Page 1 of 98
... LastLast

Lightbulb Lost Ark coming to NA/EU! Smilegate to pair with Amazon Game Studios as Publisher!

From Smilegate's post - " 퍼*** 계약을 통* 자* 대표 게임* ****크를 ** 2021년까* 북미 및 유럽 *용자에게 *식 출*한*. **존 게임즈* ****크의 북미/유럽 *공적 서**를 위* **일게** RPG와 긴밀히 협력할 것을 약속했*"
    Translated by google - "Through a publishing contract, the company's flagship game, Lost Arc, will be officially released to users in North America and Europe by 2021. Amazon Games pledged to work closely with Smilegate RPG for the successful service of Lost Arc in North America/Europe."

As someone who has played a little bit on the Korean version, the game is pretty decent. I didn't do much of the end-game content, so I can't really comment on that. Leveling was pretty fun. Even at 300 latency the game play was smooth as butter. Classes are pretty neat and their abilities look bad ass. Dungeons are pretty fun and the bosses can be challenging if you've never done them before. I stopped playing because I didn't understand Korean and the translation patch the community created wasn't that great. Plus I was tired of jumping through weird loops just to play the game.
    Last edited by FrostyButt; 2020-08-22 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Great news but got any links to the source?

Hopefully it wont take too long, let's say late 2021 for them to release it in the West.
    https://www.amazongames.com/en-us/ne...-smilegate-rpg
    https://www.gamemeca.com/view.php?gid=1641549

I'm playing this game for 3 years now between KR to RU servers and it has changed much and with Season 2 features they are removing a lot of grindy useless pve content.

I can't wait for the game to be 5 years old when it first come to NA/EU and we'll be stuck with content that is also older than the other regions meanwhile the "west" publisher will make the game worse and more monetized.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I can't wait for the game to be 5 years old when it first come to NA/EU and we'll be stuck with content that is also older than the other regions meanwhile the "west" publisher will make the game worse and more monetized.
    Completely untrue, Just this month Smilegate released Season 2 content to KR and it is expected within 1-2 months will be released to RU. JP and NA/EU will get Season 2 features from day 1.

The thing about Season 2 is the Devs reworked the game from down to top literally, I mean everything has been changed every aspect the game has been reworked and it became more free to play friendly, so nothing outdated, on the contrary, you will be getting the final version of polished game.

That is why Koreans are pissed off because of the changes in S2 because it screwed up their progression and claiming they were the genie pigs for the Devs for the global release.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Completely untrue
    I'm not saying that it's what's gonna happen but it's what i've sadly come to expect from non-west games in general.

I was in beta for japanese servers and do not remember any talk about release here in Japan.
    Did I miss a mail i wonder. Not released in Japan right? I would stick to Japan until USA release then switch.

Well gonna try it out, looks cool. Just tell me, are items static? Like no rng in gear?

The thing about Season 2 is the Devs reworked the game from down to top literally, I mean everything has been changed every aspect the game has been reworked and it became more free to play friendly, so nothing outdated, on the contrary, you will be getting the final version of polished game.
    Well, it's good news then. Hope the release date is soonish.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Well gonna try it out, looks cool. Just tell me, are items static? Like no rng in gear?
    2 stats (Dexterity/Strength/Intellect/Vitality) are tied to ilvl of the piece of the gear that are fixed, rest of the secondary stats are rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, it's good news then. Hope the release date is soonish.
    According to the trend they followed in Korea, Russia and Japan, the CBT usually happens between June to July and the release in Q4.

- - - Updated - - -

These are all classes that have been released in Korea and they are the same as what we are playing in Russia except Holy Knight which is suppose to be released next month, In season 2 Korea got the additional class which is the Scouter.

Last edited by Ballistic; 2020-09-02 at 04:38 AM.

snip
    Man, it looks so awesome. And even though some classes look kind of similar, one can only appreciate the different flavors to choose from.
    Holy Knight looks particularly appealing, such a sucker for Paladin/Crusader/Holy Warrior/Knight classes. But there's so many classes I'd love to try...

So you've been playing for 3 years? Maybe you can answer some questions?

Are some classes more support oriented than others? Kind of looked like at least Bard and Holy Knight had some of that going on for them, from what I could tell. If so, are they still equally capable when built as damage dealers?

How would you say the balance is in general? Are classes reasonably close to each other in terms of capabilities? Or is there a lot of "flavor of the month" meta going on?

To my knowledge, there is cosmetics/transmog. And since it's a eastern game, I'm gonna go ahead and guess there's a whole lot of fancy/silly outfits and such (no offense to anyone who's into that). But is there also some options for armor sets, stuff akin of medieval or more classic armor, that not super over the top?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Man, it looks so awesome. And even though some classes look kind of similar, one can only appreciate the different flavors to choose from.
    Holy Knight looks particularly appealing, such a sucker for Paladin/Crusader/Holy Warrior/Knight classes. But there's so many classes I'd love to try...
    Holy Knight is love, Koreans love that class so much and hate him in same time LOL, to give you fun fact any pvp tournament happens in Korea they have one 1 class to ban from the tournament, Holy Knight is always the selected class to be banned he is freaking OP in pvp and if you are a sucker for pvp you are going to enjoy him a lot.

