Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Imagine comparing p2w shitty mobile games to Lost Ark...
    If the end content will be good i will happily give them even more money to support their work.

I do the same thing... too many people to report.
    Considering how the Lost Ark store is, it's quite comparable to say, Clash of Clans. Pay for convenience.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Considering how the Lost Ark store is, it's quite comparable to say, Clash of Clans. Pay for convenience.
    To me, the store seems to offer similar things to WoW's store. Skins, pets, mounts, gold, boosts, and character services.

End game is much more enjoyable than the leveling process, and you get two powerpasses once you get through Vern, so I don't see myself leveling again for a long time. Just use the two alts to feed my mains progression and thats enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    To be fair, they do sell character power-boosting items in the store. They are small admittedly but still exist and are being sold.

This doesn't me at all. I don't give a shit if a game is fully P2W. There are things that ultimately make your character stronger for sale in LA.

Also, I'm still mad that someone took my favorite character name in Lost Ark. I've literally never had that name taken in any game I've ever played, ever. And for the first time, someone nabbed it. Not telling what it is, but it's definitely not remotely common as evidenced by it never being taken.

Thankfully I've got a few backup names that work but like...fuck man, I'm kinda sad about this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, I'm still mad that someone took my favorite character name in Lost Ark. I've literally never had that name taken in any game I've ever played, ever. And for the first time, someone nabbed it. Not telling what it is, but it's definitely not remotely common as evidenced by it never being taken.

Thankfully I've got a few backup names that work but like...fuck man, I'm kinda sad about this shit.
    I couldn't even use the nickname I've used since the 90s because it contains "Beer" in it... hmph!

I thank my AMD 5800x and my Samsung NVMe I was unpacking the game on steam and I was done in less than a min and all the streamers and rest got stuck in that unpacking bug, I was like the first one to create Character on Kadan EU and all the names for my 10 characters were available since no one was able to log in yet. I even get comments in general chat about how the fuck I was able to snatch good names like these before anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I thank my AMD 5800x and my Samsung NVMe I was unpacking the game on steam and I was done in less than a min and all the streamers and rest got stuck in that unpacking bug, I was like the first one to create Character on Kadan EU and all the names for my 10 characters were available since no one was able to log in yet. I even get comments in general chat about how the fuck I was able to snatch good names like these before anyone else.
    No one that I know had that bug in EU. I think mostly NA had it. Servers were struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    apparently you can get an alt to 50 in 8 hours by paying gold

https://lostarkive.com/guides/beginn...t-in-lost-ark/
    The person that wrote that has no fucking clue what they referenced.
    The power pass is an item given to all players free of charge to boost a char to 50 (two are provided). Knowledge transfer is a system that lets you pay gold to auto-complete certain continent quest chains that you've already completed on your main. You still need to have the correct item level to even be able to use this function.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2022-02-13 at 05:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gave in, finally installed it today. Been playing most of the day. Enjoying Bard so far.

Graphically its super pretty. Gameplay isnt too bad so far. VERY Curious why it feels like they completely cut stuff from the game, namely "1-10". Experience seems to be just summed up in a 3min video before you talk to Booba Lady and pick your Advanced Class.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

So I have a level 22 Paladin and a level 16 Demonblade, and the game is fun, but not something I can get totally lost in like I used to with WoW.

I do like the crazy fast attacks movement in battle, it's pretty hardcore action.

But the zones seem rather small, and it's a game on rails, not really open world. And the mobs of enemies in the zones are pretty brain dead. So I'm not sure the longevity of this game for me. But I did play a fair amount today, I am slightly addicted to it LOL But how long will this last? Seems like once I reach 50 on both characters and run some dungeons, the burn in will hit quick.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So far, I'm enjoying the game enough to have spent about 8 hours playing today. Only about 10 of which were in a queue.

The biggest drawback is that's it's F2P, and as such attracts every piece of shit gamer out there. I don't need rampant racism and/or holocaust jokes in the games I play. Area chat might as well be unmoderated Twitch chat.

I'm pretty sure I saw a setting with regards to the AFK timer. Not 100% sure, though.
    I was on for about 5 hours and enjoying it, luckily chat was not very toxic on the server I'm on.

I totally get the appeal of Korean MMORPGs

Is a combo of "Pretty" + "flashy animation" + "action gameplay" + "Customization"

The thing is...ive been on MMO-C for 10 years and i know people here are nothing like me!
    They are not what i like to call "Gameplay nerds"

When im able to login on Lost Ark...i feel ORGASMIC just watching my character flashy animations and by pressing buttons.

YOU probably feel static and emotionless when you are pressing abilities in Lost Ark...and you may end up asking yourself while you play it "where is the fun in this?"
    Not me though
    Every combo of ability presses and flashy animations gives me a hard pump of dopamine to my brain (>_<) roflmao, i dont know why

And when that gets old...make a new class...and get a hard pump of new dopamine gains

After playing this for a bit... It's isometric Tera. Nothing more, nothing less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    I totally get the appeal of Korean MMORPGs

Is a combo of "Pretty" + "flashy animation" + "action gameplay" + "Customization"

The thing is...ive been on MMO-C for 10 years and i know people here are nothing like me!
    They are not what i like to call "Gameplay nerds"

When im able to login on Lost Ark...i feel ORGASMIC just watching my character flashy animations and by pressing buttons.

YOU probably feel static and emotionless when you are pressing abilities in Lost Ark...and you may end up asking yourself while you play it "where is the fun in this?"
    Not me though
    Every combo of ability presses and flashy animations gives me a hard pump of dopamine to my brain (>_<) roflmao, i dont know why

And when that gets old...make a new class...and get a hard pump of new dopamine gains
    Because brain like flashy lights, pretty colors and nice sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I've been using Justank as a handle since 2005 or so, and I'm almost always able to get it. It's not completely unique, but uncommon enough that as long as I'm not years late to the game it's available.

However. Back in ~2009 I moved cross country and changed banks to Wells Fargo, and attempted to use Justank as the login for the online bank account. It was taken, and to this day I still wonder about who that person was.

are names global or something? like with New World? because it feels like it.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    are names global or something? like with New World? because it feels like it.
    They are region wide :3

Ive been picking "Love" related names recently.
    Failed to grab Lovely so grabbed Lovelie instead.
    Also grabbed Loveisreal.

Im trying my best to be cute person now (UwU)

Just started and I'm already having reservations just off the boat. WTF is the little old dude creature thing and why does he have a youthful face? Also why are there two crystals in the shop and why do you exchange one for the other? Also why bother voicing a quest if you only voice the first line?

do rotations change later on? because I've tried it last night and it's just pressing all the buttons and it's all pretty and yeah but feels random

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    do rotations change later on? because I've tried it last night and it's just pressing all the buttons and it's all pretty and yeah but feels random
    Depends on a class, some are just brainless spam and some are very precise.