Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    One can hope scalpers somehow screw up their automation and people can find one that isn't bloated above 800.
    Didn’t get one, gonna go check physical retail when they open. It’s an extreme long shot, but it’s worth the 10 minute drive to see. If not, I guess I wait for restock. My 980 isn’t exactly trash, even all these years later.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    A grand total of 50ish cards available @ Norways biggest interwebs store, mostly cheaper cards.
    Strix \ Gaming X cards etc expected late september. No founders.

    -

    Just updated again before posting, 15 cards left.

    If you're not buying today, you're probably not getting a card any time soon.
    Not to mention AIBs are reportedly getting a $50 rebate for every card they sell in September. So I'd expect prices to be higher when they come back in stock.

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    A grand total of 50ish cards available @ Norways biggest interwebs store, mostly cheaper cards.
    Strix \ Gaming X cards etc expected late september. No founders.

    -

    Just updated again before posting, 15 cards left.

    If you're not buying today, you're probably not getting a card any time soon.
    Best Buy went from coming soon to sold out for me 5 seconds after they went live, hehe.

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Best Buy went from coming soon to sold out for me 5 seconds after they went live, hehe.
    I do so wish scalping automation wasn't a thing.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I do so wish scalping automation wasn't a thing.
    Yeah, it’s fucking disgusting.

  6. #426
    "coming soon" hit f5 "sold out" geez.........

  7. #427
    The cheaper cards aren't performing as well as the FE cards...

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The cheaper cards aren't performing as well as the FE cards...
    The EVGA card JayZ tested seems to be running a tiny bit worse, albeit quieter, but I'm genuinely surprised by the Asus TUF card.

    HW Unboxed had their TUF card running 15c lower while running a few frames quicker than the FE card. derBauer also tore down his TUF, and even he was impressed by the cooling solution and how the card performed, even if his shuntmod didnt net him any performance gains worth mentioning.

    It actually looks like the cheaper models are pretty good this time around, with decent performance while being very quiet. At least the Asus TUF.
    Obviously havent seen all the cheap AiB models yet, but so far so good.

  9. #429
    MSI Gaming looks like the must have with just 33db under load and 71°.
    But over 350 Watt is heavy.

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    The EVGA card JayZ tested seems to be running a tiny bit worse, albeit quieter, but I'm genuinely surprised by the Asus TUF card.

    HW Unboxed had their TUF card running 15c lower while running a few frames quicker than the FE card. derBauer also tore down his TUF, and even he was impressed by the cooling solution and how the card performed, even if his shuntmod didnt net him any performance gains worth mentioning.

    It actually looks like the cheaper models are pretty good this time around, with decent performance while being very quiet. At least the Asus TUF.
    Obviously havent seen all the cheap AiB models yet, but so far so good.
    Asus usually puts a lot money into developing their highend card coolers, then with minimum effort put same ones on lower models and other vendor cards to recoup the development costs. I still remember them just slapping a DirectCU II to 290x and most of the heatpipes didn't even go over the core.

  11. #431
    The Lightbringer Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,142
    That shopping frenzy!

    Fortunately, I believe I managed to snag one MSI Ventus card. Getting it next week.
    No Ventus reviews yet. If it turns out to be a dud, I'll just return it and get my money back.

  12. #432
    Herald of the Titans Baine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bluff, Québec
    Posts
    2,603
    Noob question. Does that next gen GPU makes a difference at 1920x1080? I have no interest to play in 4k. I oresently own a GeForce 1070, which very satisfying at the moment.

  13. #433
    The Lightbringer Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sweden/Yugoslavia
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Noob question. Does that next gen GPU makes a difference at 1920x1080? I have no interest to play in 4k. I oresently own a GeForce 1070, which very satisfying at the moment.
    Not 3080 and up.
    3070 maybe but it depends on your refresh rate.
    I think you should wait on 3060 if you want to upgrade.
    But the golden rule, only upgrade if you need it.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    But over 350 Watt is heavy.
    derBauer did a nice breakdown of the powerusage on the 3080. Seems like the GDDR6X memory is a power hog, pulling 60w.

    The core itself only pulled 190w, with some other thing pulling 80w as well (Probably goes to running the card\GPU).

  15. #435
    The Lightbringer Shakadam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Not to mention AIBs are reportedly getting a $50 rebate for every card they sell in September. So I'd expect prices to be higher when they come back in stock.
    It looks to be more than just a $50 rebate. Sweclockers noted in their review of the 3080 TUF OC that it, along with a heap of other AIB cards, have an introduction pricing for the first month. After october 16th, the pricing will increase by 1100 SEK (~125 USD) for the TUF OC and ~120 USD for the non OC. Presumably this is a worldwide introduction pricing campaign by Nvidia. No idea if this will concern the FE model after october 16th in some way.

    Every indication this far has proved that the reports and rumors of extremely limited stock for the initial launch was true. What little stock there was sold out in seconds. The same reports from retailers also said that there are more cards coming in the next few weeks but also in very limited numbers. It's essentially a paper launch, and once more inventory arrives probably some time next month it'll likely cost $50 - $100 more than current pricing.

  16. #436
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The older I get the more noise is a concern for me. I have a passive cooled 1050Ti which is enough for WoW, Doom 2016 and similar old games. I feel left out in the GeForce 20 and 30 series.

    I do a lot of homeoffice these days and bought an almost silent mini pc specifically for that, working 8 hours a day with a gaming pc would drive me nuts over time.
    If you're willing to spend some time tinkering, you can get after-market coolers like the Raijintek Morpheus that should be able to passively cool upwards of a 2060 super or something. Or you can strap silent 120-140mm fans like Noctua's offerings to it and cool better cards almost entirely silently

  17. #437
    Think I managed to snag a 3080 Asus TUF OC that will hopefully arrive sometime tomorrow. I think I lucked out because I bought from a medium sized retailer whose website clearly wasn't capable of handling the massive traffic from people rushing to buy the 3080. In any case, the website crashed repeatedly during the purchase, but I have my order confirmation and the estimated delivery date is tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  18. #438
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Noob question. Does that next gen GPU makes a difference at 1920x1080? I have no interest to play in 4k. I oresently own a GeForce 1070, which very satisfying at the moment.
    if you're on a 60fps monitor it will make no difference. If you're on a 240-300hz monitor then it'll be worth getting one

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Think I managed to snag a 3080 Asus TUF OC that will hopefully arrive sometime tomorrow. I think I lucked out because I bought from a medium sized retailer whose website clearly wasn't capable of handling the massive traffic from people rushing to buy the 3080. In any case, the website crashed repeatedly during the purchase, but I have my order confirmation and the estimated delivery date is tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers.
    Yeah, they shouldn't send you a confirmation if you were too late. Gratz on a new gpu.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Think I managed to snag a 3080 Asus TUF OC that will hopefully arrive sometime tomorrow. I think I lucked out because I bought from a medium sized retailer whose website clearly wasn't capable of handling the massive traffic from people rushing to buy the 3080. In any case, the website crashed repeatedly during the purchase, but I have my order confirmation and the estimated delivery date is tomorrow, so I'm crossing my fingers.
    Fingers crossed!

    I managed to grab an Asus 3080 TUF OC also. Click and collect tomorrow - can’t wait.

  20. #440
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    424
    Trying to buy a 3080 and EVERY where is fucking sold out. Sucks.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •