Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Got my PC purchase on hold waiting for ASUS ROG RTX 3080 to come back into stock...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the MSI gaming X Trio and I have not had ONE crash with it, so it's defo not universal with all cards. I'm wondering how people are delivering power to their cards. I'm using 3 PCI-E cables to power my card. I'm wondering if people are using just one or two cables to power their cards. I just find it strange I've had zero issues with 2040mhz, and others are.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I have the MSI gaming X Trio and I have not had ONE crash with it, so it's defo not universal with all cards. I'm wondering how people are delivering power to their cards. I'm using 3 PCI-E cables to power my card. I'm wondering if people are using just one or two cables to power their cards. I just find it strange I've had zero issues with 2040mhz, and others are.
    Try to run Heaven Bench for an hour or two and see if it still doesn't crash. If it doesn't then you are one of lucky ones.
    But a lot of people with no crashes in games, have crashes in heaven bench after about 45 min. to 1 hour
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Try to run Heaven Bench for an hour or two and see if it still doesn't crash. If it doesn't then you are one of lucky ones.
    But a lot of people with no crashes in games, have crashes in heaven bench after about 45 min. to 1 hour
    This is a few runs in Port Royal Stress test.

Edit: I'll download Heaven and see what happens.
    Edit2: Heaven is from 2009... I'll run Time Spy Extreme stress test for an hour.

So 20 loops on Time Spy Extreme, not a single issue.

Last edited by Tommi; 2020-09-27 at 10:47 PM.

So, just watching right now GN last video and apparently NVidia released a new driver - with the update, owners of the cards that didn't have the CLIC are reporting that crashes disappeared. Still need to investigate what actually the driver does (if it's just a power/frequency curve correction as anyone would do by manually underclock/undervolt the gpu).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    So, just watching right now GN last video and apparently NVidia released a new driver - with the update, owners of the cards that didn't have the CLIC are reporting that crashes disappeared. Still need to investigate what actually the driver does (if it's just a power/frequency curve correction as anyone would do by manually underclock/undervolt the gpu).
    Pretty sure it's just a curve correction, to bring the boosting clocks down under the red line

Am I ready for next gen GPU's? I am.

Sadly, Nvidia is not prepared to meet demand.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case anyone cares, 3090 SLI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4fb_R5Ogw0
    Somewhere between 50 and 90% scaling in the games they tested, unless CPU bound, or the games didn't support SLI (which a lot of games don't).

So overall, between -3% and 95% scaling, for another 1500 dollars, if you can find 2 cards with the same SLI connector placement (it's not standardized in the slightest), and another 350+W of heat in your system.. But on the positive side you get to have the biggest epeen around, knowing that you spent 3000 dollars on just GPUs.

Don't do it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll likely wait until stock is readily available and AMD puts out test units of their Big Navi cards before making a choice. I'm not gaming at 4K, only 2K until the 4K 28+ inch screens hit sub-$500 CAD for 120+hZ refresh with a curved screen

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'll likely wait until stock is readily available and AMD puts out test units of their Big Navi cards before making a choice. I'm not gaming at 4K, only 2K until the 4K 28+ inch screens hit sub-$500 CAD for 120+hZ refresh with a curved screen
    It's always a good choice to wait and find out if something works for real or not. And hopefully competition is going to drive down the prices of not only GPUs but monitors as well. Cause they can see a bigger market on 4k, when it's not exclusive to $1000+ GPUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    2K is 2048x1080. You game at that resolution?
    Are you really going to go there? He used the wrong term, yes. But we all know what he meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Are you really going to go there? He used the wrong term, yes. But we all know what he meant.
    That's the problem, we don't. Some people use it to mean 1920x1080, some use it to mean 2560x1440, and others, correctly, use it to mean 2048x1080

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    2K is 2048x1080. You game at that resolution?
    It's 2K QHD, big deal if I didn't use the exact right term

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    That's the problem, we don't. Some people use it to mean 1920x1080, some use it to mean 2560x1440, and others, correctly, use it to mean 2048x1080
    Nobody I've seen on this website, or anywhere else I frequent, is confused when someone uses 2K to refer to 1440p. Some of us do understand that 2k refers to 1440p in some cases, because the term is seemingly becoming more interchangeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Nobody I've seen on this website, or anywhere else I frequent, is confused when someone uses 2K to refer to 1440p. Some of us do understand that 2k refers to 1440p in some cases, because the term is seemingly becoming more interchangeable.
    Yeah, so more and more people are making the same mistake, and me and Shaka are trying to stop it.
    At least with 4k it's "kinda" close, in that they're both 2160p vertically, but 2k has NOTHING to do with 1440p, even remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's 2K QHD, big deal if I didn't use the exact right term
    QHD is Quad HD, or 1440p. 2k is not 1440p, it's not even close to 1440p.
    That'd be like saying that 480p is HD, or 720p is the same as 1080p. It IS a big deal when people use the wrong terms for things.

3070's are delayed...

How about that 30 series availability!

good things come to those who wait

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, everyone and their mothers was screaming off the rooftops there will be a 20GB version of 3080. Not sure why the pikachuface.

You really think they'd stop at 10GB vRAM for their 4k card?

Here's another shocking revelation - we will have 3080Ti/Super early next year too, which will likely be very close to current 3090 at half the price.

You can bet they are binning their GPUs just for that and just waiting for red team to make its move to top it immediately.

---

My personal intent is to give it another half a year or so for 3080Ti/Super to appear and get that one and then good 4k IPS gsync monitor, until then I can certainly live with 1080Ti.

---

Edit: Oh, just in time - seems like there will be 3070Ti/Super for one.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...rds-confirmed/
    3080ti will be around 1200, not exactly half the 3090 price

- - - Updated - - -

Edit2: Heaven is from 2009... I'll run Time Spy Extreme stress test for an hour.

The 8700k is bottlenecking the 3080 pretty hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah, so more and more people are making the same mistake, and me and Shaka are trying to stop it.
    At least with 4k it's "kinda" close, in that they're both 2160p vertically, but 2k has NOTHING to do with 1440p, even remotely.

QHD is Quad HD, or 1440p. 2k is not 1440p, it's not even close to 1440p.
    That'd be like saying that 480p is HD, or 720p is the same as 1080p. It IS a big deal when people use the wrong terms for things.
    It's close enough, dude. Seriously. There's no need to be so pedantic about such obscure terminology.

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm waiting for AMD! Depending on the price and performance, ill decide then what to buy.

15+ Year Old Account

Good to know. Im waiting on a Evga RTX 3080FTW3 running very similar to your set up.

ThermalTake P3 Case
    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi Motherboard
    Corsair H-100 CPU Cooler
    Intel i7 8700K

32gb Corsair DDR4 4000
    Evga 2080 FTW3 Ultra Graphics Card(waiting on 3080FTW3)
    M.2 ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB(WoW)
    WD-Blue 3D NAND SATA 500gb M.2(OS)
    Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500gb(secondary games)

Wester Digital Black 4TB(storage)
    Egva 850 G3 Power Supply
    Corsair K95 Platinum Keyboard
    Steel Series QCK PRISM CLOTH
    Logitech G502 Gaming Mouse
    3 x MSI AG32C Monitor
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG