Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    it is just a fun event guys. like cameo in a movie. it has no serious connection with lore. like a collaboration event in a smartphone game.

    wait a second...

  2. #162
    The Lightbringer The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    3,749
    i'm really glad you enjoy it. Personally It's not a prepatch without a few souvineers, and thus far blizzard hasn't given us much. (Maybe a mount from Nathanos, but some reskin armor would be nice.)
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  3. #163
    Not sure i care about this prepatch. The Legion one was more useful and memorable. I'm not even doing anything in the prepatch, I'll be waiting for 27/10/20 to play.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Death hasn't meant anything since TBC. Kael'thas returned from the dead to be a boss in a 5-man. Shadow lands is just the "after life" of Warcraft lore. Having an after life with once living people doesn't ruin the quality of a story and has been the foundation of many including Greek mythology.
    Then let me rephrase it with your words: the whole "after life" thing is the point where most entertainment brands (movies, tv shows, video games) start to suck and lose any credibility. Death is the only thing that should be permanent - that's why many tv shows like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones were so shocking - because death had a greater meaning to it. By basically removing this, death loses impact. The recent Star Wars movies are another case of that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Then let me rephrase it with your words: the whole "after life" thing is the point where most entertainment brands (movies, tv shows, video games) start to suck and lose any credibility. Death is the only thing that should be permanent - that's why many tv shows like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones were so shocking - because death had a greater meaning to it. By basically removing this, death loses impact. The recent Star Wars movies are another case of that.
    Ehm i dislike the new Star Wars movies tbh, but Star wars is an example against your case. We have had floaty dead hologram people since the original trilogy.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by sodiboi View Post
    Ehm i dislike the new Star Wars movies tbh, but Star wars is an example against your case. We have had floaty dead hologram people since the original trilogy.
    I know this and it worked in the case of Obiwan and Yoda, but I felt like they blew it in the new trilogy. But that might be quite subjective. My point with "death loses meaning / impact" still stands in regard to this. I mean, my opinion isn't universal, but this is usually the point where - for me - movies, shows, games lose credibility and seriousness, because I know that dead people can come back anytime now when the writers deem it useful.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again
    Vote #Jaina!
    #Proudmoore4AllianceLeader
    #ImwithHer2020

  7. #167
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Klueade View Post
    I love the idea of a world revamp, I want to see more. I know some people are saying this is boring or whatever, but what more can you ask for really? The story isn't over.
    Honestly I'd be more interested in a continously evolving world instead of going somewhere new all the time. The sheer size of the overall game world atm is already way to big if you hope to ever have some level of activity in the various zones.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Honestly I'd be more interested in a continously evolving world instead of going somewhere new all the time. The sheer size of the overall game world atm is already way to big if you hope to ever have some level of activity in the various zones.
    That's a fair point, maybe I'm too optimistic but I want what I want lol.

  9. #169
    I'd prefer have new characters rather than old bosses that make no sense to be alive again.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Then let me rephrase it with your words: the whole "after life" thing is the point where most entertainment brands (movies, tv shows, video games) start to suck and lose any credibility. Death is the only thing that should be permanent - that's why many tv shows like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones were so shocking - because death had a greater meaning to it. By basically removing this, death loses impact. The recent Star Wars movies are another case of that.
    you do realize that Game of Thrones had people not stay dead right? Weird how your own example of something doing it right also erases "dead is dead" when it is needed for the plot. Death hasn't had an impact in WoW since the begining. We the player characters are immune to death. Lore figures have come back before. We have Forsaken which have literally been raised from the dead to have a new life.

    And here you are complaining that going to an afterlife is suddenly making death have no meaning. You are out of touch with the reality of the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Be careful OP, saying something is amazing in WoW will bring out the moaning d*cks that think their opinion is right and the game should cater to them only...
    You were about 6 pages behind the curve on this one. The crying started IMMEDIATELY.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    well... what do you mean with old?... if you mean with Old... go back to palces we have been and see the story move forward... with characters that we know well and enjoy beeing with... well then that is true... alot of people enjoy old content
    Thats what i mean with old. I know there is people that love doing the same stuff they have already done already a umpteen amount of times. But my problem is too much of that content is exactly the crap that was designed horribly. Take questing for example. That is my entire point. It is those things that causes to get crap like the current Pre-patch questline for the expansion. Currently still is.

