Page 81 of 98 FirstFirst ...
31
71
79
80
81
82
83
91
... LastLast
  1. #1601
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I hate being one of those but,.. is this game dying?
    There was no queue a few weeks ago.
    There was a queue of +- 1200 a week ago.
    There is an hour long queue of 4250 right now!
    They seem extremely poor at managing bots. Apparently the queue spike comes from the fact they're dynamically reducing the server capacity to combat bots - if that makes sense to anyone.
    Also the fact they only issue a 3-days ban for people who actually buy gold without taking that gold off, that definitely doesn't de-incentivize people to use their services.

    I don't have that queue problem on EUW servers - but then the problem comes from the number of active people at all. This weekend I've done a few world bosses / islands where you're 2-3 whereas there were 50 people destroying them a few weeks ago.

    Numbers are definitely going down, and their only answer was to ban VPNs (which punished probably more real players than bots).

  2. #1602
    so the game is doing New World thing now?

  3. #1603
    Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    so the game is doing New World thing now?
    Yup, pretty much.

  4. #1604
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/ne...-update-reveal

    Good stuff, aside from no PP for destroyer.
    What, he got emasculated?

  5. #1605
    Game is completely infested with bots and they'll never sort it out. It's a big piece of shit.

  6. #1606
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What, he got emasculated?
    Yup, tis unfortunate!

  7. #1607
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    They seem extremely poor at managing bots. Apparently the queue spike comes from the fact they're dynamically reducing the server capacity to combat bots - if that makes sense to anyone.
    Also the fact they only issue a 3-days ban for people who actually buy gold without taking that gold off, that definitely doesn't de-incentivize people to use their services.

    I don't have that queue problem on EUW servers - but then the problem comes from the number of active people at all. This weekend I've done a few world bosses / islands where you're 2-3 whereas there were 50 people destroying them a few weeks ago.

    Numbers are definitely going down, and their only answer was to ban VPNs (which punished probably more real players than bots).
    EU West is doomed and will be the first region to die. Honestly, they should never have put it up. All it did was trap people when they never could offer transfers across regions if needed.

  8. #1608
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    snip
    You do know its not up to amazon right, they are a publisher not the owner of the game studio, amazon have no control of lost ark as a game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  9. #1609
    Even on EUC it's really difficult to do non-solo content (like ships and Chaos Portals) outside of the main hours (few hours in the evening, and weekend afternoon). I sometimes log in during the week in the evening after work to do some rapport / stronghold. That's around 1-2 AM earliest. I've tried going into a Chaos Portal if it was coming up at the time, and last week for the first time into a Ghost Ship. Ended up either alone, or at max with 1-2 other players. Though maybe that'll get better in T3, currently I'm still in T2.

  10. #1610
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You do know its not up to amazon right, they are a publisher not the owner of the game studio, amazon have no control of lost ark as a game.
    Not everything is up to AGS, but they're also not devoid of any blame. They handle the servers and the cash shop/passes and the connections with steam.

  11. #1611
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not everything is up to AGS, but they're also not devoid of any blame. They handle the servers and the cash shop/passes and the connections with steam.
    They give the company access to servers, amazon dont manage the game on those servers thats up to the company to do that, amazon handles marketing and that stuff, nothing to actively do with the workings of the game itself.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  12. #1612
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They give the company access to servers, amazon dont manage the game on those servers thats up to the company to do that, amazon handles marketing and that stuff, nothing to actively do with the workings of the game itself.
    If you really think they're that hands off, idk what to say. They definitely manage the server issues, the restarts, etc. And they definitely have most of the say over the cash shop.

  13. #1613
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you really think they're that hands off, idk what to say. They definitely manage the server issues, the restarts, etc. And they definitely have most of the say over the cash shop.
    They only host the servers they dont do anything bar maintain the physical components, they dont manage the ingame servers at all, why would they as they are not the game developer, they are just the publisher, so you cant really blame amazon if the game has bots or wait times are too long because thats down to the developer.

    What are you on about with the cash shop, they had it in the korean and russian versions too, they dont control whats sold on it as it functions the same way as thier other versions which have nothing to do with amazon.

    A publisher will just help in some way, financially, with marketing, deals in providing servers and such but not actually anything to do with the actual game itself.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-08 at 06:18 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  14. #1614
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    EU West is doomed and will be the first region to die. Honestly, they should never have put it up. All it did was trap people when they never could offer transfers across regions if needed.
    Yeah, we’ll see in the future but I’m kinda concerned. Should have seen it coming though, but I didn’t want to be bothered by queues when i wasn’t even sure i’d stick to the game at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Even on EUC it's really difficult to do non-solo content (like ships and Chaos Portals) outside of the main hours (few hours in the evening, and weekend afternoon). I sometimes log in during the week in the evening after work to do some rapport / stronghold. That's around 1-2 AM earliest. I've tried going into a Chaos Portal if it was coming up at the time, and last week for the first time into a Ghost Ship. Ended up either alone, or at max with 1-2 other players. Though maybe that'll get better in T3, currently I'm still in T2.
    T2 is dead yes, I wouldn’t bother doing T2 ships/gates and even world bosses. T3 is still kinda active even on EUW, but you have to arrive early, two minutes later and you’re in a 3-man group with absolute 0 chances to complete it

  15. #1615
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    What are you on about with the cash shop, they had it in the korean and russian versions too, they dont control whats sold on it as it functions the same way as thier other versions which have nothing to do with amazon.
    Except they're not, there's multiple changes that AGS pushed.

