vids, definitely not my cup of tea

    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Ofc it's still gunna be full of bad players so if you're expecting a game with player base of only good players, mmorpgs are not for you.- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah, I know how MMORPGs are, but I somehow expect that any mode with an automatic matchmaking to be sort of feasible (not necessarily piss-easy, but feasible) without communication or even with one or two morons. But from my experience so far, one dude can very easily fuck you over very easily and that's totally infuriating - In fact I'm very sure i've been that guy at some occasions (as reading a strat/mechanics never equals trying them out ).

    That's basically my problem here as a casual. You've got very very few opportunities to try something, so if in most of the cases your tentatives are screwed for whatever reason, you're just... stuck forever
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-04-24 at 05:09 PM.

  12. #1552
    I mean, a lot of T3 players don't know what they are doing either, but I wonder what anyone is even doing or looking forward to if not for the dungeons or raids.
    It's like... chaos dungeons 24/7 for what? That stuff is not really "fun"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Dunno, as I said I didn't have the opportunity to try it out plenty of times due to the conjonction of long matchmaking + limited playtime. In my very few tentatives nobody was really playing the grab thing, I tried it out myself (as a Mage, probably not optimal) but yet nobody was able to stagger the boss. On another try it was going... better than usual let's say, but the boss grabbed one dude and one-shotted everyone, I don't really know what happened, that doesn't seem to be listed on Maxroll so no fucking clue what happened.

    I'll try that out another time next week probably, but I definitely can't enjoy those encounters where most of your activity seems to be running around the boss as I often see in vids, definitely not my cup of tea
    when he grabs one and wipes you he had too many stacks.
    As for the stagger check after the grab. Your extend of "trying" must have been a singular try then. That check is like done with a single ability or two, it's nothing even remotely comparable to what you had to do in T1/T2 dungeons

    Long matchmaking times - lol?
    It's like 20 seconds.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-04-24 at 05:10 PM.

  13. #1553
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I mean, a lot of T3 players don't know what they are doing either, but I wonder what anyone is even doing or looking forward to if not for the dungeons or raids.
    It's like... chaos dungeons 24/7 for what? That stuff is not really "fun"
    Well I think I can answer to that. I no longer have the time (and motivation) to do endgame stuff as I did 5-10 years ago in various games (mostly WoW), and Lost Ark is good enough for that - Chaos Dungeons, Guardian Raids, Islands, Ghost Ships and all the other transversal content take up a substantial amount of time. Of course, I think no one sane enough is doing Chaos Dungeons 24/7, but when you play one hour a day during the weekdays, doing the "daily tasks" already suck up a good amount of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Long matchmaking times - lol?
    It's like 20 seconds.
    Well that was my feeling on this weekend's few tentatives. The shortest was 7 minutes, the rest up to 15 minutes, but yes granted, I didn't do plenty.

  14. #1554
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well I think I can answer to that. I no longer have the time (and motivation) to do endgame stuff as I did 5-10 years ago in various games (mostly WoW), and Lost Ark is good enough for that - Chaos Dungeons, Guardian Raids, Islands, Ghost Ships and all the other transversal content take up a substantial amount of time. Of course, I think no one sane enough is doing Chaos Dungeons 24/7, but when you play one hour a day during the weekdays, doing the "daily tasks" already suck up a good amount of time.
    Hm, why do you care about gear progression then? It's kinda backwards to expect gear progression but also not be required to put any time in for it. This game is one of the very few mmorpgs out there that have plenty (too many) of horizontal progression.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I mean, a lot of T3 players don't know what they are doing either
    I don't really agree. It's a completely different mindset from old content to current endgame. No one gives a crap about being good in old content. They just wanna get to endgame. I did say that t3 also has bad players, that's just going to be in any multiplayer game though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I find it weird about lack of options for gear progression is an issue lol. If you ask me, it's people's obsession with ilv and gear that's the issue. I get rejected left and right for not having 3333 engravings, an optimal card set, and lv 5 gems, for argos. Like what even the fuck? It's piss easy content, gear doesn't carry. It's really annoying.

    And yes, I've been in groups with 1385 ilv people doing p1 and can't do small pizza properly.

    This isn't an issue with the game though, same crap happens in wow.

    Btw, the reason this annoys me is cuz it has forced me to use pheons to get the accessories that allow me to get the good engravings and good secondary stats. I previously had 33 with the right secondary stat. Should be good enough for argos. I haven't gotten good drops at all so what can I do about that other than using pheons for gear that's going to be replaced soon. And then we get to alts, am I gunna have to do the same thing? I'm not looking forward to finding out.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-04-24 at 10:10 PM.