    THOSE PEOPLE!

  13. #173
    Dreadlord aarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Grim Batol - eu
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    You were about 6 pages behind the curve on this one. The crying started IMMEDIATELY.
    It's the WoW community... they cry about everything

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    amazing? adding NPC for punching bag is not amazing, I can add 10 lich kings to you in the ICC ,but that won't make the story cool.
    you're right, that wouldn't make the story cool, because that is fucking stupid idea, and that exactly why they didn't do that

    they did, however, release all the bosses that once were in a raid to be in open world near that raid, which to the OP's point, is BAD ASS!

    remember during the opening of the Legion invasion, when all of the old Demons bosses made the cameo before Varian gets disenchanted? there isn't one person who didn't love that. you're lying if you say you didn't.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    you're right, that wouldn't make the story cool, because that is fucking stupid idea, and that exactly why they didn't do that

    they did, however, release all the bosses that once were in a raid to be in open world near that raid, which to the OP's point, is BAD ASS!

    remember during the opening of the Legion invasion, when all of the old Demons bosses made the cameo before Varian gets disenchanted? there isn't one person who didn't love that. you're lying if you say you didn't.
    Context is quite different.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    As did I, but I can't help the feel it's going to be disappointing when you see all those old lore bosses and remember how it was to fight them.... Then you go tank n spank them in this event like every other boring world boss in the game.
    This is actually accurate. But, one doesn't need to think that way. They are not sacred stones or anything.
    They are nice references, is all. It's still very much a gear catch up pre-patch system. Will be gone soon, so it works perfectly as a call back.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Context is quite different.
    Yeah alot of that was because many of them we hadn't seen since the RTS games.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post


    How awesome is this... the Crown is broken!!! and all the top leaders of the SCOURGE!!! are free to do their own thing!!

    This will be one of the very best Pre-patches ever!!!

    Shadowlands here we come!!!

    PS: Falric and Marwyn.... are the 2 Captains that followed Arthas up to Northrned!!! so amazing to see them back on their feet ^^
    Oh, another recycling, to create cost effective cheap shit content. Oh, another recycled lore characters, „back on their feet“ (for sure baked into a 2 lines cheap shit story).

    How awesome is this ? AMAZING !!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    As did I, but I can't help the feel it's going to be disappointing when you see all those old lore bosses and remember how it was to fight them.... Then you go tank n spank them in this event like every other boring world boss in the game.
    yep. AMAZING !!!

    lol

  19. #179
    Why are people acting like Blizzard is doing this event out of the goodness of their hearts, you guys are paying 15 dollars a month for this shit. If you're fine with that, cool, but it's okay for people to be skeptical of the quality of an asset reuse event that they quite literally pay for

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    absolutely I do. especially the ones that drop mounts lol. nah I know a lot of them are tank and spank but they give loot so that makes them better than nothing.
    This is stockholm syndrome
    Last edited by brinkber245; 2020-09-08 at 11:29 AM.

  20. #180
    The Patient Frinata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    345
    Gotta love how the chief arguement at play here is

    "Oh my god. Why are these undead characters back? It breaks the lore!"

    You realise that they are undead characters that were brought back... Right?

    Or that even some of them weren't even dead when we first fought them.

    Skadi and Ignvar were living when we first encounter them (Ignvar even dying during the fight and ACTIVELY BEING BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE FOR PHASE 2 OF THE FIGHT)

    It's the Scourge. If they can do anything, it's reanimating corpses.

    If you don't accept that as an excuse, then just don't consider their return canon, and just have fun with the non-canonical nature of it.

    Good lord you guys can find a way to complain about anything

    Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •