Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    'm not being vague, are there lootboxes or not?
    No, there aren't, excluding the card box (which as stated above is just a noob trap).

The point is that we really don't know of Amazon wants to change that. So far KR and RU have the same stuff in the shop just different prices.

And generally shopping isn't that profitable until you're willing to dump loads of money to craft legendary costumes to then sell for gold. While these give stats it's a) a negligible amount and b) you can farm gold and buy one by playing (albeit takes some time). All costumes give exactly the same stats so it's just a matter of preference.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    No, there aren't, excluding the card box (which as stated above is just a noob trap).

The point is that we really don't know of Amazon wants to change that. So far KR and RU have the same stuff in the shop just different prices.

And generally shopping isn't that profitable until you're willing to dump loads of money to craft legendary costumes to then sell for gold. While these give stats it's a) a negligible amount and b) you can farm gold and buy one by playing (albeit takes some time). All costumes give exactly the same stats so it's just a matter of preference.
    Yeah I've read comments that it's actually pretty easy to play for free, but this was based on comments by Korean players, so I tend to take those with a grain of salt, because comparatively, usually it's still P2W from a Western pov.

I've heard it's all about leveling alts. As long as the minor costume bonuses aren't required on all alts, to get a higher SUM of stats, I guess it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Yeah I've read comments that it's actually pretty easy to play for free, but this was based on comments by Korean players, so I tend to take those with a grain of salt, because comparatively, usually it's still P2W from a Western pov.

I've heard it's all about leveling alts. As long as the minor costume bonuses aren't required on all alts, to get a higher SUM of stats, I guess it's fine.
    Actually, that's the exact reason why Lost Ark is worth at least keeping an eye on. In KR it started as the standard p2w fiesta an players basically outraged, making Smilegate redo the entire thing from ground up. It is how it is now because the "standard" p2w model has grown old even for KR player. Afaik in KR the new season made so the need for alts is even less prominent, but i don't really know the details.

Basically you want alts because a) currency like gold and silver is account wide and b) some of the content can be done on multiple characters to farm more materials to funnel to a single character. However, since gold is basically what's gonna keep you from rush through content, you only have limited sources of it and you cannot really stockpile immense amounts. So, a couple alts are fine but more than that is not really needed. You can play a single character only, but if you have spare time, alts are the best idea. Given also how the world atlas is account wide and the benefits are account wide aswell.

At the beginning managing one character will be the main thing. But once it's decently geared and rolling through endgame activities (which aren't that many) there's space for alts. It all depends on how fast one expects the game progression to be. PS every time there a new tier release, there's catchup materials that will bring you easily to the new tier of gear to upgrade so you'll always have a chance to do current stuff.

From what ive seen and tried, it's a solid system. Maybe not really complicated or special but it works.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just give me some info on the damn EU BETA already, the lack of information is ridiculous and frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_Trueskills View Post
    Just give me some info on the damn EU BETA already, the lack of information is ridiculous and frustrating
    I would be surprised if we heard anything in September. With New World being pushed back to the end of September, we may not hear anything about the game until October. Amazon wants New World to succeed so badly it would be crazy of them to hold any Lost Ark testing in September. I would guess Lost Ark beta at the beginning of October and launch at the end of October.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callsignecho View Post
    I would be surprised if we heard anything in September. With New World being pushed back to the end of September, we may not hear anything about the game until October. Amazon wants New World to succeed so badly it would be crazy of them to hold any Lost Ark testing in September. I would guess Lost Ark beta at the beginning of October and launch at the end of October.
    This sounds absolutely like something they'd do..
    But that late, it would literally be like shooting themselves in the foot, and I also believe that they have some sort of contract to uphold in regards to SmileGate, to ensure proper testing and feedback, they can't just have 1 month of beta.. that would be absurd.

But damn the lack of info is pissing me off :S

I think it's mostly due to Eu/NA specific assets that Smilegate has to provide and the business model to be nailed down so it's not automagically discarded as p2w but still profitable. The game itself is already running successfully so there's not much to test gameplay wise.

The hype for the game is high though. Even if it's about the lack of news.

I think it's mostly due to Eu/NA specific assets that Smilegate has to provide and the business model to be nailed down so it's not automagically discarded as p2w but still profitable. The game itself is already running successfully so there's not much to test gameplay wise.

The hype for the game is high though. Even if it's about the lack of news.
    Smilegate just changed the ticket that insta boost an alt to lvl 50 from paying real money (although it wasn't that big a deal or expensive anyway) for it to 600 gold, that one is an example showing Smilegate improving their game in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Smilegate just changed the ticket that insta boost an alt to lvl 50 from paying real money (although it wasn't that big a deal or expensive anyway) for it to 600 gold, that one is an example showing Smilegate improving their game in the right direction.
    Yeah, they really are in touch with players, this game started as the usual koren p2w fiesta and they pulled an ARR out of it. There's a reason why it became so popular. Hope it's going to be successful here aswell - don't really care about how many people play it but more people means more profit and so more support to the game etc.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2021-09-01 at 02:54 PM.

The just tweeted that they are pushing back launch to early 2022 and that beta will be Nov 4- Nov 9. New World ruining everything as usual.
    Last edited by Callsignecho; 2021-09-01 at 04:35 PM.

The just tweeted that they are pushing back launch to early 2022 and that beta will be Nov 4- Nov 9. New World ruining everything as usual.
    Yeah, just read it. Pissed off? A little. But i'm still hyped for the game, it's been so many years now of waiting. Not getting why people is refunding their packs when we all know they're still gonna play it when it comes out and buying it again.

Doing so will only make the game less successful and won't really hurt amazon or change their behaviour.

Great more time for me to clear legion raids and get full set on my main and multiple alts, I even think we might get Sorceress in RU before NA/EU comes out.

The striker will be released 15th Sep and boosting alts to insta lvl 50 with gold in RU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    The striker will be released 15th Sep and boosting alts to insta lvl 50 with gold in RU.
    I'm really tempted to just say fuck it and play on RU servers, but reallybi don't want to spoil myself the story or anything else actually.

I'm really tempted to just say fuck it and play on RU servers, but reallybi don't want to spoil myself the story or anything else actually.
    I would recommend you to try RU right now, but for a brand new account, you might struggle through T1 & T2 since most of the community is in T3. It will be basically mind-numbing farming chaos dungeon since it is soloable to get enough mats to use jumping oils until you basically reach 1300 ilvl which is the entry ilvl for T3.

The problem is when you are branding new account you have no engravings learned, skill runes are missing, fewer skill points than rest ....etc. you might even find it hard to join premade groups to do daily content which might frustrate you a bit, because gold and all I mentioned are snowball effect comes with time unless you drop a hefty amount of real money to catch up with everyone. believe me, I'm not discouraging you at all I'm just giving you facts of what I'm experiencing every day but since NA/EU release is not on the horizon you can do that with a bit of guidance from the western players in RU, try to join NA/EU guild and they will carry and help you if you want.

In terms of story, you aren't missing much, because the translation of cutscenes is a bit off and even sometimes I don't know what is happening but because you will try brand new account always the first character can't skip cutscenes of the story.

Add me on Discord any question about anything in the game (except pvp I have a general idea of it but I don't do it) I can answer since I play it for almost 3 years now and trying the game in RU right now will exercise you of how to play the game with 0 real money to spend which is most of the players will struggle in NA/EU when they try next year because they don't know 100% aspects of the pve game.

Nomad#6499

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a shame amazon is pushing back the release of a finished game to promote the release of their own unfinished game.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

The wait is killing me, game looks so fucking amazing.

If only scouter and Lancer was in at the start but i understand they gotta keep some sweet classes for later. Mmm Arcana too so pretty much the 3 classes i wanted to roll lol, still have demon hunter or whatever the western release name is though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Striker class will drop 15th Sep coming with story express event and akrasia express event as well if anyone interested trying him out or different class.

rewards for finishing each main story quest:

Special reward reaching ilvl 1302 and completing the story express:

and akrasia express rewards for each tier of ilvl from 1302 up to 1415:

and its special reward reaching 1415:

mail.ru removed gold boost from the patch today because they said it will risk having many bots using it when it is actually reducing their profit of players using cash shop boost, if this shit scenario happened in NA/EU and Amazon used the same reason players will go berserk.

Imagine the Korean version of the game is more free-player friendly than what we are experiencing here, the world is upside down rn.

Short question:

are there helmets in this game... or just weird costume hats?
    I'm having trouble to find armor sets for classes. Pretty sure you can hide the helmet etc. and I have seen helmets warriors in full armor.
    But I wanted to see how the Paladin looks... and I can't even find pictures of it with a hood