Page 76 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Thanks for the responses about gold making! This week, I got my first large chest from Una's Tasks - I heard it's better to save tokens till one can buy the big one. It's a really great boost, got around 2k from it - probably almost as much as I got overall till now. So every 3 weeks 2k gold seems like a solid income. Sooner or later I may also transfer something to silver - those adventure tome items and recipes get really expensive in the later areas.

On another note: I really dislike that they sneakily made the Harmony Shards bound on character, even though they're in the currency tab with all the account-wide currencies. My main sits on a shitton now and is through with T1 (ilvl 600 now). Got my bard to Vern on the weekend, only to find that I can barely upgrade her because she has no Harmony shards.
    I will not tell you how to enjoy the game, but as a friendly advice, don't use your gold to convert into silver, its not worth it. Maybe leave the expensive cooking for later, these adventure book are not meant to be done as you progress in the zones anyway. You may come back later for that.

Aye, I know the bags are (mostly?) roster bound. But I thought the shards are as well, as they're in the currency tab with other roster-wide currencies (like pirate coins), so I just used all of them immediately on my main in the past.
    Yeah same, got a bit fucked the same way. I have plenty T1/T2 bound shit on my main that I'll never be able to use, now I've learned the lesson but I guess I'll have plenty trouble leveling alts

Regarding the Adventure items, don't worry, take your time. There is no hurry as long as you don't have completed the Rapports anyway, and some cooking things are "gated" in World Bosses' RNG, so there is no need to rush all the buyable things.
    I've started doing them last week to at least unlock all the masterpieces, adventures and skill points), I have most at 70%+ and one at 80% doing all the "easy" things (unique monsters, vistas, hidden stories, other stories, dungeons in both normal and heroic, the easy parts of cooking + the world bosses when available).
    Then Rapports will take ages to complete I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yeah same, got a bit fucked the same way. I have plenty T1/T2 bound shit on my main that I'll never be able to use, now I've learned the lesson but I guess I'll have plenty trouble leveling alts

Regarding the Adventure items, don't worry, take your time. There is no hurry as long as you don't have completed the Rapports anyway, and some cooking things are "gated" in World Bosses' RNG, so there is no need to rush all the buyable things.
    I've started doing them last week to at least unlock all the masterpieces, adventures and skill points), I have most at 70%+ and one at 80% doing all the "easy" things (unique monsters, vistas, hidden stories, other stories, dungeons in both normal and heroic, the easy parts of cooking + the world bosses when available).
    Then Rapports will take ages to complete I guess
    Good for an alt.
    Best to focus rapport on the starting zones.

Also big patch should hit this thursday.

Ah, that's awesome. I was under the impression that I got more in the second week than in the first. But the third week was the same, so I thought I just had it wrong in my memory. Good to know that it'll go up more in the future. Thanks for the info.

Aye, I know the bags are (mostly?) roster bound. But I thought the shards are as well, as they're in the currency tab with other roster-wide currencies (like pirate coins), so I just used all of them immediately on my main in the past.
    Save your gold for your private island
    NEVER use it on silver.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Good for an alt.
    Best to focus rapport on the starting zones.
    Yeah I started doing that, but after looking left and right a bit, I started to focus (as much as I can) the NPCs which award Giant Hearts for the skill points, + Nia for the second Omnium star.
    But due to my limited playtime anyway and me not wanting to spend half of it travelling left and right, I just throw my 5 interactions/songs to whichever NPC is close to where I am at the time and call it a day

I think I've also started hitting a wall in terms of alt-less progression, where I do my few daily things, fail the 3-4 honing attempts and re-try the other day. And I'm not even that high (1358), but somehow I've succeeded in failing 8 times in a row with a 20+% chance, using books and all. Can't wait to hit those 3% honing chances

I guess the high level honing will be even more frustrating for more casual players, as we won't have access to the 10% books. For some reason, they decided to prohibit us from buying them (or any higher tier honing materials, or exp potions) from these time-limited events.

I guess the high level honing will be even more frustrating for more casual players, as we won't have access to the 10% books. For some reason, they decided to prohibit us from buying them (or any higher tier honing materials, or exp potions) from these time-limited events.
    The book expires, so if you are not already in a position to use them now, buying them would have been useless. And while it sucks, I know it would have been cool to be able to buy those t3 shards/crystals and save them for later, I dont think they "decided to prohibit you" like if it was some malicious decision. Its just how everything is in the game, you cant create a fresh lvl 1, buy all the T3 available weekly for pirate coins, send to your main, delete alts and repeat forever and ever for virtually infinite mats. Those limitations are there for a reason, imagine being able to create infinite alts, and get to anguished isles, buy those 2 x 1415 crates for 2 selection legendary engraving book that are tradable. MMy guess is that this is how the system was built, to prevent what I explained, and they use the same vendor system for their events, which lead to that situation. Not some voluntary decision to punish X or Y type of players imo.

