Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Oh okay. Now you're going to argue semantics. You directly compared it to two zones that were entirely remade with new graphics and assets.
    It isn't semantics. The higher resolution textures are only one part of the zone revamps. No one went to Darkshore and Arathi just because the stuff was better graphically. They went because of the gameplay which is the same basic formula that is being used in Icecrown for the pre-patch. Arathi and Darkshore (some of Darkshore) use the old assets for mobs and stuff.

So no it wasn't entirely new graphics and assets. It was just better quality graphics and updated assets but not new. Except for the parts that were modified for story which happens heavily in Darkshore. Which is what I stated in my original post.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

That they didn't update the Frozen Throne area of outdoor Icecrown to reflect SOMETHING of a presence there besides the same four spires and a blank floor is baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by doffen View Post
    yeah, someone got it....

mims head too, 10 years and counting.

- - - updated - - -

yeah, its that rng.
    damn you rng damn you!!!
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    well, if you ask me, Bolvar was a true Jailer of the damed... he hold them in place... and told them to do nothing... then when he felt sylvanas come to him... he did not know of their Maw powers... so in his eyes... she was very weak and he knew he could handle her.
    For someone who is far closer to the realm of the dead than anybody else in Azeroth (except maybe Sylvanas or Bwom boi), he did a pretty awful job.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    damn you rng damn you!!!
    Yep, *angry fist*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yep, *angry fist*
    one need to pray more to the RNG Gods!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But there is no graphic revamp. It's not really like Darkshore or Arathi
    well, that is just a hope, for the future, maybe this is just the start... then in 10.0 we get a totaly Grapic revamp of northrend
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

People like the OP is why i am glad i am gonna buy a boost for questing for pre-patch / expansion release.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    People like the OP is why i am glad i am gonna buy a boost for questing for pre-patch / expansion release.
    What do you mean "People Like the OP" ?
    -

First and foremost undead can not be resurrected again and again and again, unless they're just constructs. If they die as undead they're dead, especially when their head is destroyed. There is a reason why someone like Sylvanas wanted Valkyr as her safe guard against death. There is a reason why Kelthuzad as the most powerful Lich on Azeroth still created and had his phylactery to regenerate.

Aside from this, i think if these undead characters went to the Maw, allied themselves with the Jailer, its possible for the Jailer to send them back to Azeroth to wreck havoc in their undead forms. Resurrecting undead requires necromantic power. The more powerful the undead being is or is supposed to be, the more necromantic power is needed. But the Jailer doesn't lack in that regard. To the contrary.

Just putting them as Rares and World Bosses into Ice Crown is low effort though. Having Scourge invasions in the world, especially in meaningful places, would be better and wouldn't look like a low effort event. Let these Scourge bosses lead armies of undead in certain regions, where it makes sense, for example Lanathel in Quel'thalas, in the Ghostlands and Eversong Forest for example. Something like that. Let these named Scourge characters appear in places where they have lore connections. Even the players turning into ghouls is just another rehash. You tell me after all those years they couldn't have done better? Like let the ghoul players evolve into Abominations, Frostwyrms, Liches and what not? Would that have been so difficult?

Its just cheap work. But asides from viusals, thats exactly what you can expect from Blizzard these days.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    It's been a long time since we've been back to Icecrown so yeah I'm pretty excited about it too.

Surprised to see so much negativity..
    Tell that to the guy that is still farming Invincible every week

OT: For the event we'll just wait and see how it actually plays out, though for me the most exciting thing about pre-patch is trying new class changes and new expansion systems (like levelling revamp which I assume will be in pre-patch?).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    What do you mean "People Like the OP" ?
    People that like to do the same old content they already a thousand times before, just reused now and pretending to be brand new. Like no one notices.

Thats the kind of people i mean.

Except adding characters that were destroyed to be joke "rare mini-bosse" is not actually cool and doesn't make any sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    People that like to do the same old content they already a thousand times before, just reused now and pretending to be brand new. Like no one notices.

Thats the kind of people i mean.
    well... what do you mean with old?... if you mean with Old... go back to palces we have been and see the story move forward... with characters that we know well and enjoy beeing with... well then that is true... alot of people enjoy old content
    -

I love the idea of a world revamp, I want to see more. I know some people are saying this is boring or whatever, but what more can you ask for really? The story isn't over.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, awesome, Bring all the dead back because death is not meaningless enough in WoW already
    Yeah, I really hate this route they're going. In WoD it worked because of the alternate universe stuff. But bringing back dead people or travelling into the realm of the dead? Uhm... this is mostly where things go downhill fast and TV shows that are going this route lose a lot of their storytelling qualities because death doesn't mean anything anymore. And this is exactly how Shadowlands feels like (and it's not good).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, I really hate this route they're going. In WoD it worked because of the alternate universe stuff. But bringing back dead people or travelling into the realm of the dead? Uhm... this is mostly where things go downhill fast and TV shows that are going this route lose a lot of their storytelling qualities because death doesn't mean anything anymore. And this is exactly how Shadowlands feels like (and it's not good).
    Death hasn't meant anything since TBC. Kael'thas returned from the dead to be a boss in a 5-man. Shadow lands is just the "after life" of Warcraft lore. Having an after life with once living people doesn't ruin the quality of a story and has been the foundation of many including Greek mythology.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't think the bosses in the prepatch are considered lore.

it is just a fun event guys. like cameo in a movie. it has no serious connection with lore. like a collaboration event in a smartphone game.

wait a second...

Not sure i care about this prepatch. The Legion one was more useful and memorable. I'm not even doing anything in the prepatch, I'll be waiting for 27/10/20 to play.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Death hasn't meant anything since TBC. Kael'thas returned from the dead to be a boss in a 5-man. Shadow lands is just the "after life" of Warcraft lore. Having an after life with once living people doesn't ruin the quality of a story and has been the foundation of many including Greek mythology.
    Then let me rephrase it with your words: the whole "after life" thing is the point where most entertainment brands (movies, tv shows, video games) start to suck and lose any credibility. Death is the only thing that should be permanent - that's why many tv shows like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones were so shocking - because death had a greater meaning to it. By basically removing this, death loses impact. The recent Star Wars movies are another case of that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again