Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What I want to know is if Skadi in Icecrown also drops the mount that does not exist!

Would be a nice touch at least.
    My brother got his after 1 run and i got mine the next day but after like 5 runs.

Yes, it would be nice.

Dont feel bad though, i had over 300 runs on ony before i got that mount. And my first ever vortex pinnacle had the mount drop but i lost the roll while in a dungeon finder group, back in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Whoever decided to reuse Lore figures that are meant to be deceased, absolutely have no clue.
    This...

All these fuckers are supposed to be dead, or, well re-dead, because they were undead and we killed them back to dead.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    If only there wasnt a giant hole in the sky to hell, where they could come back from.
    Yeah, together with basically everybody who ever died, as long as the authors wish to do so.

They started to make death meaningless with WoD, but this whole expansion is just absurd.

I don't know what is wrong with bringing back the dead and undead, when it's exactly what's supposed to happen, once the veil between life and death is gone.
    And the fact that the death is not final is one of the core concepts of Warcraft. Without it, none of Warcraft would have happened. No Gul'dan and 1st gen Deathknights, no Ner'zhul talking to his deceased wife and mistaking Kil'Jaeden for her, no Lich King, no Kel'Thuzad, no Banshee Queen, no nothing. Death is simply a different state of existence.
    This is a fantasy world, not real life.

Idk if i'd call it "amazing" but when the bar was set so low with the MOP prepatch, I'll take this any day over that. Also isn't there a giant rip above Icecrown to the shadowlands? Who said they are brought back to life? They coulda just found a way across? idk the lore in this game is pretty crap as it is, complaining about the consistency of it is meh.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-08-23 at 11:48 PM.

Are Youtube/Buzzfeed-style clickbait titles now going to be more common on MMO-C than they already were?

"18 AMAZING Wrath Bosses Coming to Shadowlands Pre-Patch!!! Number 5 Will SHOCK You!!!" (I'm just shocked anyone remembers Trollgore)

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, together with basically everybody who ever died, as long as the authors wish to do so.

They started to make death meaningless with WoD, but this whole expansion is just absurd.
    Yeah, agree.

So many arguments that the Scourge are undead and therefore can always come back: Can they? That isn't really how undeath works. Like... generally speaking you have to have a conduit of some kind. The general tropes with undeath are things like necromancers reanimating corpse meat temporarily with the power of magic. When I say corpse meat I mean like... a severed human arm. Something that you wouldn't expect to be alive on its own is able to temporarily do something because the spellcaster is directly channeling his magic through it. As soon as the concentration is broken then the thing dies again.

You have the idea of zombies or skeletal minions which is generally something that is tied to a specific necromancer, but can be maintained unconsciously because the body is whole enough to sustain the magic. Generally the spell is broken either when the necromancer dies (sometimes) or when the body is destroyed in some fashion usually by destroying the brain or head/skull. These creatures do not retain any semblance of their past selves.

And the last form is generally when a soul is forced back into a body to inhabit. This can be like Deathbringer Saurfang or Sylvanas who were risen from the dead and retain aspects of their lives. They keep their memories, and they have personality still. These only work as long as they have their body, though. Sylvanas specifically kept her body preserved for the day she would escape the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Well thansk for your input, but if you ask me.... this event seems amazing... and who knows we will get invasions around the world aswell, and again, Icecrown is the gate way to the Shadowlands... so it would be logic that most of the undead leaders would want to hold that zone
    Actually the event was boring as hell on the PTR. Few quests then go kill the big baddies. Makes you wonder why they shut it down after only a couple days. Boring.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Actually the event was boring as hell on the PTR. Few quests then go kill the big baddies. Makes you wonder why they shut it down after only a couple days. Boring.
    I am hoping with every fiber of my being that there's something being hidden from players, a la the War Campaign Finale. Legion pre-event had some toys and mogs, the War of Thorns had mount rewards. Even as far back as the Dark Portal, there was the special Argent Dawn tabard.

This seems to just have catchup gear...? And AD rep for anyone who hadn't done it yet. Shot at a Darkhound mount off Nathanos seemed like an easy bet, but it looks like it's a Necrolord construct an Adventures reward.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2020-08-24 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post

How awesome is this... the Crown is broken!!! and all the top leaders of the SCOURGE!!! are free to do their own thing!!

This will be one of the very best Pre-patches ever!!!

Shadowlands here we come!!!

PS: Falric and Marwyn.... are the 2 Captains that followed Arthas up to Northrned!!! so amazing to see them back on their feet ^^
    Rares, chests and World Quests.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Such revamp. Such innovation.

I like that the Black Knight running gag of him constantly coming back still continues. I lost count how many times he came back as of now.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2020-08-24 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post

Could be worse, you could complain on a forum how undead are defying death.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-08-24 at 01:04 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    So the dead Characters just appear in Icecrown?
    Good lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    So the dead Characters just appear in Icecrown?
    Good lore.
    Blizzard established Death was merely a setback in the last patch of TBC. It is a little late to complain about reusing popular figures and it misses the mark when a lot of it is being done out of nostalgia (including you know the zombie invasion returning) because of how closely it ties into the newest expansion. But let me guess you will still play it because in the end the lore being bad doesn't much matter right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    That seems like a hard skip. Why go and fight them again? I beat them back in wrath.

7+ Year Old Account
    Set aside the lore

The pre patch event is really them just reusing stuff
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard ramping up their marketing of the pre- patch through posting with a mmo champ account....
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    While it might make sense in terms of story, bringing your villains back to life for the second time for the sake of nostalgia is nothing but poor taste.

I personally would rather see Scourge invasions across the continents because that's what is supposed to happen when they are no longer restrained by the Lich King.
    While something more elaborate would admittedly be cooler, i don't really mind that the pre-event is cobbled together from old bits and pieces, the pre-event lasts three weeks, so inventing new stuff for that is a bit of a waste, i'd rather they put the real effort into the expansion we'll be spending two years in, TBH

So let me get this straight.

Upon killing these evil bosses, there was no cleanup crew to scour the locations and burn the dead, especially considering THEY CAN BE REANIMATED AT ANY TIME?! Then surely Arthas...!!!!