Those mats could be roster bound tho, instead of character bound, which is a different topic than the GS limitation to buy.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2022-04-20 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    The book expires, so if you are not already in a position to use them now, buying them would have been useless. And while it sucks, I know it would have been cool to be able to buy those t3 shards/crystals and save them for later, I dont think they "decided to prohibit you" like if it was some malicious decision. Its just how everything is in the game, you cant create a fresh lvl 1, buy all the T3 available in an event or with pirate coins, send to your main, delete alts and repeat forever and ever for virtually infinite mats. Those limitations are there for a reason. Imagine being able to create infinite alts, and get to anguished isles, buy those 2 x 1415 crates for 2 selection legendary engraving book that are tradable... as I said, its there for a reason.

Those mats could be roster bound tho, which is a different topic than the GS limitation to buy.
    I didn't imply it was malicious, but it definitely was a conscious decision. I get that they do it for stuff that's always available AND you can get on every character to avoid exploits, but I don't see a good reason to do it on time-limited events / once per roster purchases. Either way, for now, the events are still a nice boost in T1, and for getting some cards and other stuff.

Yeah they're a very nice boost, and as casuals don't have the time to play several chars to funnel resources to their main, they'll have to live with the terrifically low honing chances with like 4 tentatives per day.
    But we'll see, they seem to be willing to pump updates/fixes quite often and listen to feedback (to some degree), so that's something that can still evolve I guess.

All in all, it's not that dramatic either, considering the casual player also doesn't aim (and shouldn't) at being amongst the top in terms of gear level. That's just frustrating to go weeks without any meaningful update (on my side I think I went from 1355 to 1358 in one week time with a "not that bad" % chances of success...). Thankfully there is still the horizontal content which is always nice when you're stuck on the honing barrier.

Patch delayed. Oh boy, the community won't like this.

Jesus christ, 100% Artisan upgrades feel painful and bad :/.
    I wish they'd half the amount you require to get it to 100%.
    Getting my weapon from 1410 to 1415 did cost me like:

10k red stones, 200 greater leapstones,4000g, 400k silver

And I used like 12 purple chance increase stones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Jesus christ, 100% Artisan upgrades feel painful and bad :/.
    I wish they'd half the amount you require to get it to 100%.
    Getting my weapon from 1410 to 1415 did cost me like:

10k red stones, 200 greater leapstones,4000g, 400k silver

And I used like 12 purple chance increase stones as well.
    I don't mind the honing stuff, but it always felt weird to me that the same Solar Protection or whatever is called, gives you like 10% extra honing chance on early levels and gives you like 1% on the harder ones.
    They're already capped the amount you can use per honing, why go the extra step of actually nerfing it to oblivion? I always laugh when I throw in a green one and it gives a whooping 0.21% extra chance of honing.
    I started burning them early to secure the 100% (or closest possible) and go raw on the 15%. Honestly, I rather save me the headache of failing an 80% honing rather than going from 15% to 17% using 20 extra mats.

What are the odds of getting a 6/6 stone? How many stones you think it'd take on avg (on a legendary stone)?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    What are the odds of getting a 6/6 stone? How many stones you think it'd take on avg (on a legendary stone)?
    its pretty easy, the odds were posted on reddit once, i believe orange stone is like 15 or 20% chance for 6/6. somewhere around there but i cannot remember fully. it wasnt a super low chance or anything

So, I’ve finally reached 1370, and the only way to go further is to do Abyss dungeons/Raids ?

I had tried one Abyss dungeon when I reached T1 and the wipe mechanics are as awful as it can be in PUGs so I just decided this kind of content was not for me.

If that’s the only way to continue progressing, I guess I’m stuck !

I’ll probably try T3 dungeons tomorrow but I expect the same kind of shitfest as it was in T1 with those dreadful mechanics

So, I’ve finally reached 1370, and the only way to go further is to do Abyss dungeons/Raids ?

I had tried one Abyss dungeon when I reached T1 and the wipe mechanics are as awful as it can be in PUGs so I just decided this kind of content was not for me.

I’ll probably try T3 dungeons tomorrow but I expect the same kind of shitfest as it was in T1 with those dreadful mechanics
    Yes, pretty much. Abyssal dungeons are accesible to pug, same as Argos p1.

Honestly almost all mechanics in this game are idiot-checks so as long as you know what you're doing (and so does the rest) it should be fine. Other that that, I can recommend you to read Maxroll.gg guides, they helped me a lot so I didn't go in blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Yes, pretty much. Abyssal dungeons are accesible to pug, same as Argos p1.

