Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Got an email late last night that the delivery of my card would be delayed, with no estimated delivery date. I kind of suspected it might happen given the circumstances, but it's still unfortunate. Most retailers are advertising estimated deliveries by November, but even that I can't help but doubt at the moment. Guess there's nothing to it but wait in any case, not gonna buy from scalpers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Someone created a bot that false bids on Ebay on every 3080 that is on sale.

About delidding, it's quite pointless unless you got something below 9th gen Intel.
    I was wondering why there was a 3080 going for £66000 (51 bids) on ebay...

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Got an email late last night that the delivery of my card would be delayed, with no estimated delivery date. I kind of suspected it might happen given the circumstances, but it's still unfortunate. Most retailers are advertising estimated deliveries by November, but even that I can't help but doubt at the moment. Guess there's nothing to it but wait in any case, not gonna buy from scalpers.
    Don't expect them until 2021.

About delidding, it's quite pointless unless you got something below 9th gen Intel.
    Yeah, i have an 8700k (and a 8600k aswell available lol). If anything, it's gonna be personal experience.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    I was wondering why there was a 3080 going for £66000 (51 bids) on ebay...
    https://imgur.com/gallery/1qEUmEy

I know it's against Ebays ToS, but.. Good.
    I cannot stand scalpers

Hope the 3090 will be less of a target for scalpers, but.. Yeah, it'll be sold out instantly I bet. Which sucks for me.

Here is to hoping AMD's GPU release is a lot better than this.

Pandaren Monk
    Got mines yesterday. Installed it today after I got up.

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/50478844

It's a hungry boi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    -snip-
    hehe. Not really an issue though, you want those sweet frames and thou need to feed it power

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    hehe. Not really an issue though, you want those sweet frames and thou need to feed it power
    Had to buy a new PSU just to get the 3 PCI-3 connections. PSU has 4 though, so not an issue.

But yes, dem sweet sweet frames.

Warchief
    Well I ordered a 3080 last night, just hope it comes before SL is out

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Had to buy a new PSU just to get the 3 PCI-3 connections. PSU has 4 though, so not an issue.

But yes, dem sweet sweet frames.
    Had a 650w i was afraid it was faulty (EVGA G3) and replaced with a 750w be quiet! Straight Power 11 (or whatever the name is). In the end the old one was fine, but happy that the replacing wasn't totally useless (also plan to use the old one on a mid tier build for a friend).

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Had a 650w i was afraid it was faulty (EVGA G3) and replaced with a 750w be quiet! Straight Power 11 (or whatever the name is). In the end the old one was fine, but happy that the replacing wasn't totally useless (also plan to use the old one on a mid tier build for a friend).
    The old one I had was an EVGA 650 GQ. Went with a Seasonic Focus PX-850 for the 3080.

Incase anyone was wondering, I got the MSI Gaming Trio X. It's silent even under full load.
    Last edited by Tommi; Yesterday at 12:39 PM.

Looking for Asus TUF restocks, seems like the best cooler this generation, same noise as the MSI TRIO but -10°C less temperatures and you have the bigger VRM and performance BIOS switch if you really want those sweet 400W of TDP.

I did see the tear-down of the MSI TRIO and ASUS TUF and the heatsink/microfins on the ASUS entry board are insane. They put some impressive surface on the GPU coolers, MSI disappointed a bit with just 350W VRMs and basic heatsink/coolers.

If it takes to long or the prices go beyond 900€ I just wait till the 3080-Ti arrives. Just running 1080p with a 2070-Super (MSI TRIO X) and would only upgrade for the same low noise or even lower noise GPU at this point, I wont gain much performance either way.
    Last edited by Ange; Yesterday at 12:56 PM.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

not sure if this question belongs in here or upgrade forum but how big a upgrade do you guys think the 3060 will be to a 1060 6gb? i am planning to upgrade in the late summer early fall of next year. will it even be out by then or will be forced to get a 2070 or 2080? (not big on the huge power draw of the 3070 and 3080 or their fairly big price increase compared to the 252.50$ with taxes my gpu cost me 4 years ago. (yes i know about inflation but i just can't justify paying 525$(taxes) for a graphics card my limit is 350$ accounting for inflation. otherwise i will probably switch to amd for price reasons and take the possible performance and driver hit. only way i would go for 3070 at this point would be another round of stimulus checks but that is looking like a no go at this point.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    not sure if this question belongs in here or upgrade forum but how big a upgrade do you guys think the 3060 will be to a 1060 6gb? i am planning to upgrade in the late summer early fall of next year. will it even be out by then or will be forced to get a 2070 or 2080? (not big on the huge power draw of the 3070 and 3080 or their fairly big price increase compared to the 252.50$ with taxes my gpu cost me 4 years ago. (yes i know about inflation but i just can't justify paying 525$(taxes) for a graphics card my limit is 350$ accounting for inflation. otherwise i will probably switch to amd for price reasons and take the possible performance and driver hit. only way i would go for 3070 at this point would be another round of stimulus checks but that is looking like a no go at this point.
    Both 3060 and AMD's GPU's will be out by that time.

3060 will probably be around the same performance as a 2080.