    RU doesn't have KT because My.games didn't want it, they wanted people to pay.
    NA/EU doesn't have random rerolls of bet skills, doesn't have 2 separate paid auras, you can buy auras for blue crystals, and we don't have paid boosts, this is all AGS, and there is probably more.

    Don't know why you don't think publishers have any say in the game, they just don't DEVELOP it, even the CMs say that AGS/SGR are more equal partners in what comes to the game.

    If you look at any game that has a different publisher they have changes.

  16. #1616
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except they're not, there's multiple changes that AGS pushed.

    RU doesn't have KT because My.games didn't want it, they wanted people to pay.
    NA/EU doesn't have random rerolls of bet skills, doesn't have 2 separate paid auras, you can buy auras for blue crystals, and we don't have paid boosts, this is all AGS, and there is probably more.

    Don't know why you don't think publishers have any say in the game, they just don't DEVELOP it, even the CMs say that AGS/SGR are more equal partners in what comes to the game.

    If you look at any game that has a different publisher they have changes.
    Its the company that runs the game to decide what they want to do not amazon, cash shops are irrelevant anyway they are just ways to make extra money. As long as amazon get thier percentage they dont need to do anything with lost ark.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  17. #1617
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Even on EUC it's really difficult to do non-solo content (like ships and Chaos Portals) outside of the main hours (few hours in the evening, and weekend afternoon). I sometimes log in during the week in the evening after work to do some rapport / stronghold. That's around 1-2 AM earliest. I've tried going into a Chaos Portal if it was coming up at the time, and last week for the first time into a Ghost Ship. Ended up either alone, or at max with 1-2 other players. Though maybe that'll get better in T3, currently I'm still in T2.
    Wish they'd scale to the amount of participants... how does KR handle it for new players to an 'old' game when I'd imagine most already done it all and island events would be empty'ish?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-05-08 at 10:09 PM.

  18. #1618
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Wish they'd scale to the amount of participants... how does KR handle it for new players to an 'old' game when I'd imagine most already done it all and island events would be empty'ish?
    They let everyone start in Punika.
    T1+T2 does basically not exist.

    at the moment, T3 stuff is always done and you can join and do them whenever - at least on my sever.
    But honestly, I simply don't see this game lasting for that long.
    There is so little to do other than farming the daily stuff which gets tedious as half of it is simply not worth mentioning.

    Considering how many dungeons there are in T1+T2 I kinda expected to see way more in T3.
    Not sure why that's not the case.
    In my opinion 1302 - 1415 should at least have 8 dungeons. Or 4 normal and 4 hardmodes. Instead, you have 2 normal and 2 hardmodes that are basically the same. The difference between normal and hardmode is simply not worth mentioning.

    What a joke, honestly.
    Since you basically have to play 4+ characters to actually enjoy this game and not get bored to death with your "main", you are also "forced" to do and farm the shitty content so that you can actually get to a point where the "fun" content is.
    It's not like every class has a series of builds that can be switched around on a whim. You are always stuck with at most 2 viable builds (if you are lucky) and often you use mostly (50%) the same skills in those.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-09 at 06:28 AM.

  19. #1619
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except they're not, there's multiple changes that AGS pushed.

    RU doesn't have KT because My.games didn't want it, they wanted people to pay.
    NA/EU doesn't have random rerolls of bet skills, doesn't have 2 separate paid auras, you can buy auras for blue crystals, and we don't have paid boosts, this is all AGS, and there is probably more.

    Don't know why you don't think publishers have any say in the game, they just don't DEVELOP it, even the CMs say that AGS/SGR are more equal partners in what comes to the game.

    If you look at any game that has a different publisher they have changes.
    The publisher/developer relationship is that the publisher(AGS) has a stake in the cash shop and the monetization of the game. When it comes to everything else Smilegate runs the show. We've seen this again and again with the patches, it's Smilegate's show. They decide everything related to content.

  20. #1620
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The publisher/developer relationship is that the publisher(AGS) has a stake in the cash shop and the monetization of the game. When it comes to everything else Smilegate runs the show. We've seen this again and again with the patches, it's Smilegate's show. They decide everything related to content.
    I do think it's slightly more than that, smilegate wanted to push out valtan sooner but AGS had them stop.

    I think it's a unique thing though because SGR is Korean and likely doesn't have a grasp on the way Western countries consume their game and likely needs the publishers for things like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •