Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched a tier list video and the guy included classes not available in NA and one of them used a spear. Man that one looked dope, I might main that when it comes to the west. On the other hand, the UI and the font they use for text looks so cheap and unprofessional.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I watched a tier list video and the guy included classes not available in NA and one of them used a spear. Man that one looked dope, I might main that when it comes to the west. On the other hand, the UI and the font they use for text looks so cheap and unprofessional.
    Smilegate said in an interview that we could expect 7 new classes/the 7 missing within 2 months, but no later than 3.
    So we might see them fairly soon.

But seriously, dont delve in to tier lists when it comes to classes in this game, they are fairly balanced and stacking one class because some tier list said it's good means you miss out on a lot of shit and buffs/debuffs that would give a higher total group damage.

Tried it out, couldn't stomach finishing the prologue, the combat was alright but literally everything else feels ripped out of your typical p2w mobile rpg down to the shop icon with a red dot in the corner.

Genuinely don't get it. Played it for 2 and a half hours and found nothing special about it. It wasn't bad or anything, but it feels like a 5 year old mobile game... I just don't understand the hype.

So, after playing for ~40 hours...

Leveling is just so god damn awful:

2.5D world. It's literally a series of tubes. And it feels like you're squeezed through that tube. Going from quest to quest is like going through a corridor. 3D world like in WoW makes you feel like you're traveling somewhere, it's such a small thing - being able to get to quest from any angle instead of sliding one tube - but it's huge. Quests are linear AF too. They appear one by one. WTF. After rising tons of alts on WoW through the years - I don't mind questing. But on Lost Ark - no way I'm leveling another character. No fucking way.

Pacing. Pacing is fuuuuuuucked. Royally fucked. You start at level 10 with 6 abilities - what? Then you get into progressing - clear an area, clear a dungeon, get some skill points, get new gear. Then you hit level 50 in that China continent and game just grinds to a halt. You stop progressing - no new skill points, no gear, all you can do is take one quest after another going through a tube. This was the point when I wanted to quit. And then, you complete 5 quests in Vern - boom everything unlocks at once. Tons and tons of shit unlocks all at once. Pacing is fucked.

---

Islands. They are fun. Little out of place experiences. Love them. Just went to a Reverly Row island, completed Una's task there to hand out cocktails, co-op event to dance started. Had a great time. Music was nice too.

PvP. Oh my god. Oh my god. This is what will keep me playing. It's so much fun. Diablo 3 could have been this if Blizzard was competent. Also, don't believe fanboy lies about "lost ark is not p2w, pvp is normalized" - yeah in the open world it's not normalized. At all. Prepare to get screwed later in game when you will want to complete some quests.

Dungeons - they are fun. It's because it's fun to pulverize tons of mobs with over the top looking skills.

Casual content - there's so much of it. I will be collecting shit for years between PvP matches.

Design - oh it's Korean. Smilegate remind me of another Korean company - Hyundai. Like, Hyundais have nothing individual. No design language. They just steal some bits of various other cars and try to make it work. Same with Smilegate - they even added Warhammer marines. Lost Ark is like Hyundai i30n - cheap soulless mash of stolen ideas, but does put a smile on my face.

---

Overall - if players won't quit during fucked up leveling experience, they will most likely stay, because there's stuff for a lot of different people, and way more to come.
    Last edited by ldev; 2022-02-12 at 01:06 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    Smilegate said in an interview that we could expect 7 new classes/the 7 missing within 2 months, but no later than 3.
    So we might see them fairly soon.

But seriously, dont delve in to tier lists when it comes to classes in this game, they are fairly balanced and stacking one class because some tier list said it's good means you miss out on a lot of shit and buffs/debuffs that would give a higher total group damage.
    I played Hunter in WoW and Bard in FF14 (until recently), I'm definitely not a metaslave, but I'm still curious about what's desired in the meta. I went with Sharpshooter anyways, because as you can probably guess from the classes I play in other MMOs, I really like archers.

I've made characters for Artillerist, Sorceress, Shadowhunter, Gunlancer and Wardancer. Still not sure which I like more and want to "main"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    I've made characters for Artillerist, Sorceress, Shadowhunter, Gunlancer and Wardancer. Still not sure which I like more and want to "main"
    My advice, go on youtube and look for vid's on how each one plays using their class engravings at level 50. Each class has 2 class specific engravings that can change up the playstyle quite a bit, and then save any class specific engraving bags you pick up until you are sure what you want to main.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    My advice, go on youtube and look for vid's on how each one plays using their class engravings at level 50. Each class has 2 class specific engravings that can change up the playstyle quite a bit, and then save any class specific engraving bags you pick up until you are sure what you want to main.
    Ok. I've watch overviews of each of them, but not specific builds. I'll do that. Thanks.

Christ, queue of 5k, and 10 minutes it's only gone down by 200...

People that paid should get priority queuing over the players playing for free tbh. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    Loving the Artillerist, just they require things to stay still.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    No, they shouldn't.
    Don't see why not, be tied to the Crystalline Aura perks that's pretty much a subscription.

I made it past the tutorial and genuinely was not motivated to continue any further.

The fact that there's no male casters despite the game having major NPCs in this exact role is kind of aggravating and dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    server overloaded and i'm @ queue pos 477 =)
    love WoWarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I made it past the tutorial and genuinely was not motivated to continue any further.

The fact that there's no male casters despite the game having major NPCs in this exact role is kind of aggravating and dumb
    I have made it to a similar place past the part where the demons take over the town and try to take the tablet. It seems like a decent game but I don't love it. The combat doesn't feel that great. I hate all the way the characters look too pretty like in most JRPG's.
    WOW has a much better choice of classes and races to play.
    I think I will enjoy diablo 4 a lot more than Lost Ark.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2022-02-12 at 05:20 PM.

I made a video (UwU) for everyone interested in Soulfist PvP
    Is a opener for PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Christ, queue of 5k, and 10 minutes it's only gone down by 200...

People that paid should get priority queuing over the players playing for free tbh. :|

Loving the Artillerist, just they require things to stay still.
    Why on earth would you pay for a free game?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why on earth would you pay for a free game?
    Because if you actually play the game, and enjoy it, then you should support the company putting money and effort into it .
    Granted, I don't think anyone should have any priority over anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    Because if you actually play the game, and enjoy it, then you should support the company putting money and effort into it .
    Granted, I don't think anyone should have any priority over anyone else.
    Supporting such a business model in a MMORPG? Oh my. Are you a fan of in-app purchases on mobile?
    Hi

I can't get over the controls. I guess i'm too used to movement with WASD and i never liked point click for movement in games. I've also tried to play with a controller and it does get better in terms of movement but not so much when using skills. I know that this is a very personal issue and if i put the effort i'll probably get used to it, but i'm too old to change the way i like to play an MMORPG, specially when there is no reason to not have it as an option when the way WASD movement would work is essentially the way it works with the controller.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    So, after playing for ~40 hours...

Leveling is just so god damn awful:

2.5D world. It's literally a series of tubes. And it feels like you're squeezed through that tube. Going from quest to quest is like going through a corridor. 3D world like in WoW makes you feel like you're traveling somewhere, it's such a small thing - being able to get to quest from any angle instead of sliding one tube - but it's huge. Quests are linear AF too. They appear one by one. WTF. After rising tons of alts on WoW through the years - I don't mind questing. But on Lost Ark - no way I'm leveling another character. No fucking way.
    Yeah, I keep wondering if I'm doing something wrong because it's like...I walk to a guy, walk to another guy, walk to some other guy, and when there's combat I just press any one of my 8 buttons at random and everything is dead. Doesn't seem to matter which button it is, or which class I'm on, they're all "Fuck up every enemy within 50 yards of you."

I guess if I get higher level that'll improve, but for now I'm just really bored.