  15. #1555
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Hm, why do you care about gear progression then? It's kinda backwards to expect gear progression but also not be required to put any time in for it. This game is one of the very few mmorpgs out there that have plenty (too many) of horizontal progression.
    I don't care about gear in the sense that I don't aim at having optimal stuff with perfect engravings + gems and top ilvl world. But being "capped" means that it's mostly worthless to run a good chunk of the "casual content" that exists (Daily Chaos Dungeons and Guardians for example), as except for the occasional legendary engraving every 20 runs, nothing will be usable.

    I "enjoyed" that daily honing roulette, that gave a small sense of progression, even though I was gaining like 3-4 ilvl per week when some people have done 1370-1405 in the same period (and I'm sure some Glaiviers are already 1400+ haha).

    Edit: also to add that in a game without real transmog, it's important to not look like a moron, which I do today with the T3 basic stuff, so as long as the shop doesn't include many options, getting other equipment is the only way to see your character evolve

    --

    Yesterday evening I've spent like 2 hours in a group against Seto, this one was more fun than all the other things I've done so far. We didn't kill it but we were close enough, I'll likely retry next weekend as I don't have that much time during the week.

    By the way, if you want to repair during Abyssal Dungeons, the only option is to have an active Crystalline Aura, right ?
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-04-25 at 05:11 AM.

  16. #1556
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post


    I don't really agree. It's a completely different mindset from old content to current endgame. No one gives a crap about being good in old content. They just wanna get to endgame. I did say that t3 also has bad players, that's just going to be in any multiplayer game though.
    But... that means you agree?
    When I do Ignex..ion(?) with my support alts, I can't believe how many people don't know how to stack up properly.
    Playing a Bard in random matchmaking is really annoying, even in T3, because people don't understand how that class works.
    They spread out, they don't stack up, they don't use the healing circle when I offer it to *them* and run out of it - and since they run out of it, it doesn't "proc" the heal at the end until they are so far away that they aren't in range anymore.
    Etc. etc.

    In the dungeons as well. They just tunnel the boss, triggering the big fat explosion from the 2nd Dungeon 1st boss for example.
    Or keep tunneling on the 1st Boss in the 1st Dungeon even if he is already at max-stacks and another stack would wipe the group.
    They don't soak up a purple-mist debuff either. Although I could understand why they wouldn't as it is not really necessary, but they don't do it for a completely different reason.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I find it weird about lack of options for gear progression is an issue lol. If you ask me, it's people's obsession with ilv and gear that's the issue. I get rejected left and right for not having 3333 engravings, an optimal card set, and lv 5 gems, for argos. Like what even the fuck? It's piss easy content, gear doesn't carry. It's really annoying.

    And yes, I've been in groups with 1385 ilv people doing p1 and can't do small pizza properly.

    This isn't an issue with the game though, same crap happens in wow.

    Btw, the reason this annoys me is cuz it has forced me to use pheons to get the accessories that allow me to get the good engravings and good secondary stats. I previously had 33 with the right secondary stat. Should be good enough for argos. I haven't gotten good drops at all so what can I do about that other than using pheons for gear that's going to be replaced soon. And then we get to alts, am I gunna have to do the same thing? I'm not looking forward to finding out.
    I mean, all you need is a 6-6 ability stone for 3-3.
    You get your class engraving to 3 by default from the dungeon.
    So 3-3-3 is the minimum and if you invest a litte bit of gold in the AH you can easily have 3-3-3-1 or 2.... or at the very least 3-3-3 from it.
    But people are dumb, I wouldn't be suprised if they are looking for ilvl 1450 for P1 Argos even though it means nothing.
    I just don't even bother to do "endgame"-content with randoms, they aren't worth it. I'd rather wait another months before my guildmates get there or something.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-04-25 at 05:57 AM.

  17. #1557
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    But... that means you agree?
    When I do Ignex..ion(?) with my support alts, I can't believe how many people don't know how to stack up properly.
    Playing a Bard in random matchmaking is really annoying, even in T3, because people don't understand how that class works.
    They spread out, they don't stack up, they don't use the healing circle when I offer it to *them* and run out of it - and since they run out of it, it doesn't "proc" the heal at the end until they are so far away that they aren't in range anymore.
    Etc. etc.

    In the dungeons as well. They just tunnel the boss, triggering the big fat explosion from the 2nd Dungeon 1st boss for example.
    Or keep tunneling on the 1st Boss in the 1st Dungeon even if he is already at max-stacks and another stack would wipe the group.
    They don't soak up a purple-mist debuff either. Although I could understand why they wouldn't as it is not really necessary, but they don't do it for a completely different reason.
    No I meant it as in, t1 and t2 literally never has any good runs. GRs take 15 min all the damn fcking time. I regularly get 4-5 min runs in t3 grs and i haven't had a wipefest in any abyss dungeons yet.

    t1 abyss dungeons are an absolute nightmare if there's no t3 carrying. t2 abyss dungeons, no one ever does it correct especially the 1st one. I just don't bother doing that one anymore. The 50g or w/e isn't worth it.


