Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Since NVIDIA fucked up with their new 3080, I'd like to buy a good 2080.

What do you think about this one?

https://www.pccomponentes.com/msi-ge...rio-8-gb-gddr6

Would it be enough to play wow in ultra?

Nvidia put out a statement that 3080s will be shipped to retailers “daily” from both NV and partners. So I guess if you want a 3080 keep checking every day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post

Sure. Wow is mostly CPU bound. Not sure I’d settle for a 2080 though.

Yes it will be, but don't pay more than 300-350 euro for it.

https://www.tomshardware.com/feature...ing-benchmarks

useful stuff

Im still using 3770K OC, and 4K Ultra "saves" me
    4K - the Great CPU Equalizer, even with an RTX 3080

waiting for Zen 4/AM5 or the Intel 7nm before upgrading .. and of course DDR5

Might pick up an Asus TUF Gaming RTX 3080 OC card.

its like throwing a bunch of money down your toilet at the current price. you'd be spending the same amount for a fraction of the performance. just wait a week for the scalpers to simmer down.

So Asus 3080 TUF OC vs Just stock 3080.

Is there a major difference in performance or durability?

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

It's just factory overclocked so it'll be a bit faster.

I'm waiting on the 3070's at this point. Once the 3080 is more readily available, the 3070 will be out. My 1070 still runs great, and I'm only gaming at 2K resolution. If I buy a 3080, I could future proof if I go 4K, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's just factory overclocked so it'll be a bit faster.

I'm waiting on the 3070's at this point. Once the 3080 is more readily available, the 3070 will be out. My 1070 still runs great, and I'm only gaming at 2K resolution. If I buy a 3080, I could future proof if I go 4K, however.
    Thank you for the info, I currently run a 1060 3gb im looking forward to upgrading to the 3080.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    its like throwing a bunch of money down your toilet at the current price. you'd be spending the same amount for a fraction of the performance. just wait a week for the scalpers to simmer down.
    You know that there's not gonna be stock until 2021, don't you?

You know that there's not gonna be stock until 2021, don't you?
    So.. Wait till 2021? It's 4 months. Also 3070 should be launching next month and so should RDNA2(or at least announces). 3070 probably won't be scalped as badly, because there is no real upgrade path from 2080ti to the 3070. Also it's a smaller chip so yields should be much higher.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    So.. Wait till 2021? It's 4 months. Also 3070 should be launching next month and so should RDNA2(or at least announces). 3070 probably won't be scalped as badly, because there is no real upgrade path from 2080ti to the 3070. Also it's a smaller chip so yields should be much higher.
    Samsung can also produce their SoCs faster than TSMC can and have better capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fOpaPPCUDA

A bit faster, a lot cooler, more quiet, seems like a good one, if you can snatch it.

Expected this, was going to wait anyway, still disgusted how everything is in the hands of scalpers basically. Hopefully not enough people is gonna buy from them, cause it's the only reason they do this - customers with not enough brain to say "it's not worth 2 grands and i can wait".

Surprised about the TUF being a very good card, i also like its design a lot. If Strix is really overpriced as i expect it to be, it's very likely the card i'm gonna buy (maybe).

Anyway, i'm still considering going custom loop finally. I'm gonna delid, so if cards are not coming anytime soon, i can invest some money to do the CPU loop (which is gonna be simple - pump, 360rad, small reservoir and done).
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Expected this, was going to wait anyway, still disgusted how everything is in the hands of scalpers basically. Hopefully not enough people is gonna buy from them, cause it's the only reason they do this - customers with not enough brain to say "it's not worth 2 grands and i can wait".

Surprised about the TUF being a very good card, i also like its design a lot. If Strix is really overpriced as i expect it to be, it's very likely the card i'm gonna buy (maybe).

Anyway, i'm still considering going custom loop finally. I'm gonna delid, so if cards are not coming anytime soon, i can invest some money to do the CPU loop (which is gonna be simple - pump, 360rad, small reservoir and done).
    Someone created a bot that false bids on Ebay on every 3080 that is on sale.

About delidding, it's quite pointless unless you got something below 9th gen Intel.

In those 4 months I can save enough money to buy it, so it's not a problem. The thing is NVIDIA has fucked up with this release.

In those 4 months I can save enough money to buy it, so it's not a problem. The thing is NVIDIA has fucked up with this release.
    From consumer perspective sure. Just they probably don't care as long as they sell everything they put out. Simple CAPTCHA would've slowed people down at least. But nope.

Got an email late last night that the delivery of my card would be delayed, with no estimated delivery date. I kind of suspected it might happen given the circumstances, but it's still unfortunate. Most retailers are advertising estimated deliveries by November, but even that I can't help but doubt at the moment. Guess there's nothing to it but wait in any case, not gonna buy from scalpers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Someone created a bot that false bids on Ebay on every 3080 that is on sale.

About delidding, it's quite pointless unless you got something below 9th gen Intel.
    I was wondering why there was a 3080 going for £66000 (51 bids) on ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Got an email late last night that the delivery of my card would be delayed, with no estimated delivery date. I kind of suspected it might happen given the circumstances, but it's still unfortunate. Most retailers are advertising estimated deliveries by November, but even that I can't help but doubt at the moment. Guess there's nothing to it but wait in any case, not gonna buy from scalpers.
    Don't expect them until 2021.