Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lmao I wonder who reported me? First time that's happened. Someone really got butthurt.

Reminder to please stay fluffy and keep discussion on the game, not moderation or each others decisions on how to play. Thanks y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Everybody can come and go as they want for whatever reason, after all we play what we enjoy. With that being said, I find it amusing to call something easy, when you over gear the content by 30ilvl, in a group with people 30-45 ilvl higher than the fight. Its like going in a raid in WoW with the gear of the next tier, or in some case even the next 2 tiers, as 1490 is Brelshaza normal p1/2, so after Vykas and Kakul.

To each their own I guess, I rather go in blind at the required ilvl for the first experience. Obviously overgearing a fight would make it easier, but I'm looking at maximum stream on the side, they are doing it blind at ilvl, and it doesnt seems LFR easy at all. They have their share of wipes. And we are talking about world first raiders so yeah, let's just say doubt.jpg
    Well, the thing is, those mechanics can't be carried by ilv. They literally can't. I do agree I don't get the dude's fetish for ilv though, it's very weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Everybody can come and go as they want for whatever reason, after all we play what we enjoy. With that being said, I find it amusing to call something easy, when you over gear the content by 30ilvl, in a group with people 30-45 ilvl higher than the fight. Its like going in a raid in WoW with the gear of the next tier, or in some case even the next 2 tiers, as 1490 is Brelshaza normal p1/2, so after Vykas and Kakul.

To each their own I guess, I rather go in blind at the required ilvl for the first experience. Obviously overgearing a fight would make it easier, but I'm looking at maximum stream on the side, they are doing it blind at ilvl, and it doesnt seems LFR easy at all. They have their share of wipes. And we are talking about world first raiders so yeah, let's just say doubt.jpg
    I also do find it amusing people like to trash a game for being easy just cuz. Newsflash, no mmorpg is difficult, period. I feel like people want to play mmorpgs to flex and then find it disappointing cuz it's easy content and eventually everyone will be able to do it so they quit and try to find another one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Yea well in WoW you can't, because WoW is well designed game. How is that a players problem and not game design fault?
    LOL is this for real? You can't in wow because it's not a f2p game. What kind of argument is this?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    I also do find it amusing people like to trash a game for being easy just cuz. Newsflash, no mmorpg is difficult, period. I feel like people want to play mmorpgs to flex and then find it disappointing cuz it's easy content and eventually everyone will be able to do it so they quit and try to find another one.
    I think MMOs have to be fairly easy by nature. If they're too hard, people will struggle in random groups. Organized groups can go well for a time, until some people leave - which will eventually happen in any game. That can lead to a snowballing effect as groups start to fall apart.

On topic: We reached T3 some time ago, and now feel what all people meant when they were complaining about the honing chances. I already had 6 items reach the 100% chance due to bad luck protection, and I'm just at around 1350 now. This stuff will get worse later on, when needing more honings to get to 100%. Also, gold is becoming a real issue. My main source are Una's tasks currently, which net around 1-1.5k a week. That stuff is gone like nothing when doing T3 honing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    I think MMOs have to be fairly easy by nature. If they're too hard, people will struggle in random groups. Organized groups can go well for a time, until some people leave - which will eventually happen in any game. That can lead to a snowballing effect as groups start to fall apart.
    Yea you can't make mmorpgs too difficult because it relies on 8 people (or w/e the content size is) to do everything perfectly. That's a lot different than a single player game where the only person that matters is you. Idk why people don't seem to understand this. You want very difficult stuff? Play single player games. And yes, tons of wow nerds love to talk about how hard it is but it's really not. At an individual level wow is easy af too.

On topic: We reached T3 some time ago, and now feel what all people meant when they were complaining about the honing chances. I already had 6 items reach the 100% chance due to bad luck protection, and I'm just at around 1350 now. This stuff will get worse later on, when needing more honings to get to 100%. Also, gold is becoming a real issue. My main source are Una's tasks currently, which net around 1-1.5k a week. That stuff is gone like nothing when doing T3 honing.
    Yea my one complaint about this game is mandatory alts. If you don't have alts you will progress at a super slow pace. I have the usual 5 alts/1 main and make about 10k / week from just the base gold rewards from instances (sometimes i'll make more from drops but not that much more). That gets me like 2-3 hones at 1415+, it's really harsh. Imagine how bad it'd be with someone who only has 1 char.

Yea you can't make mmorpgs too difficult because it relies on 8 people (or w/e the content size is) to do everything perfectly. That's a lot different than a single player game where the only person that matters is you. Idk why people don't seem to understand this. You want very difficult stuff? Play single player games. And yes, tons of wow nerds love to talk about how hard it is but it's really not. At an individual level wow is easy af too.

Yea my one complaint about this game is mandatory alts. If you don't have alts you will progress at a super slow pace. I have the usual 5 alts/1 main and make about 10k / week from just the base gold rewards from instances (sometimes i'll make more from drops but not that much more). That gets me like 2-3 hones at 1415+, it's really harsh. Imagine how bad it'd be with someone who only has 1 char.
    Well I have the one bard and I'm 1421, 268 honing fails according to the achievement, not sure if that's average. I'm not seeing this issue everyone talks about when you don't play alts, I'm doing more than fine tbh. Then again, I might be the exception and not the rule.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Well I have the one bard and I'm 1421, 268 honing fails according to the achievement, not sure if that's average. I'm not seeing this issue everyone talks about when you don't play alts, I'm doing more than fine tbh. Then again, I might be the exception and not the rule.
    It’s not that you can’t, it’s just that alts are a huge benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It’s not that you can’t, it’s just that alts are a huge benefit.
    That's the thing, what benefit? I understand that, once you set up some alts (which takes some time and/or resources to do), you can start funneling to your main to push faster otherwise you'll be "behind". But I'm not seeing that, we got several events that injected a lot of mats, gold is argueable the worst resource of all, but you just need to play the AH a bit. And I'm not talking about selling your bound mats, just sell whatever random gear with half decent stats comes your way. Farm T1 maps and sell the shard bags that still sell fairly decent, and so on.
    I got to do Valtan week 1 this way, probably gonna take me some weeks to get to 1445 for hard mode, but I'm in no rush. Again, I'm not seeing this "benefit" of getting several alts to funnel, unless you legit only care about doing Valtan HM day 1.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing, what benefit? I understand that, once you set up some alts (which takes some time and/or resources to do), you can start funneling to your main to push faster otherwise you'll be "behind". But I'm not seeing that, we got several events that injected a lot of mats, gold is argueable the worst resource of all, but you just need to play the AH a bit. And I'm not talking about selling your bound mats, just sell whatever random gear with half decent stats comes your way. Farm T1 maps and sell the shard bags that still sell fairly decent, and so on.
    I got to do Valtan week 1 this way, probably gonna take me some weeks to get to 1445 for hard mode, but I'm in no rush. Again, I'm not seeing this "benefit" of getting several alts to funnel, unless you legit only care about doing Valtan HM day 1.
    If you can’t understand x2 produces greater yields than x1 I don’t know what to tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Its more than just funnel mats too. You talk about gold being the worst resource of all - my 3 x 1370 alts produce 6-7 greater leapstone each daily, thats 18-21 total, for 7 days, at 105g which is the price right now on my server (was 135 last week and before), we talk about between 13 230 and 15 435 gold weekly. Add to this, 3 x phase 1 Argos, 3x both HM abyss and quickly you can see that you stack up some good gold. Im not counting my 3 x 1340 who do also their guardians, but i wait rested for them now, i used to run daily but its too much. Those produce small leapstone at 35g each, and run normal abyss.

But with that being said, you do you! There is no wrong way to play, as long as you have fun. But there are benefits for having alts.
    Last edited by Aoewy; 2022-05-23 at 04:05 AM.

If you can’t understand x2 produces greater yields than x1 I don’t know what to tell you.
    Pretty sure they understand that 2 > 1. (It's fun to be a condescending jerk though, I'm sure.)

Their point seems to be that if they can keep their main current without doing alts, then why bother?

Sure, x2 for playing how many extra characters? Because afaik you can't transfer everything because bound stuff. Pretty sure you're just playing more to advance faster, not just to keep up with content, which I was making the argument for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Pretty sure they understand that 2 > 1. (It's fun to be a condescending jerk though, I'm sure.)

Their point seems to be that if they can keep their main current without doing alts, then why bother?
    Exactly this.

Its more than just funnel mats too. You talk about gold being the worst resource of all - my 3 x 1370 alts produce 6-7 greater leapstone each daily, thats 18-21 total, for 7 days, at 105g which is the price right now on my server (was 135 last week and before), we talk about between 13 230 and 15 435 gold weekly. Add to this, 3 x phase 1 Argos, 3x both HM abyss and quickly you can see that you stack up some good gold. Im not counting my 3 x 1340 who do also their guardians, but i wait rested for them now, i used to run daily but its too much. Those produce small leapstone at 35g each, and run normal abyss.

But with that being said, you do you! There is no wrong way to play, as long as you have fun. But there are benefits for having alts.
    Yeah I forgot about the weekly lockouts and didn't consider selling the unbound mats instead of funneling, it's a shitton of extra time though.

Is lfg broken? Queued for a dung yesterday, after 15 min queue i gave up and soloed
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Is lfg broken? Queued for a dung yesterday, after 15 min queue i gave up and soloed
    At least Abyss and Chaos Dungeons worked fine for me yesterday on EUC, though I didn't try normal ones.

At least Abyss and Chaos Dungeons worked fine for me yesterday on EUC, though I didn't try normal ones.
    Was normal leveling dungeon, does it need holy trinity or just 4 random classes to start?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Was normal leveling dungeon, does it need holy trinity or just 4 random classes to start?
    4 random classes. There's no holy trinity in Lost Ark.

I remember such issues from a few months ago, though, when most players couldn't get into instances together. Maybe they reintroduced them with the patch in some regions / dungeons?

4 random classes. There's no holy trinity in Lost Ark.

I remember such issues from a few months ago, though, when most players couldn't get into instances together. Maybe they reintroduced them with the patch in some regions / dungeons?
    Or people just aren't queuing dungeons cause there's no point.

Do you not use any solar mats? If not, you're just getting lucky and that's just how it is. Plenty of people don't use solar mats (cuz they're so damn expensive) and hit pity or close to it a lot, on each level. I've been using solar grace and protection for armor and all of them for weapon and it's like 2-3k gold per hone but I haven't gotten more than 4 fails yet, so it kinda does work out (but it theoretically can get way more than that which I'm terrified of). But like I said if you get lucky and get at most 3 fails and don't use any solar mats then yea you don't need gold at all.

This is at 1415+ I'm talking about btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, x2 for playing how many extra characters? Because afaik you can't transfer everything because bound stuff. Pretty sure you're just playing more to advance faster, not just to keep up with content, which I was making the argument for.
    You can transfer 99% of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

no one queues for leveling dungeons what? lol. Just solo it.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-05-23 at 09:59 PM.

Do you not use any solar mats? If not, you're just getting lucky and that's just how it is. Plenty of people don't use solar mats (cuz they're so damn expensive) and hit pity or close to it a lot, on each level. I've been using solar grace and protection for armor and all of them for weapon and it's like 2-3k gold per hone but I haven't gotten more than 4 fails yet, so it kinda does work out (but it theoretically can get way more than that which I'm terrified of). But like I said if you get lucky and get at most 3 fails and don't use any solar mats then yea you don't need gold at all.

Even with solar mats, the ratio seems incredibly lucky. Some people just are like that. My friend is now starting to get her first pieces to 1370, and she didn't buy any solar mats - just used the ones we got from events, including the books. Meanwhile, I have more honing fails than her (according to the achievement), and am at 1351, slowly getting my first pieces to 1355.

Though we don't intend to do any raids either way, just casual around a bit as long as we enjoy it, so it doesn't really matter in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

You can transfer 99% of stuff.
    I do use all the solar mats I get for free: maps, ghost ship, events, whatever it gives you stuff. I haven't bought any off the AH, and I've gotten several pieces to pity or like 90% artisan energy which is pretty much the same.
    I thought it was less the % of roster bound stuff from alts, my point still stands, you're playing double the characters to get double the mats, so it's not really you're getting extra mats, you're just playing at 2x speed. And if you're using just rested bonus well... you're losing some mats along the way for the sake of keeping your sanity which is fair. Personally I don't like playing alts, so as long as I can avoid it, it's fine.