Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do we have any information, when will the prepatch hit live servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Apparently you have no idea what the expansion is about.
    Apparently Icecrown is now suddenly Shadowlands ?? The event is supposed to be about how the Undead are now left unchecked, you know, the Undead that Bolvar was overseeing. The bosses we faced were pretty much slaughtered dead by the Heroes and last I checked, Bolvar isn't raising these bosses back from the dead either, the whole point of the Helm of Domination was that he was keeping control of the undead that were still left alive. Destroying that Helmet doesn't suddenly "raise slain bosses from the past" it severs the link of control between Bolvar and the Scourge that were left to roam the wastes of Northrend.

That's why this event goes against the Lore, it's dumb for the sake of Nostalgia. Atleast with the lore figures we end up encountering in the Shadowlands makes sense, because that is where they went when they died.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2020-08-24 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Responses like this is why we can't have fun things.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-08-24 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Apparently Icecrown is now suddenly Shadowlands ?? The event is supposed to be about how the Undead are now left unchecked, you know, the Undead that Bolvar was overseeing. The bosses we faced were pretty much slaughtered dead by the Heroes and last I checked, Bolvar isn't raising these bosses back from the dead either, the whole point of the Helm of Domination was that he was keeping control of the undead that were still left alive. Destroying that Helmet doesn't suddenly "raise slain bosses from the past" it severs the link of control between Bolvar and the Scourge that were left to roam the wastes of Northrend.
    Why don't just wait to see the story and how the Jailer is involved?
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2020-08-24 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean we start the whole thing by having Mawsworn Kyrian absudct select faction leaders to the Maw.

This means that whatever is in Maw could come to Azeroth anyway and all scourge goes to the Maw, that's actually a thing even before.

It does not take much imagination to consider that shit we get back in the event came back from Maw too, because that's where we sent them as is and the way back is clear now, at least for Jailer's buds.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    Do we have any information, when will the prepatch hit live servers?
    we will hopefully find out this week at Gamescom. maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And they are not even doing a bit of extra work.
    BfA had a single zone with rares at max level but it had pvp events and the zone was graphically revamped beyond a nice skybox. Legion did not revamp the zones it used but it used multiple (was it six or eight) zones with dynamic events, new mogs and a great catchup system for alts. Even WoD which also only had a single zone with minimal changes at least also had the dungeon preview.
    no, BfA had a questline which was split up into two weeks. there was no pvp event. Shadowlands prepatch is fine, it might seem like it's less efforts than Legion's but that is because Legion's prepatch was an actual invasion. the prepatch has to match the story events

15+ Year Old Account
    And they are not even doing a bit of extra work.
    Considering they're dealing with working from home and that the event only lasts a few weeks, I'm not sure this is necessarily a bad thing.

The patch will also arrive with the level squish and revamp so it's not like people won't have things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Responses like this is why we can't have fun things.
    Randomly spawned old NPCs with tuned up HP is a fun thing now.

But I guess you are dissapointed that not everyone is polishing Blizzards buttcrack so you will just slither away, right?

Why can't they just come up with new interesting characters to kill? Ressurecting old NPCs feels lazy and boring...

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    I don't know what is wrong with bringing back the dead and undead, when it's exactly what's supposed to happen, once the veil between life and death is gone.
    And the fact that the death is not final is one of the core concepts of Warcraft. Without it, none of Warcraft would have happened. No Gul'dan and 1st gen Deathknights, no Ner'zhul talking to his deceased wife and mistaking Kil'Jaeden for her, no Lich King, no Kel'Thuzad, no Banshee Queen, no nothing. Death is simply a different state of existence.
    This is a fantasy world, not real life.
    ^This.

Players tend to forget that this is still a fantasy game.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Judging by some of the questlines in Shadowlands, this IS an actual invasion as well. E.g. Redridge gets attacked by zombies in the Kyrian Covenant campaign. So there is a world wide scourge invasion.
    oh I wasn't aware of that. I was more talking explicitly about the prepatch. and yeah that makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Delroy View Post
    ^This.

Players tend to forget that this is still a fantasy game.
    Even fantasy has rules, current "writers" just decided to shit all over them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Be careful OP, saying something is amazing in WoW will bring out the moaning d*cks that think their opinion is right and the game should cater to them only...

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    Be careful OP, saying something is amazing in WoW will bring out the moaning d*cks that think their opinion is right and the game should cater to them only...
    Don't forget all the sad, lonely, miserable people who can't bear to see other people excited about something.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah i got that mount ages ago lol
    Yeah, someone got it....

Mims head too, 10 years and counting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    My brother got his after 1 run and i got mine the next day but after like 5 runs.

Yes, it would be nice.

Dont feel bad though, i had over 300 runs on ony before i got that mount. And my first ever vortex pinnacle had the mount drop but i lost the roll while in a dungeon finder group, back in cata.
    Yeah, its that rng.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the people moaning here seem to forget the fact that this is an event, it is an extra, a tradition.. Be happy they still come up with it and they actually put effort into it.

Don´t like it? then go to moan somewhere else where people care about your lament.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    and they actually put effort into it.
    Did they? Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    All of the whiners in this thread are hilarious lmao. "The bosses are all dead so theres no possible way for that big hole in the sky that links directly to the Maw could be the reason they came back reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" Literally all this player base does is complain
    Gee, I can't imagine why they'd complain about Blizzard giving them a recycled ghoul event and recycled bosses with recycled loot in a place that has been virtually unchanged since WoTLK.
    Poor Blizzard always getting shit on for their generous charity work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Yes, this type of post is exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for doubling down.
    Nice kafkatrap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Amazing" seems like too big a word.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know we are dealing with forces that can both bring back and control the dead and undead right?
    You know you are dealing with a lazy excuse to just recycle old bosses, some of which died more than once already, right?*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Could be worse, you could complain on a forum how undead are defying death.
    Could be worse. You could be feverishly defending a pretty mediocre event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Considering they're dealing with working from home and that the event only lasts a few weeks, I'm not sure this is necessarily a bad thing.

The patch will also arrive with the level squish and revamp so it's not like people won't have things to do.
    Yes, they also get to complain about how ghouls are griefing the bottleneck quest npc from the starting experience and how the squish has ruined their ability to tackle Legion content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Randomly spawned old NPCs with tuned up HP is a fun thing now.

But I guess you are dissapointed that not everyone is polishing Blizzards buttcrack so you will just slither away, right?
    but bro it's like.. the old guys.. dropping the old stuff

it's like so epic and nostalgic and blizzard did it for that reason, not simply because it was easy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Don't forget all the sad, lonely, miserable people who can't bear to see other people excited about something.
    Nobody tells you not to be excited about something.

Be excited about this all you want. People also get to be critical. Want a hugbox? Make one. Act confrontational and passive-aggressive about people who are critical about it? Of course those people will reply to you. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    All of the whiners in this thread are hilarious lmao. "The bosses are all dead so theres no possible way for that big hole in the sky that links directly to the Maw could be the reason they came back reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" Literally all this player base does is complain
    Most people in the thread aren't complaining. They're just pointing out how low effort and pathetic this content is.

Also how suspciously "HYEPEPPEPEEEEEEEE" this thread is? Plugging shit content.