Honestly almost all mechanics in this game are idiot-checks so as long as you know what you're doing (and so does the rest) it should be fine. Other that that, I can recommend you to read Maxroll.gg guides, they helped me a lot so I didn't go in blind.
    Yeah I've had a look at Maxroll's detailed strats, that's kinda ok on my side (difficult to say when we can't even reach the other phases or other bosses ), but every time I'm going in pugs it seems ... totally impossible. I haven't tried much of course, but I don't see myself wasting such amount of my (limited) time bashing my head against a wall... That's usually like 10-15 minutes of matchmaking for 2 tentatives, group disband and bis repetita.

I can't even find all those single-enemy encounters fun in this game. Their mechanics design is extremely obnoxious in my opinion and that's always 5-10-15 minutes of boredom doing them.
    And how am I supposed to have fun against the first boss of the first T3 abyss dungeon, when 90% of my class' abilities are staggers ? rofl

That's honestly disappointing that there isn't a leg T3 set, even a sub-par one (without the set bonuses or with lower stats/engravings), available for more casual players, allowing to continue to have some sense of progression

I can't even find all those single-enemy encounters fun in this game. Their mechanics design is extremely obnoxious in my opinion and that's always 5-10-15 minutes of boredom doing them.
    And how am I supposed to have fun against the first boss of the first T3 abyss dungeon, when 90% of my class' abilities are staggers ? rofl
    By playing the boss corectly and reducing his stacks, or when he is immune to stagger, before you do damage again?

Here's the thing. It's possible to progress in t1 up to t3 (through t2) just being bad, so the players you see there are awful. You kinda can't progress in t3 being bad so the players there tend to be better. Ofc it's still gunna be full of bad players so if you're expecting a game with player base of only good players, mmorpgs are not for you.

Another thing that's an issue is that the t1 abyss dungeons have t3 players carrying so these players probably learn nothing as they progress their gear.

- - - Updated - - -

That's honestly disappointing that there isn't a leg T3 set, even a sub-par one (without the set bonuses or with lower stats/engravings), available for more casual players, allowing to continue to have some sense of progression
    The abyss dungeons are casual content lol. Hate to say it but anyone who's struggling in t3 content, it's probably them. t1 and t2 I understand though, that stuff is full of garbage players. I know cuz I've been progressing tons of alts and it has been miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    By playing the boss corectly and reducing his stacks, or when he is immune to stagger, before you do damage again?
    Dunno, as I said I didn't have the opportunity to try it out plenty of times due to the conjonction of long matchmaking + limited playtime. In my very few tentatives nobody was really playing the grab thing, I tried it out myself (as a Mage, probably not optimal) but yet nobody was able to stagger the boss. On another try it was going... better than usual let's say, but the boss grabbed one dude and one-shotted everyone, I don't really know what happened, that doesn't seem to be listed on Maxroll so no fucking clue what happened.

I'll try that out another time next week probably, but I definitely can't enjoy those encounters where most of your activity seems to be running around the boss as I often see in vids, definitely not my cup of tea

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Ofc it's still gunna be full of bad players so if you're expecting a game with player base of only good players, mmorpgs are not for you.- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah, I know how MMORPGs are, but I somehow expect that any mode with an automatic matchmaking to be sort of feasible (not necessarily piss-easy, but feasible) without communication or even with one or two morons. But from my experience so far, one dude can very easily fuck you over very easily and that's totally infuriating - In fact I'm very sure i've been that guy at some occasions (as reading a strat/mechanics never equals trying them out ).

That's basically my problem here as a casual. You've got very very few opportunities to try something, so if in most of the cases your tentatives are screwed for whatever reason, you're just... stuck forever
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-04-24 at 05:09 PM.

I mean, a lot of T3 players don't know what they are doing either, but I wonder what anyone is even doing or looking forward to if not for the dungeons or raids.
    It's like... chaos dungeons 24/7 for what? That stuff is not really "fun"

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno, as I said I didn't have the opportunity to try it out plenty of times due to the conjonction of long matchmaking + limited playtime. In my very few tentatives nobody was really playing the grab thing, I tried it out myself (as a Mage, probably not optimal) but yet nobody was able to stagger the boss. On another try it was going... better than usual let's say, but the boss grabbed one dude and one-shotted everyone, I don't really know what happened, that doesn't seem to be listed on Maxroll so no fucking clue what happened.

I'll try that out another time next week probably, but I definitely can't enjoy those encounters where most of your activity seems to be running around the boss as I often see in vids, definitely not my cup of tea
    when he grabs one and wipes you he had too many stacks.
    As for the stagger check after the grab. Your extend of "trying" must have been a singular try then. That check is like done with a single ability or two, it's nothing even remotely comparable to what you had to do in T1/T2 dungeons

Long matchmaking times - lol?
    It's like 20 seconds.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-04-24 at 05:10 PM.