Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    It sounds a lot more like you played a metric ton of time, got multiple characters to T3 then parked them each while you did your main. Hence the "weeklies" plural reference and such. Then you want to represent each alt as, "Look, I did it in just one week!" when you funneled to each of them. (Maybe you even got the honing buff from your main first.)

Because otherwise the math just doesn't check out. There's just not enough mats coming in within the span of a single week to do it "raw" on a character, which is what you were heavily suggesting at first.
    His statement is completely nuts.

Honor Shards are not really a problem but 1340-1370 in a week... lmao. If you don't buy from the market, it's simply not possible.
    There are certainly *not* enough guardian shards available to do that.
    The weekly reset is giving a good boost, but after that, you are dependent on lucky upgrades.

For example, the daily chaos dungeons and guardian dailies are like 1-2 upgrade chances at most per character. And unless you really invest *alot* of time into the game, you won't have more than 2-3 characters at T3 anyway.
    And you need like 7+++ upgrades on average per item to go from 1360-1370.

The books certainly helped the most but I had to use like 3-5 books per upgrade as well.

Using Mari's shop is basically saying you need to spend gold to get what you want anyway. So I don't even get it. Obviously it's "easy" when you just buy stuff.

Right now, with the 2 events up and the general increase from last week, it's "okay" I'd say.
    Last edited by DodgeHellcat; 2022-03-31 at 06:47 AM.

I've seen that shit also somewhere on a french forum, don't know if it's legit or even useful at all... Even with the events, I'll see that in years at that rhythm hehe
    (dunno what the "honing changes" mentioned refer to though)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Snip
    Interesting

But I'm suprised that this is supposedly the same ilvl?

Does the ilvl change get bigger if you go from 15 to 16 compared to 14 to 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    snip
    It was made by Saintone and he explained it more in detail on his stream. Its important to have the context and not take this at face value. If you do this, you do this in one go. Its the cheapest way to get 1415, BUT if you are doing it slowly, having this 11 weapon will hurt your damage and therefore your group. You need those +17 to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeHellcat View Post
    Interesting

But I'm suprised that this is supposedly the same ilvl?

Does the ilvl change get bigger if you go from 15 to 16 compared to 14 to 15?

They could still add a tier 4 easily.
    Also the post was kind of april 1st perhaps.

New raid only in may, original launch classes - summoner and arcana - god knows when, and no scouter.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Are these monthly patches usually at the end of the month or the beginning or middle?
    Need to get some T2 mats banked up first (especially some XP-shards) as long as they are cheap. The tower will only provide some of it.

Glaivier/Lancemaster is totally my thing.

Lancemaster and scouter was some of the classes i waited for so im happy for lancemaster.

Do we get a powerpass for that too?
    Do you hear the voices too?

I'm only interested in playing male characters, so I'm happy about Destroyer.

I'm at 1080 on my main character so I'm not yet at 'end game' and likely won't be geared up for South Vern by the time it realises. Which is fine, since I'm just sort of taking things slowly and focusing on my Deadeye alt at the moment.

Being squishier than Berserker is a bit of a culture shock but it's teaching me so much more about positioning and potion use which is a major plus.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Lancemaster and scouter was some of the classes i waited for so im happy for lancemaster.

Do we get a powerpass for that too?
    In the general updates part

GENERAL UPDATES
    South Vern and the Glaivier Advanced Class are not the only things that will arrive in April. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more release specifics, such as new log-in rewards, in-game events, skins & store updates, and (okay, we’ll spoil one now), a Feiton powerpass that provides item level 960 gear to level your new Glaivier, or any other character you’d like!

Quality of Life Improvements:

Improved co-op party play for Secret Maps: all four members can submit a map to get rewards with one run.
    Chat tab settings are shared across a player's Roster.
    Improved Book of Coordination settings: Can use skill presets, tripod level, skill runes, gems, item set effects, etc.!
    So far not disappointed by the rhythm of updates! And still plentiful of things to do beyond the vertical progression, this is something that Lost Ark is doing hella well.
    My only gripe is with the amount of arbitrary limitations everywhere (I'll need to trade gold for crystals just to increase the card slots), but I guess that's the F2P signature
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-04-05 at 09:40 AM.

Are these monthly patches usually at the end of the month or the beginning or middle?
    Need to get some T2 mats banked up first (especially some XP-shards) as long as they are cheap. The tower will only provide some of it.

Glaivier/Lancemaster is totally my thing.
    well, we really only have 1 patch to go off, but if we go off by that, I'm guessing it will be on April 14.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, I'm having a really hard time deciding on a "main" lol. My current main right now is Wardancer (only cuz it's my 1st char and so my highest geared) but man is it boring af. Gunna switch off it when I get it to 1385 and decide who I actually want to main.

I just started up deathblade and damn it's super fun. Then there's Gunslinger which I also enjoy and shadowhunter....and also now glavier. I was planning to switch to glavier as main but I'll have to try it out first.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    well, we really only have 1 patch to go off, but if we go off by that, I'm guessing it will be on April 14.
    Unfortunately I'm not holding my breathe, someone asked when it was coming and Roxx said "we'll have a date in the coming weeks"

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not holding my breathe, someone asked when it was coming and Roxx said "we'll have a date in the coming weeks"
    I personally would prefer it come later. Gives me more time to prepare. I need to push my wardancer to 1385, among other things.