Are some classes more support oriented than others? Kind of looked like at least Bard and Holy Knight had some of that going on for them, from what I could tell. If so, are they still equally capable when built as damage dealers?
    classes who are considered support but they still do a good amount of dps but less than rest : Warlord, Bard, Holy Knight

playing any of these support classes makes you very favorable in raids and dungeons, if you are skilled enough and know your class very well you will shine in raids.

The rest of the classes varies in dps compared to each other, the game doesn't offer dps meters and Smilegate insists to not implement one in the game. I remember the early days of the release of the game in Korea when I was playing most of Koreans were requesting dps meter but Devs reply was they don't want classes to be excluded from parties because they do less dmg than other classes (when I'm talking about less I mean like 5% to 10% less not like massively weak)

How would you say the balance is in general? Are classes reasonably close to each other in terms of capabilities? Or is there a lot of "flavor of the month" meta going on?
    Balance patches are out of the equation for Global release for one major reason, once class being released in KR that either OP or weak they get tweaked before it reaches the rest of the regions. For Example, Demonic was released OP beyond imagining in KR in terms of PVE/PVP but she got patched out and they do still great DPS and control in PVP when it was shipped to Russia we received the balanced version. So in Global release, we will be receiving the most balanced version of the classes.

I'm not into pvp but I'm happy to tell you that all gear are equalized in pvp that means someone just reached lvl 50 with green gear still can beat the shit out of someone in high end pve content in arena, they equally have same stats once they are in arena. It is all about your pvp skills and fast reactions.

To my knowledge, there is cosmetics/transmog. And since it's a eastern game, I'm gonna go ahead and guess there's a whole lot of fancy/silly outfits and such (no offense to anyone who's into that). But is there also some options for armor sets, stuff akin of medieval or more classic armor, that not super over the top?
    Correct, there are some funny looking avatars, others look badass. Avatars can be purchased from cash shop or rng drop from dungeons or reaching exalted with certain NPCs.

Season 2 trailer featuring the new continent and a new subclass under Assassin class Reaper (coming in Sep 2020):

Last edited by Ballistic; 2020-09-02 at 08:12 AM.

2 stats (Dexterity/Strength/Intellect/Vitality) are tied to ilvl of the piece of the gear that are fixed, rest of the secondary stats are rng.
    Nice, how many secondary stats are there?

I absolutely hate braindead gear that wow has. How is the crafting?
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-09-05 at 05:21 AM.

Scouter.

Fuck that drone class looks amazing.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Looking forward to this, Lost Ark can be amazing if Amazon decides to keep all that p2w shit out of the game. And I'm happy we got a proper publisher like this, I imagine they want the MMO fans to their platform before New World

Eh not sure how to feel about this as Smilegate also made Epic Seven which has some of the most insane imbalance I have ever seen in a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great news!
    I played Lost Ark for months in Russia.
    It was one of the greatest experiences i had and i stopped because i didnt want to spoil to much.
    Dungeons are fun and sometimes hard, grind is cool with nice atmosphere and the islands/boats are also fun af.
    Everyone blowing their horns when the Island appears.
    Will be buying the super-golden-pre-order-mega-edition when it is possible.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Nice, how many secondary stats are there?
    Crit: self-explained
    Specialty: increase the dmg done by your abilities.
    Agility: Increase your attack speed, movement speed, and lower the CD of your ability.
    Proficiency: Increase CC duration and increase the duration of abnormal effects on target.
    Subdue: CCed target receive additional dmg while CC
    Endurance: increase Physical/magical/ shield effect.

you get 2 secondary stats on every piece of gear, usually players who raid like us either go agility/crit build or specialty/crit build but that is the case in S1 because we are able to reroll the stats on gear but it will be rng in S2. but I saw some Koreans able to get lucky gear drops to get the preferred stats so it is still possible.

How is the crafting?
    Crafting gear was something in S1 up to certain ilvl but it was subpar gear compared to raiding gear, pvp gear so Smilegate stopped implementing more crafted gear. Crafting now only elemental (fire, earth cold, whirlwind....etc) bombs, healing potions, flares to locate the location of the bosses, and many many cool potions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Fuck that drone class looks amazing.
    The game has 18 classes including the Reaper that is coming end of this month, still planned to add at least 4-8 more classes, btw all these classes are completely unique you can't play 2 classes and say they look both same so it is a very enjoyable experience when every time you try a new class.

- - - Updated - - -

The game has 18 classes including the Reaper that is coming end of this month, still planned to add at least 4-8 more classes, btw all these classes are completely unique you can't play 2 classes and say they look both same so it is a very enjoyable experience when every time you try a new class.
    Watched the all classes video and that drone class still looks like the most epic really dig the sound design too.
    Do you hear the voices too?

btw in all classes video last ability is identity ability for every class, called awakening skill ..it is like Ulti. These are the second ulti for every class also: