Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I mean, a lot of T3 players don't know what they are doing either, but I wonder what anyone is even doing or looking forward to if not for the dungeons or raids.
    It's like... chaos dungeons 24/7 for what? That stuff is not really "fun"
    Well I think I can answer to that. I no longer have the time (and motivation) to do endgame stuff as I did 5-10 years ago in various games (mostly WoW), and Lost Ark is good enough for that - Chaos Dungeons, Guardian Raids, Islands, Ghost Ships and all the other transversal content take up a substantial amount of time. Of course, I think no one sane enough is doing Chaos Dungeons 24/7, but when you play one hour a day during the weekdays, doing the "daily tasks" already suck up a good amount of time.

Long matchmaking times - lol?
    It's like 20 seconds.
    Well that was my feeling on this weekend's few tentatives. The shortest was 7 minutes, the rest up to 15 minutes, but yes granted, I didn't do plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Well I think I can answer to that. I no longer have the time (and motivation) to do endgame stuff as I did 5-10 years ago in various games (mostly WoW), and Lost Ark is good enough for that - Chaos Dungeons, Guardian Raids, Islands, Ghost Ships and all the other transversal content take up a substantial amount of time. Of course, I think no one sane enough is doing Chaos Dungeons 24/7, but when you play one hour a day during the weekdays, doing the "daily tasks" already suck up a good amount of time.
    Hm, why do you care about gear progression then? It's kinda backwards to expect gear progression but also not be required to put any time in for it. This game is one of the very few mmorpgs out there that have plenty (too many) of horizontal progression.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, a lot of T3 players don't know what they are doing either
    I don't really agree. It's a completely different mindset from old content to current endgame. No one gives a crap about being good in old content. They just wanna get to endgame. I did say that t3 also has bad players, that's just going to be in any multiplayer game though.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it weird about lack of options for gear progression is an issue lol. If you ask me, it's people's obsession with ilv and gear that's the issue. I get rejected left and right for not having 3333 engravings, an optimal card set, and lv 5 gems, for argos. Like what even the fuck? It's piss easy content, gear doesn't carry. It's really annoying.

And yes, I've been in groups with 1385 ilv people doing p1 and can't do small pizza properly.

This isn't an issue with the game though, same crap happens in wow.

Btw, the reason this annoys me is cuz it has forced me to use pheons to get the accessories that allow me to get the good engravings and good secondary stats. I previously had 33 with the right secondary stat. Should be good enough for argos. I haven't gotten good drops at all so what can I do about that other than using pheons for gear that's going to be replaced soon. And then we get to alts, am I gunna have to do the same thing? I'm not looking forward to finding out.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-04-24 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Hm, why do you care about gear progression then? It's kinda backwards to expect gear progression but also not be required to put any time in for it. This game is one of the very few mmorpgs out there that have plenty (too many) of horizontal progression.
    I don't care about gear in the sense that I don't aim at having optimal stuff with perfect engravings + gems and top ilvl world. But being "capped" means that it's mostly worthless to run a good chunk of the "casual content" that exists (Daily Chaos Dungeons and Guardians for example), as except for the occasional legendary engraving every 20 runs, nothing will be usable.

I "enjoyed" that daily honing roulette, that gave a small sense of progression, even though I was gaining like 3-4 ilvl per week when some people have done 1370-1405 in the same period (and I'm sure some Glaiviers are already 1400+ haha).

Edit: also to add that in a game without real transmog, it's important to not look like a moron, which I do today with the T3 basic stuff, so as long as the shop doesn't include many options, getting other equipment is the only way to see your character evolve

--

Yesterday evening I've spent like 2 hours in a group against Seto, this one was more fun than all the other things I've done so far. We didn't kill it but we were close enough, I'll likely retry next weekend as I don't have that much time during the week.

By the way, if you want to repair during Abyssal Dungeons, the only option is to have an active Crystalline Aura, right ?
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-04-25 at 05:11 AM.

I don't really agree. It's a completely different mindset from old content to current endgame. No one gives a crap about being good in old content. They just wanna get to endgame. I did say that t3 also has bad players, that's just going to be in any multiplayer game though.
    But... that means you agree?
    When I do Ignex..ion(?) with my support alts, I can't believe how many people don't know how to stack up properly.
    Playing a Bard in random matchmaking is really annoying, even in T3, because people don't understand how that class works.
    They spread out, they don't stack up, they don't use the healing circle when I offer it to *them* and run out of it - and since they run out of it, it doesn't "proc" the heal at the end until they are so far away that they aren't in range anymore.
    Etc. etc.

In the dungeons as well. They just tunnel the boss, triggering the big fat explosion from the 2nd Dungeon 1st boss for example.
    Or keep tunneling on the 1st Boss in the 1st Dungeon even if he is already at max-stacks and another stack would wipe the group.
    They don't soak up a purple-mist debuff either. Although I could understand why they wouldn't as it is not really necessary, but they don't do it for a completely different reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it weird about lack of options for gear progression is an issue lol. If you ask me, it's people's obsession with ilv and gear that's the issue. I get rejected left and right for not having 3333 engravings, an optimal card set, and lv 5 gems, for argos. Like what even the fuck? It's piss easy content, gear doesn't carry. It's really annoying.

And yes, I've been in groups with 1385 ilv people doing p1 and can't do small pizza properly.

This isn't an issue with the game though, same crap happens in wow.

Btw, the reason this annoys me is cuz it has forced me to use pheons to get the accessories that allow me to get the good engravings and good secondary stats. I previously had 33 with the right secondary stat. Should be good enough for argos. I haven't gotten good drops at all so what can I do about that other than using pheons for gear that's going to be replaced soon. And then we get to alts, am I gunna have to do the same thing? I'm not looking forward to finding out.
    I mean, all you need is a 6-6 ability stone for 3-3.
    You get your class engraving to 3 by default from the dungeon.
    So 3-3-3 is the minimum and if you invest a litte bit of gold in the AH you can easily have 3-3-3-1 or 2.... or at the very least 3-3-3 from it.
    But people are dumb, I wouldn't be suprised if they are looking for ilvl 1450 for P1 Argos even though it means nothing.
    I just don't even bother to do "endgame"-content with randoms, they aren't worth it. I'd rather wait another months before my guildmates get there or something.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-04-25 at 05:57 AM.

But... that means you agree?
    When I do Ignex..ion(?) with my support alts, I can't believe how many people don't know how to stack up properly.
    Playing a Bard in random matchmaking is really annoying, even in T3, because people don't understand how that class works.
    They spread out, they don't stack up, they don't use the healing circle when I offer it to *them* and run out of it - and since they run out of it, it doesn't "proc" the heal at the end until they are so far away that they aren't in range anymore.
    Etc. etc.

In the dungeons as well. They just tunnel the boss, triggering the big fat explosion from the 2nd Dungeon 1st boss for example.
    Or keep tunneling on the 1st Boss in the 1st Dungeon even if he is already at max-stacks and another stack would wipe the group.
    They don't soak up a purple-mist debuff either. Although I could understand why they wouldn't as it is not really necessary, but they don't do it for a completely different reason.
    No I meant it as in, t1 and t2 literally never has any good runs. GRs take 15 min all the damn fcking time. I regularly get 4-5 min runs in t3 grs and i haven't had a wipefest in any abyss dungeons yet.

t1 abyss dungeons are an absolute nightmare if there's no t3 carrying. t2 abyss dungeons, no one ever does it correct especially the 1st one. I just don't bother doing that one anymore. The 50g or w/e isn't worth it.

I mean, all you need is a 6-6 ability stone for 3-3.
    You get your class engraving to 3 by default from the dungeon.
    So 3-3-3 is the minimum and if you invest a litte bit of gold in the AH you can easily have 3-3-3-1 or 2.... or at the very least 3-3-3 from it.
    But people are dumb, I wouldn't be suprised if they are looking for ilvl 1450 for P1 Argos even though it means nothing.
    I just don't even bother to do "endgame"-content with randoms, they aren't worth it. I'd rather wait another months before my guildmates get there or something.
    333 isn't the minimum for Argos. Argos is literally just an entry level raid for people to get a feel for the game. The requirements got artificially inflated by the player base that's full of players who rmted.

What I mean by that (if you didn't understand) is that there's always players in group finder looking for groups who have 333 and even 3333. They're everywhere. So why would anyone take the person who is only 33.

No I meant it as in, t1 and t2 literally never has any good runs. GRs take 15 min all the damn fcking time. I regularly get 4-5 min runs in t3 grs and i haven't had a wipefest in any abyss dungeons yet.

t1 abyss dungeons are an absolute nightmare if there's no t3 carrying. t2 abyss dungeons, no one ever does it correct especially the 1st one. I just don't bother doing that one anymore. The 50g or w/e isn't worth it.
    My experience was quite different. Till now, I only had good runs in the first two dungeons in T1. Granted, the second could take a bit longer if people click the wrong orb. When I was in there the first time, I did too, as I had no idea about the mechanic. After two resurrects, someone just wrote it in chat, and the next time I was in there I realized it's linked to the colour of the wave. These days I just write it myself, and I also had a run without a T3 carry, and it went smooth.

The third T1 dungeon is different, though. I was in there in random matchmaking on the weekend for the first time. We wiped quite a lot, tried around with the mechanics, till one guy asked his brother (who already knew the fights roughly) and just wrote a bit in the chat. Still, I found it a lot of fun to explore the mechanics and test what could work, what the one-shots are linked to etc. However, the game is terrible at communicating this ingame.

