Page 86 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    I do use all the solar mats I get for free: maps, ghost ship, events, whatever it gives you stuff. I haven't bought any off the AH, and I've gotten several pieces to pity or like 90% artisan energy which is pretty much the same.
    I thought it was less the % of roster bound stuff from alts, my point still stands, you're playing double the characters to get double the mats, so it's not really you're getting extra mats, you're just playing at 2x speed. And if you're using just rested bonus well... you're losing some mats along the way for the sake of keeping your sanity which is fair. Personally I don't like playing alts, so as long as I can avoid it, it's fine.
    Yea so you just got lucky, so you're closer to the exception, not the rule. Not saying there's anything wrong with that but not everyone can progress at normal speed with only 1 char. It just comes down to luck. Having more alts is not to funnel mats, it's to provide gold for all the solar mats (at least has been the case for me). My alts are all 1340 so the only thing I've been getting extra of are stones and I used 0 of those extra stones. I am aware I can convert the reg leapstones but it's not worth it at all so I haven't bothered and I never have needed to.

And using the mats from the stuff you get for free isn't really enough to cover every hone (24 solar grace + 4 protection for each hone attempt or another 12 blessing as well).
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-05-23 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    Yea so you just got lucky, so you're closer to the exception, not the rule. Not saying there's anything wrong with that but not everyone can progress at normal speed with only 1 char. It just comes down to luck. Having more alts is not to funnel mats, it's to provide gold for all the solar mats (at least has been the case for me). My alts are all 1340 so the only thing I've been getting extra of are stones and I used 0 of those extra stones. I am aware I can convert the reg leapstones but it's not worth it at all so I haven't bothered and I never have needed to.

And using the mats from the stuff you get for free isn't really enough to cover every hone (24 solar grace + 4 protection for each hone attempt or another 12 blessing as well).
    Oh that's for sure, I mostly try to max the solar mats on the first one just for doubling the chance of success, but after that I go raw.

Artillerist zooming about with capitalising the Swiftness stat and Spirit Absorbion Rank 3 just for a laugh to get questing and Islands done faster with 147% base movement speed, trying to get the Awakened Bonus of the Romanticist set for an additional 4/8%...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-05-24 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Was normal leveling dungeon, does it need holy trinity or just 4 random classes to start?
    You could matchmake for leveling dungeons at the beginning but now nobody does them anymore. I'm usually checking in normal and hard mode if there are some people, just in case as it's more fun to play in group, then I do them solo

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Artillerist zooming about with capitalising the Swiftness stat and Spirit Absorbion Rank 3 just for a laugh to get questing and Islands done faster with 147% base movement speed, trying to get the Awakened Bonus of the Romanticist set for an additional 4/8%...
    Doesn't movement speed cap at 140%?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Its more than just funnel mats too. You talk about gold being the worst resource of all - my 3 x 1370 alts produce 6-7 greater leapstone each daily, thats 18-21 total, for 7 days, at 105g which is the price right now on my server (was 135 last week and before), we talk about between 13 230 and 15 435 gold weekly. Add to this, 3 x phase 1 Argos, 3x both HM abyss and quickly you can see that you stack up some good gold. Im not counting my 3 x 1340 who do also their guardians, but i wait rested for them now, i used to run daily but its too much. Those produce small leapstone at 35g each, and run normal abyss.

But with that being said, you do you! There is no wrong way to play, as long as you have fun. But there are benefits for having alts.
    Every alt also increases chance of useful accessory or ability stone to drop, and if you have a paladin/bard alt - accessories are money.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Doesn't movement speed cap at 140%?
    Typo, 137%*.

But with the compass on Islands it can go beyond that.

I fucking love that entering on a Ghost Ship is enough to tag you for the week... I have no idea how such shit makes it into any game, especially in group content that doesn't scale down. No way I'm suffering through the ghost ship captain alone

This kind of mechanism will be terrible once the playerbase dies out (if it's not the case already)
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-05-26 at 03:14 PM.

I am officially done, uninstalled and done.
    Sick of the bots, and the lack of action against them.

Why do i only see berserkers in open world, are all those bots?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Yes.
    All 5 million of them (give or take).

Smilegate brags about its high current player count so i suspect that's why bots are rampant in west servers.
    https://newsroom.smilegate.com/bbs/b...ews&wr_id=1117

Quote Originally Posted by hattahat View Post
    Smilegate brags about its high current player count so i suspect that's why bots are rampant in west servers.
    https://newsroom.smilegate.com/bbs/b...ews&wr_id=1117
    Even if we say that bots account for 50% of the playerbase Lost Ark is still applicable for those points mentioned in the press statement.

Generally most of the Berserkers you see in the leveling zones are bots. Most of the real players have already gone past those zones so you'll not see many real players occupying space in those zones.
    You will however barely see any bots when you go to Tier 2 or 3.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2022-05-27 at 09:44 AM.

Random question.

Has anyone tried this on the Steam Deck with the Steam OS and if so how was it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

More than half an hour for the T1/T2 matchmaking to find 4 people, on a game with such an emphasis on alts ? Yeah, that can't be working that well

Trying to gear up a pass-less alt is so fucking cancerous and long now

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    More than half an hour for the T1/T2 matchmaking to find 4 people, on a game with such an emphasis on alts ? Yeah, that can't be working that well

most people dont have a bunch of t1/t2 alts at this point i imagine. additionally, if you make an alt, it gets out of those tiers in a day or two pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Even if we say that bots account for 50% of the playerbase Lost Ark is still applicable for those points mentioned in the press statement.

Generally most of the Berserkers you see in the leveling zones are bots. Most of the real players have already gone past those zones so you'll not see many real players occupying space in those zones.
    You will however barely see any bots when you go to Tier 2 or 3.
    50%? HAH, no, you aren't even close.
    https://steamdb.info/app/1599340/graphs/

I'd say it's closer to 70-80%, If not worse.
    Most MMOs will see a downward trend - this one is "increasing" because of the new bots being added.

It's even listed as the number 1 most played game atm, but when you actually log on - there's almost nobody in the end-tier towns.
    The game has more bots than players - simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    50%? HAH, no, you aren't even close.
    https://steamdb.info/app/1599340/graphs/

I'd say it's closer to 70-80%, If not worse.
    Most MMOs will see a downward trend - this one is "increasing" because of the new bots being added.

It's even listed as the number 1 most played game atm, but when you actually log on - there's almost nobody in the end-tier towns.
    The game has more bots than players - simple as that.
    You seem overly confident with numbers you taken out of your butt.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post

most people dont have alts in t1/t2 anymore. They're all in t3 already at this point. It's too much work to manually get other alts up now. This is same shit in korea too btw, t1/t2 is completely dead over there...the problem is we don't have any boosts or anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    most people dont have a bunch of t1/t2 alts at this point i imagine. additionally, if you make an alt, it gets out of those tiers in a day or two pretty easily.
    Well, definitely not without buying mats for gold I suppose
    My first alt was expedited through T2 thanks to the Super Express Pass event which provided a crazy increase in honing rates and reduction of cost, but without that bonus it's... slow af. Unless you wanna buy all mats at the AH which I'm not super willing to do as I don't know if I'll continue enjoying that spec once I reached T3

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    most people dont have alts in t1/t2 anymore. They're all in t3 already at this point. It's too much work to manually get other alts up now. This is same shit in korea too btw, t1/t2 is completely dead over there...the problem is we don't have any boosts or anything yet.
    Yeah, T1/T2 is good to learn some basic mechanics when you start the game but after that they're just a chore that eat up your game time for absolutely nothing. This content is mostly dead but as it's even split up between plenty of sub-tiers, it's a miracle when you find 4 people in the same as you

So you need gold in order to build anything and gold can only be obtained through endgame content or wallet?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©