Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The AMD comparison in the YouTube video is pretty interesting. I know it's not related, but I'm having difficulty streaming using a the 2070 nvenc encoder while in Shadowlands. The stuttering and encoding lag I'm getting was not present in BFA so, from that perspective, I'm actually not surprised seeing positive numbers from AMD when compared with nvidia. Something seems up from a driver perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    See, this is something I don't understand. I'm trying to go to 4k or 1440p so I don't have to run any AA at all. The pixel density on any normal sized monitor (28" or less) should be enough to not need it I would think. That's the prime benefit of it IMO.
    I am running on a 32 inch monitor at 1440p .

Also there is a difference, just playing at the resolution you play at doesn't mean you get ideal aliasing, there will still be there, MSAA reduces that further, the very purpose of it.

Stuff like this is very noticeable in movement in detailed areas especially contrasted scenes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    The AMD comparison in the YouTube video is pretty interesting. I know it's not related, but I'm having difficulty streaming using a the 2070 nvenc encoder while in Shadowlands. The stuttering and encoding lag I'm getting was not present in BFA so, from that perspective, I'm actually not surprised seeing positive numbers from AMD when compared with nvidia. Something seems up from a driver perspective.
    To my impression, you are still limited to the total board power budget, if shadowlands without any streaming encoding is nearing 100% of the total board power, theres less power to give to the encoder, thats more true with AMD sadly.

If you notch down some other settings you might be able to give some power towards the encoder.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post

To my impression, you are still limited to the total board power budget, if shadowlands without any streaming encoding is nearing 100% of the total board power, theres less power to give to the encoder, thats more true with AMD sadly.

If you notch down some other settings you might be able to give some power towards the encoder.
    Fair enough, might be something for me to consider. Side tidbit: prior to the SL launch, I couldn't run ray tracing at all. Now in Maldraxxus I'm running high RT at ~90fps standing still. I couldn't hit 50 pre patch.

I've spent all morning hitting up different places and absolutely nothing so far. Crickets. Only thing I've found is a microcenter employee saying "We're (as in literally EVERY microcenter) not currently getting any shipments of 6800 XTs on the 25th, so don't bother showing up."

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently the launch happened and I wasn't even aware. I've been searching newegg ALL DAY for 6800 and 6800 xt and it literally hasn't returned any search results at all besides the reference cards which are out of stock. Come to find a link on reddit raging about it and how they just "showed up" if you manually navigated using their side-bar filter thing and, of course, they're all sold out. This is fucking driving me insane. WHY ARE THESE PLACES NOT BEING MORE FUCKING VOCAL ABOUT THIS SHIT WHEN IT RELEASES SO WE CAN ALL PARTICIPATE IN THE RAT RACE.

Jesus fuck. Put a big dumb fucking banner on your site with a fucking countdown you fucking cucks.

So basically doesn't matter if you're currently looking to upgrade a Nvidia or AMD system, you're fucked because Crypto Farmers seem to have a monopoly. Or you have to buy them off of Ebay for 100% the original price.

What the actual shit?

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    So basically doesn't matter if you're currently looking to upgrade a Nvidia or AMD system, you're fucked because Crypto Farmers seem to have a monopoly. Or you have to buy them off of Ebay for 100% the original price.

What the actual shit?
    You don't have crypto farming problem with the new AMD parts as they are shit for it. Nvidia though.. Apparently(rumor) is selling GA102 stock directly to miners.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It doesnt. Consoles dont run Windows. If this was the case we would see proper console ports, but the ports (with very few exceptions) have been getting worse even though GPU and CPU architectures are the same.

- - - Updated - - -

AMD is the only one to blame here. SL engine has been out for a while already.
    Serious question: is the Xbox OS all that different from Windows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Serious question: is the Xbox OS all that different from Windows?
    I'm going to assume no. They'll want it to be easy to port over from Xbox to PC and the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'm going to assume no. They'll want it to be easy to port over from Xbox to PC and the other way around
    Xbox OS is literally a modified Win10 for a while now. There are even developer options to turn on start menu and the tray.

Sure, but do You realy need 3090 in WoW?
    I`m actualy playing in 4k with 2070 with ~190fps

10+ Year Old Account
    3060ti review from GN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9H2PfYDFok

TLDW: It's a 400 dollar card. It's probably good at that price, but we don't have anything to compare it directly to. Performance somewhere around 2080 super levels +/- a couple %

I'm wondering if or when I should upgrade my 1080 Ti

I'm playing at 1440p / 144hz. I can still run the games that I play on high, like 7d2d, or even ultra, like Witcher 3 or BF4.

I was really thinking to go for the 3070, but the games I play don't really have Raytracing... And supply is so bad that I doubt I will get it any time soon for around 500€.

Honestly I feel like I'm stuck with the 1080 Ti since it's still powerful enough to not impact me negatively at all at 1440p gaming. And I'm not going to buy a 144 hz 4k Monitor aaaaanytime soon anyway.

Should I just keep the 1080 for maybe two more years and then go for the 3080? Which I hope would drop in price similar to the 1080 Ti today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if or when I should upgrade my 1080 Ti

I'm playing at 1440p / 144hz. I can still run the games that I play on high, like 7d2d, or even ultra, like Witcher 3 or BF4.

I was really thinking to go for the 3070, but the games I play don't really have Raytracing... And supply is so bad that I doubt I will get it any time soon for around 500€.

Honestly I feel like I'm stuck with the 1080 Ti since it's still powerful enough to not impact me negatively at all at 1440p gaming. And I'm not going to buy a 144 hz 4k Monitor aaaaanytime soon anyway.

Should I just keep the 1080 for maybe two more years and then go for the 3080? Which I hope would drop in price similar to the 1080 Ti today.
    If you're satisfied with what you have, then don't upgrade. At that point you're just throwing money away for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPuffin View Post
    Sure, but do You realy need 3090 in WoW?
    I`m actualy playing in 4k with 2070 with ~190fps
    What what what? 190 fps? Did you scale internal resolution to 1080p? Is your graphic preset at 1?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my reference design 6800XT a few days ago and I'm really really impressed by it. Solid build quality, no flimsy plastic.

The cooler in particular is phenomenal, IDK why anyone would bother with the more expensive AIB models because the reference model is just so good. It was really good even with completely stock settings, but with a -100mV undervolt it's running games at a cool ~65C GPU temp and ~75C junction temp, with a custom fan speed around 1200 RPM. And it's hitting up to 2400Mhz GPU clock with these settings.
    It's achieving more than twice the performance of my old Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse and running both cooler and more quiet as well, it's really something.

No coil whine on my model either and it's also fully downclocking the memory frequency when idle even though I'm using a multi monitor setup with a 1440p 144Hz and a 1080p 60Hz monitor, most GPU's struggle with that configuration and will run the memory clock at full speed but not this one. Haven't had any driver issues this far either.

So yeah let's just say I'm very pleased with it

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    If you're satisfied with what you have, then don't upgrade. At that point you're just throwing money away for nothing
    Fear of losing out on things I don't know. Maybe I am satisfied because I don't know just how great the experience would be using a newer gen card.
    And I guess even the games I play today would get updated to the point of being a challenge to the 1080 Ti... My gutfeeling says 2 years is probably still okay.

But already Cyberpunk 2077 is probably going to be difficult to play it nicely on 1440p.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fear of losing out on things I don't know. Maybe I am satisfied because I don't know just how great the experience would be using a newer gen card.
    And I guess even the games I play today would get updated to the point of being a challenge to the 1080 Ti... My gutfeeling says 2 years is probably still okay.

But already Cyberpunk 2077 is probably going to be difficult to play it nicely on 1440p
    Well the game recommends an rtx 2060 for 1440p, which is roughly about as strong as a 1080. A 1080ti is roughly equivalent to an rtx 2070 super so you're probably fine.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Got my reference design 6800XT a few days ago and I'm really really impressed by it. Solid build quality, no flimsy plastic.

The cooler in particular is phenomenal, IDK why anyone would bother with the more expensive AIB models because the reference model is just so good. It was really good even with completely stock settings, but with a -100mV undervolt it's running games at a cool ~65C GPU temp and ~75C junction temp, with a custom fan speed around 1200 RPM. And it's hitting up to 2400Mhz GPU clock with these settings.
    It's achieving more than twice the performance of my old Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse and running both cooler and more quiet as well, it's really something.

No coil whine on my model either and it's also fully downclocking the memory frequency when idle even though I'm using a multi monitor setup with a 1440p 144Hz and a 1080p 60Hz monitor, most GPU's struggle with that configuration and will run the memory clock at full speed but not this one. Haven't had any driver issues this far either.

So yeah let's just say I'm very pleased with it
    Considering the XFX 6800XT crushes the reference cards for performance in overclocking, there's a good reason why people wait for the AIB cards. Sure, they are a bit more expensive, but their overclocking headroom is more stable and leads to superior performance.

I'm probably going to upgrade to a 3060 Ti in the new year. My 1070 still performs well but I do want to be able to use RTX in the future and the card is getting a bit long in the tooth now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Considering the XFX 6800XT crushes the reference cards for performance in overclocking, there's a good reason why people wait for the AIB cards. Sure, they are a bit more expensive, but their overclocking headroom is more stable and leads to superior performance.
    Not at these prices though. The AIB cards are $150-$200 over the MSRP for the reference. It makes no sense to buy one if there is any supply of the 6900XT

10+ Year Old Account
    No. i use intel so i'm fine.