Finally reached Vern the last weekend and did some endgame stuff. Chaos dungeons are fun, just annihilate legions of mobs in old-school hack and slash style. Guardian raids also seem ok, but I really wish they'd balance them better for solo play. The first more tough one was the fourth. I wiped two times on it - first try at >50% after 10 min, second try at roughly 15% after 15 min. Then I went in random, we killed it in around 12 minutes, I got MVP with over 30% group damage.

Those numbers just don't add up. It seems, the HP pools of the bosses don't take at all into account that: 1. when alone, you have to play more defensively, because the mob focuses 100% on you, whereas in a group you are more free. 2. There are more group buffs / boss debuffs when in a group, depending on the classes.

PS: Which masochist ever came up with the design of that faerie forest?
    Last edited by Frostfred; 2022-04-06 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    I personally would prefer it come later. Gives me more time to prepare. I need to push my wardancer to 1385, among other things.
    It doesn't have any vertical content, so really prepare for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm only interested in playing male characters, so I'm happy about Destroyer.

I'm at 1080 on my main character so I'm not yet at 'end game' and likely won't be geared up for South Vern by the time it realises. Which is fine, since I'm just sort of taking things slowly and focusing on my Deadeye alt at the moment.

Being squishier than Berserker is a bit of a culture shock but it's teaching me so much more about positioning and potion use which is a major plus.
    1340 is pretty easy from 1300, your success rates are high and with the T2 books you should be able to get to 1100 and do Punika relatively quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

His statement is completely nuts.

Honor Shards are not really a problem but 1340-1370 in a week... lmao. If you don't buy from the market, it's simply not possible.
    There are certainly *not* enough guardian shards available to do that.
    The weekly reset is giving a good boost, but after that, you are dependent on lucky upgrades.

For example, the daily chaos dungeons and guardian dailies are like 1-2 upgrade chances at most per character. And unless you really invest *alot* of time into the game, you won't have more than 2-3 characters at T3 anyway.
    And you need like 7+++ upgrades on average per item to go from 1360-1370.

The books certainly helped the most but I had to use like 3-5 books per upgrade as well.

Using Mari's shop is basically saying you need to spend gold to get what you want anyway. So I don't even get it. Obviously it's "easy" when you just buy stuff.

Right now, with the 2 events up and the general increase from last week, it's "okay" I'd say.
    It is possible, I have people in my guild with 5-6 tier 3 toons. They funnel insane amounts of mats to whichever toon they want to 1370. Shards are not an issue until much later.

Alts also have the option to sell unneeded mats for gold, and then buy shards for it instead. Think of it like conversion.

When people said this game is designed around alts they were not kidding, the more you have the better off you are. I only have 2 in Tier 3(one on 1400 the other at 1355) and the difference is super notable when it comes to speed I can raise vs. the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    snip

I have 3 in T3 and I don't see much of an improvement.
    The only noticeable improvement came from the books and the increased honing success chance from the stronghold for alts.
    After all 1370 -> 1400 is basically as easy as 1300 -> 1340.

1340->1370 however is an absolute slogfest and the biggest timesavers are the weekly books they added only recently.

If you have 4-6 alts in T3 however, yes... obviously it's faster. But to maintain that many characters (even if you only do it every so often and accumulate dailies) is not "easy".
    I have my hands full with 3 characters already. Unless you want to sacrifice all your other gaming "needs", you will certainly not be able to do that - or at least it shouldn't be considered "normal" or "easy" as he put it.
    Especially since both gold and even more so - silver - requires you to do delivery-dailies and queue up for dungeons that are filled with bad people not knowing what to do at all, even in T3. (and I don't mean just bad or "lower"-dps, I mean.... "ffxiv-random/low-dps how the f- did you get here"-bad). That means they take more time than you'd want to. Instead of 5m guardians, you are doing 10m guardians for example.

It's not like in T1 or T2 where you get around ~1-2k shards per day from a single character either.
    In T3, you get like 400-500 or so after doing both guardians and both chaos dungeons. At least signficantly less.
    And you already need 200-300 per upgrade attempt from 1340 to 1345 with a 30% chance (without honing increase or books) So you already average at around 5k shards for the first "set" of attempts.
    When it's going down to 15 or 10% it's obviously even worse.

Keep in mind that it doesn't "bother" me. I'm just saying it takes more time.
    I'd double it.
    Last edited by DodgeHellcat; 2022-04-07 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It doesn't have any vertical content, so really prepare for what?
    mats (for glavier) and t3 research? I ideally wanna be able to hit the t3 abyss dungeons week it releases (and get a decent ilv into t3) but I'm not confident I can do that if I don't prepare ahead of time. Better to be safe.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have an issue with alts, don't fucking queue in matchmaking. I don't understand why people are so retarded.

Big honing session today, burned all the books from the event shop and went from 1365 to 1367,5, one of the pieces went to pity. But I'm almost there, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.