Haven't tried the fourth T1 dungeon, yet, though. Maybe I have some time in the coming weekend.

What annoys me a bit though, in general, is that the allowed reaction times between animation and hit seem to get shorter in higher content. Kinda annoying playing from US to EU with a constant 200-300 ping. Also losing some spells due to spikes will definitely cause some deaths in the future - e.g. on the Shadowhunter dash ability, you press it, see the animation, and it just dashes on the spot without moving forward, but the CD is on. I also tried a bit PvP, there it's more or less the same issue with the ping. Other types of MMOs (tab-targeting stuff like FF14 or WoW) are much more forgiving in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    My experience was quite different. Till now, I only had good runs in the first two dungeons in T1. Granted, the second could take a bit longer if people click the wrong orb. When I was in there the first time, I did too, as I had no idea about the mechanic. After two resurrects, someone just wrote it in chat, and the next time I was in there I realized it's linked to the colour of the wave. These days I just write it myself, and I also had a run without a T3 carry, and it went smooth.

The third T1 dungeon is different, though. I was in there in random matchmaking on the weekend for the first time. We wiped quite a lot, tried around with the mechanics, till one guy asked his brother (who already knew the fights roughly) and just wrote a bit in the chat. Still, I found it a lot of fun to explore the mechanics and test what could work, what the one-shots are linked to etc. However, the game is terrible at communicating this ingame.

Haven't tried the fourth T1 dungeon, yet, though. Maybe I have some time in the coming weekend.

What annoys me a bit though, in general, is that the allowed reaction times between animation and hit seem to get shorter in higher content. Kinda annoying playing from US to EU with a constant 200-300 ping. Also losing some spells due to spikes will definitely cause some deaths in the future - e.g. on the Shadowhunter dash ability, you press it, see the animation, and it just dashes on the spot without moving forward, but the CD is on. I also tried a bit PvP, there it's more or less the same issue with the ping. Other types of MMOs (tab-targeting stuff like FF14 or WoW) are much more forgiving in that regard.
    Doing the Velganos bite mechanic with my boomer reactions is pretty much impossible.

Hah! Yes, that adds to it as well. My reaction times are also not the same as they were 15-20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    My issue that's somewhat related to this is attacks being way larger than the telegraph shows. Since there's no replay feature or anything I never figured out if it's lag or if it's just larger hitboxes than it appears. I feel like it's lag because it's not consistent. I play on west coast server (with friend) while living on east coast.

Bots,. so many that we now have a 1800+ queue on one of the low population servers.

I sure wish I had enough gold to just get 3x4 soon as I hit 1370 ilv.

I sure wish I had enough gold to just get 3x4 soon as I hit 1370 ilv.
    4x3 no, obviously with BIS stats that would cost a lot of gold, but 3x3 with BIS stats is not that expensive with Argos/Hard mode having 100% class engraving.

What is expensive is the pheon cost here, cause is sucks to spend those on alts, and it sucks even more if you have to roll multiple rock to complete the build. My alt sorc hit 1370 last week, and I bought all I needed to have 3331, with bis stats on all accessories, and it cost me around 4k, only because i scrapped 2 stones before hitting a 7/6, which was the most expensive part of all that. Obviously i play a lot, so i had a main and multiple t3 alts anyway, so i do have the 4k, but yeah, with the weekly una gold + running the hard abyss both + maybe some infinite chaos to sell some greater leapstones + might get some lucky drop on valuable accessories, I think its achievable maybe not day 1 for a first char 1370, but not that long either.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2022-04-28 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    4x3 no, obviously with BIS stats that would cost a lot of gold, but 3x3 with BIS stats is not that expensive with Argos/Hard mode having 100% class engraving.

What is expensive is the pheon cost here, cause is sucks to spend those on alts, and it sucks even more if you have to roll multiple rock to complete the build. My alt sorc hit 1370 last week, and I bought all I needed to have 3331, with bis stats on all accessories, and it cost me around 4k, only because i scrapped 2 stones before hitting a 7/6, which was the most expensive part of all that. Obviously i play a lot, so i had a main and multiple t3 alts anyway, so i do have the 4k, but yeah, with the weekly una gold + running the hard abyss both + maybe some infinite chaos to sell some greater leapstones + might get some lucky drop on valuable accessories, I think its achievable maybe not day 1 for a first char 1370, but not that long either.
    i got my 4x3 all crit reflux sorc for about 8k total, but it takes time. try and snipe auctions with lower starting bids. check AH OFTEN, i shit you not, people still dont know how to price and someone WILL throw a good piece up way too cheap. I found thurs/fri/sat/sun to be the best AH buying days (everyone running stuff after reset floods the market), later in the week things always got pricier.

make sure you set up searches and save them for quick ah viewing.

if you are bard/paladin, good luck lmfao support stuff is pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i got my 4x3 all crit reflux sorc for about 8k total, but it takes time. try and snipe auctions with lower starting bids. check AH OFTEN, i shit you not, people still dont know how to price and someone WILL throw a good piece up way too cheap. I found thurs/fri/sat/sun to be the best AH buying days (everyone running stuff after reset floods the market), later in the week things always got pricier.

Main bard here, support stuff is expensive if you go for the "bis" stuff, which it's not even worth on the current content. I'd say getting Awakening and DS to lvl 3 is a must, after that, go for whatever floats your boat. Spirit absorption is a personal favorite, plus the stones are cheap af. ATM I'm using a lvl 1 MP efficiency for 3/3/3/1 because I was going oom fairly often, but eventually I'd love to switch to Drops of Ether. That engraving is too cool to pass up for a support. Fuck expert honestly.

My main is pally yeah, good thing tho is that you are fully functional with 333. But yeah, neck were 30k ish last time i looked, and others accessory 8-10k each for 3/3 with bis stats, no way in hell i spend that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    My main is pally yeah, good thing tho is that you are fully functional with 333. But yeah, neck were 30k ish last time i looked, and others accessory 8-10k each for 3/3 with bis stats, no way in hell i spend that.
    yep 3/3/3 with proper stats should be the average players "goal". 3/3/3/3 if you are like me and just wanna pump LMAO . if you are only 3/3 and 1370+ thats just being lazy and not trying lmao

I pushed three alts to 1370 and getting 3/3/3/1 for all of them was 5-8k gold each. Shadowhunter, Paladin and Gunslinger. Correct stats. EUC prices. So 5 accessories and an ability stone. Not counting real money pheons... Ability stones were the most expensive stuff.

I mean you get 9 points for two engravings for literally free with events handing out engraving books. 6/6 stone is the most expensive part. And you should buy necklace with "correct engravings" only if you're going 3/3/3/3...

Like, my Shadowhunter has 3 keen blunt, 3 demonic impulse, 3 adrenaline and 1 hit master. Necklace was super cheap - bought it for like 600 gold, because "paladins don't want crit and judgement is meme spec". For 3/3/3/1 Shadowhunter - this is an amazing necklace that gives more spec than crit.

And this amazing high quality ring was like 300 gold, because "reflux doesn't want spec". But, again, for 3/3/3/1 Shadowhunter - this is superb ring.

So yea, if you don't have 3/3/3 - I'm not inviting you to my 1370+ content pugs, because you're just lazy.

3/3/3/3 or 3/3/3/3/1 is expensive af and overkill, but no excuses to not have 3/3/3 if you're 1370+.
    Last edited by ldev; 2022-04-29 at 12:51 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

yep 3/3/3 with proper stats should be the average players "goal". 3/3/3/3 if you are like me and just wanna pump LMAO . if you are only 3/3 and 1370+ thats just being lazy and not trying lmao
    Take a look at prices for glaivier stuff before saying that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    I pushed three alts to 1370 and getting 3/3/3/1 for all of them was 5-8k gold each.
    Yea so you had 15k to spend as spare money. I barely have that in total. Unless that was just investment to pay off later.

Anyways, my post about 3x4 not 3x3.

Damn, that gem minigame is so garbage. How the fuck can I fail 7 tentatives (6 in a row) at 75% success chance is beyond me, no way I sink all my gold in this mess, I'll wait to loot a good one myself xD

Is there a website/something that could help understand which gems/items can sell at the AH ? Seems difficult to know what kind of engravings are meta when you only play a few classes and I wouldn't want to disenchant something that is worth a few gold
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-04-29 at 04:15 PM.

Given current content, having 3/3 with the right stats is more than enough. Anything else is just minmaxing for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Damn, that gem minigame is so garbage. How the fuck can I fail 7 tentatives (6 in a row) at 75% success chance is beyond me, no way I sink all my gold in this mess, I'll wait to loot a good one myself xD

Is there a website/something that could help understand which gems/items can sell at the AH ? Seems difficult to know what kind of engravings are meta when you only play a few classes and I wouldn't want to disenchant something that is worth a few gold
    Anything having a combination of KBW/Grudge/Adrenaline/Precise Dagger is your standard dps engraving. Master's Tenacity for berserkers, All-out attack for sorceresses, ambush master for back attackers, and hit master for dps that don't care about positioning.
    Awakening/expert exclusively for supports, some niche stuff like stabilized/super charge for gunlancers.
    That's pretty much it off the top of my head, may be missing one but that's the more desired. After that, you have the class engravings but since I only have one character I have no clue about that.