    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I mean, all you need is a 6-6 ability stone for 3-3.
    You get your class engraving to 3 by default from the dungeon.
    So 3-3-3 is the minimum and if you invest a litte bit of gold in the AH you can easily have 3-3-3-1 or 2.... or at the very least 3-3-3 from it.
    But people are dumb, I wouldn't be suprised if they are looking for ilvl 1450 for P1 Argos even though it means nothing.
    I just don't even bother to do "endgame"-content with randoms, they aren't worth it. I'd rather wait another months before my guildmates get there or something.
    333 isn't the minimum for Argos. Argos is literally just an entry level raid for people to get a feel for the game. The requirements got artificially inflated by the player base that's full of players who rmted.

    What I mean by that (if you didn't understand) is that there's always players in group finder looking for groups who have 333 and even 3333. They're everywhere. So why would anyone take the person who is only 33.

  18. #1558
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    No I meant it as in, t1 and t2 literally never has any good runs. GRs take 15 min all the damn fcking time. I regularly get 4-5 min runs in t3 grs and i haven't had a wipefest in any abyss dungeons yet.

    t1 abyss dungeons are an absolute nightmare if there's no t3 carrying. t2 abyss dungeons, no one ever does it correct especially the 1st one. I just don't bother doing that one anymore. The 50g or w/e isn't worth it.
    My experience was quite different. Till now, I only had good runs in the first two dungeons in T1. Granted, the second could take a bit longer if people click the wrong orb. When I was in there the first time, I did too, as I had no idea about the mechanic. After two resurrects, someone just wrote it in chat, and the next time I was in there I realized it's linked to the colour of the wave. These days I just write it myself, and I also had a run without a T3 carry, and it went smooth.

    The third T1 dungeon is different, though. I was in there in random matchmaking on the weekend for the first time. We wiped quite a lot, tried around with the mechanics, till one guy asked his brother (who already knew the fights roughly) and just wrote a bit in the chat. Still, I found it a lot of fun to explore the mechanics and test what could work, what the one-shots are linked to etc. However, the game is terrible at communicating this ingame.

    Haven't tried the fourth T1 dungeon, yet, though. Maybe I have some time in the coming weekend.


    What annoys me a bit though, in general, is that the allowed reaction times between animation and hit seem to get shorter in higher content. Kinda annoying playing from US to EU with a constant 200-300 ping. Also losing some spells due to spikes will definitely cause some deaths in the future - e.g. on the Shadowhunter dash ability, you press it, see the animation, and it just dashes on the spot without moving forward, but the CD is on. I also tried a bit PvP, there it's more or less the same issue with the ping. Other types of MMOs (tab-targeting stuff like FF14 or WoW) are much more forgiving in that regard.

  19. #1559
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    My experience was quite different. Till now, I only had good runs in the first two dungeons in T1. Granted, the second could take a bit longer if people click the wrong orb. When I was in there the first time, I did too, as I had no idea about the mechanic. After two resurrects, someone just wrote it in chat, and the next time I was in there I realized it's linked to the colour of the wave. These days I just write it myself, and I also had a run without a T3 carry, and it went smooth.

    The third T1 dungeon is different, though. I was in there in random matchmaking on the weekend for the first time. We wiped quite a lot, tried around with the mechanics, till one guy asked his brother (who already knew the fights roughly) and just wrote a bit in the chat. Still, I found it a lot of fun to explore the mechanics and test what could work, what the one-shots are linked to etc. However, the game is terrible at communicating this ingame.

    Haven't tried the fourth T1 dungeon, yet, though. Maybe I have some time in the coming weekend.


    What annoys me a bit though, in general, is that the allowed reaction times between animation and hit seem to get shorter in higher content. Kinda annoying playing from US to EU with a constant 200-300 ping. Also losing some spells due to spikes will definitely cause some deaths in the future - e.g. on the Shadowhunter dash ability, you press it, see the animation, and it just dashes on the spot without moving forward, but the CD is on. I also tried a bit PvP, there it's more or less the same issue with the ping. Other types of MMOs (tab-targeting stuff like FF14 or WoW) are much more forgiving in that regard.
    Doing the Velganos bite mechanic with my boomer reactions is pretty much impossible.

  20. #1560
    Hah! Yes, that adds to it as well. My reaction times are also not the same as they were 15-20 years ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •